Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

57 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Penn State again.  If Mike Woodson can't figure out a way to beat that pathetic team in his third try this year.....

In the last four games against PSU (across two coaches for them), PSU is 47-97 from three (48.5%), IU is 13-62 (21%). PSU outscores IU on average, by 25+ per game from three. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, MrsStoller said:

Posted too soon.. it’s hard to find other women who talk IU bball as much as I do - I think we need to go to a game next year! 

We totally should!  I have a lot of friends who like IU but they aren't hard core like I am.  Then if they go to the games they want to chat about random stuff during and I'm like "Hey, I'm trying to watch here"  lol

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Just now, HoosierMama said:

We totally should!  I have a lot of friends who like IU but they aren't hard core like I am.  Then if they go to the games they want to chat about random stuff during and I'm like "Hey, I'm trying to watch here"  lol

Haha right! I lost my voice at the B1G tournament game vs Michigan a couple years ago 😂 We’re not here to discuss food or shopping! Let’s touch base next year unless we go to the final 4 this year and I’ll have to break down and figure out a way to make watching it live, in person, happen. 😆

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, MrsStoller said:

Haha right! I lost my voice at the B1G tournament game vs Michigan a couple years ago 😂 We’re not here to discuss food or shopping! Let’s touch base next year unless we go to the final 4 this year and I’ll have to break down and figure out a way to make watching it live, in person, happen. 😆

I like it.  Let's do it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NCHoosier32 said:

without Galloway, i have my doubts.  sure don't want to bow out this round though.  i'll have my game face on.

image.thumb.png.fded30af40b9f9d7b544503c4516230f.png

Do we know for sure Galloway is out? Not saying he will, but he made it clear he was playing during his senior speech. 

10 hours ago, Danomatic said:

Timing has always been an issue whenever IU has decided to part ways and go after their “guy.” Sampson being the exception. Then his dismissal, which gave the athletic department plenty of time to find his replacement. That being said, according to a few people I know, Crean wasn’t one of the top 3 choices. The guys who would’ve taken the job under normal circumstances, didn’t want to go into that mess and have to clean up. Therefore Crean saw an opportunity to catapult his career, and capitalized. There were many folks surprised by settling on Archie Miller, similar to Woodson, but they missed on their guy(s). So here we are. My opinion and maybe I’m alone here, but, if you have identified your guy… you go get them. It may cost you, but ramifications of hiring the wrong guy again, will cost more in the end.

Started my morning with this, now on my way to my CPA to do my taxes....thanks a lot. I probably shouldnt for the mods sake, come back on today.....:coffee:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, HoosierMama said:

Oh they were my tickets!  But I ended up giving them up when they hired Archie.  Wasn't able to go enough and much harder to sell these days.  Sigh.  

Watching on TV is much better anyway......:coffee:

3 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

In the last four games against PSU (across two coaches for them), PSU is 47-97 from three (48.5%), IU is 13-62 (21%). PSU outscores IU on average, by 25+ per game from three. 

But hey, it’s not that important to make threes if you can dominate the paint. (Where is that damn coffee emoji!)

• Haha 1

i fell asleep before the end of the game and generally don't listen to post game interviews anyway, but if i'm not mistaken, Woodson didn't say anything cringe worthy this time right?  maybe this should be in the no negative comments thread?  also, if we look at the bright side, any time Woodson's team has an injury it generally results in him having to give someone who should have had more playing time or a different role that role.  so we have that going for us.  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

After March-October, and then from what we've seen from Gunn, Banks, Cupps, no Newton, and an open scholly..  coupled with our horrible play early on... 

How in the world was it Dec 29th before Leal saw double digit mins? 

I going with he didn't show up in practice and Coach Woodson knows what he is doing?

6 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I going with he didn't show up in practice and Coach Woodson knows what he is doing?

There are a few on the team where I would believe it if someone said they didn't show up in practice.  Leal isn't one of them.

• Like 7

Just now, IUJoe said:

There are a few on the team where I would believe it if someone said they didn't show up in practice.  Leal isn't one of them.

Obviously coach knows more than we do.  We're not in practice.  We're not coaching, just fans.  I leave the coaching to the coach.  He knows what he is doing, i am told

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

After March-October, and then from what we've seen from Gunn, Banks, Cupps, no Newton, and an open scholly..  coupled with our horrible play early on... 

How in the world was it Dec 29th before Leal saw double digit mins? 

I've never been on team Gunn, so I mostly agree with you, but still, it's not hard to see why. Look at what happened every time, other than the game winner, Leal had the ball at the basket. His lack of athleticism is a huge minus. Giving Gunn opportunities made a lot of sense.