Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

3 hours ago, Hoosierdave said:

Sorry if it’s been mentioned but Jeff Goodman is suggesting today that Dusty May will likely have the chance to choose between Louisville or Ohio St as his next coaching gig. Know West Va is interested as well. 

Wonder how our fanbase will feel if/when that happens, especially if Woody has another subpar year next season. 

Honest, and perhaps mis-informed question here. How many fans are there among those who don't participate on boards like this, that would not know who he is? That is not meant as a slight to the man, but it isn't as though FAU is on ESPN every week, so I can imagine his name recognition being lower than some other coaches.

2 hours ago, Tom White said:

Honest, and perhaps mis-informed question here. How many fans are there among those who don't participate on boards like this, that would not know who he is? That is not meant as a slight to the man, but it isn't as though FAU is on ESPN every week, so I can imagine his name recognition being lower than some other coaches.

I had to explain to Mr. Stoller who Bruce Pearl and Dusty May are. He didn’t recognize them. Ergo, why I’m on HSN and not Mr. Stoller 😂

:coffee:

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, Tom White said:

Not mis-informed. This site is filled with hardcore posters(almost said "guys" MrsStoller). Their knowledge is at least 2 standard deviations above the mean. So, I don't think most fans have any clue who Dusty May is. I wouldn't have a clue without the "Rain Man" posters keeping me in the know.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, IUDan93 said:

Not mis-informed. This site is filled with hardcore posters(almost said "guys" MrsStoller). Their knowledge is at least 2 standard deviations above the mean. So, I don't think most fans have any clue who Dusty May is. I wouldn't have a clue without the "Rain Man" posters keeping me in the know.

“Guys” is always appropriate and ok with me! It’s a general term, at least imo. I chuckled at “Rain Man” posters 😆.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MrsStoller said:

I had to explain to Mr. Stoller who Bruce Pearl and Dusty May are. He didn’t recognize them. Ergo, why I’m on HSN and not Mr. Stoller 😂

:coffee:

I feel like we would be great friends in real life @MrsStoller!  My ex-“HoosierDaddy” knows who they are (in fact he knew Dusty in college) but when we had season tickets he would never go to the games with me because he’d rather watch at home 🙄

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, HoosierMama said:

I feel like we would be great friends in real life @MrsStoller!  My ex-“HoosierDaddy” knows who they are (in fact he knew Dusty in college) but when we had season tickets he would never go to the games with me because he’d rather watch at home 🙄

good reason for the ex,,,,Who got the tickets?  😉

Edited by Indykev
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, btownqb said:

well, and I don't disagree, just don't front yourself a "big IU guy" if you were to do that. 

Not really saying he, himself, is doing that, but lord we have IU brethren that are... went as far as to say he has an "IU clause" in his contract? That doesn't seem very "IU" of him to take those jobs. 

I would laugh at him for taking the UL job, though. 

I think May possibly has an “IU clause” in his FAU contract, but I’d be surprised if UL or OSU would give him one.

And if May took either of those jobs and succeeded, I seriously doubt he would subsequently leave for IU then. At that point imo it would be too late, similarly to the situation with Brad.

It’s true that there’s no guarantee of success with hiring May, but that might be true of any candidate IU could hire next time around (likely 2025 at the earliest). It’s not clear to me that IU’s next search will have any “proven” or “sure-fire” candidates available to include in it.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, TruestFan said:

I think May possibly has an “IU clause” in his FAU contract, but I’d be surprised if UL or OSU would give him one.

And if May took either of those jobs and succeeded, I seriously doubt he would subsequently leave for IU then. At that point imo it would be too late, similarly to the situation with Brad.

It’s true that there’s no guarantee of success with hiring May, but that might be true of any candidate IU could hire next time around (likely 2025 at the earliest). It’s not clear to me that IU’s next search will have any “proven” or “sure-fire” candidates available to include in it.

TOM CREAN And MIKE DAVIS Are out there. Both final four coaches i'm told.  :coffee:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, HoosierMama said:

😳 yikes! I love going to games; we live a bit far now so it’s harder to go. But yikes!! I’m sorry he wouldn’t go. That stinks!

1 hour ago, HoosierMama said:

Posted too soon.. it’s hard to find other women who talk IU bball as much as I do - I think we need to go to a game next year! 

• Like 1

Timing has always been an issue whenever IU has decided to part ways and go after their “guy.” Sampson being the exception. Then his dismissal, which gave the athletic department plenty of time to find his replacement. That being said, according to a few people I know, Crean wasn’t one of the top 3 choices. The guys who would’ve taken the job under normal circumstances, didn’t want to go into that mess and have to clean up. Therefore Crean saw an opportunity to catapult his career, and capitalized. There were many folks surprised by settling on Archie Miller, similar to Woodson, but they missed on their guy(s). So here we are. My opinion and maybe I’m alone here, but, if you have identified your guy… you go get them. It may cost you, but ramifications of hiring the wrong guy again, will cost more in the end.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Penn State again.  If Mike Woodson can't figure out a way to beat that pathetic team in his third try this year.....

without Galloway, i have my doubts.  sure don't want to bow out this round though.  i'll have my game face on.

image.thumb.png.fded30af40b9f9d7b544503c4516230f.png

• Haha 3