Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

Just now, Kdug said:

To be fair, they did wait another year. OSU was terrible last year and it sounded like a lot of fans wanted him gone, but he still got this year. They’ve been on a downhill trend since losing to the 15 seed 2021

I assume the bye out was way to much last year since its still 14mil guaranteed this year.  And was hoping for the best which turned out to be almost worst than last year.

They will get a good coach.  They are first, have the money, a decent roster, and its a job many coaches would love to have.  

2 hours ago, Kdug said:

To be fair, they did wait another year. OSU was terrible last year and it sounded like a lot of fans wanted him gone, but he still got this year. They’ve been on a downhill trend since losing to the 15 seed 2021

OSU finished the year ranked #49 last year. That is like a pretty decent year for IU over the past 30 years, sadly. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Looks like OSU wants to get ahead of the coach hiring cycle and will most likely have their pick of the litter

Not sure it really matters that much. Most coaches are gonna wait and see what other jobs open up and use those as leverage. 

9 minutes ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

OSU finished the year ranked #49 last year. That is like a pretty decent year for IU over the past 30 years, sadly. 

I know the metrics still liked them relatively speaking, but they won 5 big ten games. They were bad.

Also, that’s simply not true that #49 is a decent IU season of the last 30 years. IU was ranked 44th in the year Crean got fired. Even in the Archie years that’d still be an average season.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Kdug said:

I know the metrics still liked them relatively speaking, but they won 5 big ten games. They were bad.

Also, that’s simply not true that #49 is a decent IU season of the last 30 years. IU was ranked 44th in the year Crean got fired. Even in the Archie years that’d still be an average season.

I think he got another year because they won three games in the BTT and Thorton, Gayle, Okpara and Sensabaugh were all freshmen last year and three were returning 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I think he got another year because they won three games in the BTT and Thorton, Gayle, Okpara and Sensabaugh were all freshmen last year and three were returning 

I really, really thought the Bucks would impress this year.  I was wrong,

9 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Can't speak to the NET rankings from 2017 and 2021 but It is interesting that Archie was fired with a team ranked 50th by KenPom and Crean was fired with a team ranked 44th. Additionally, Mike Davis resigned with an Indiana ranked 34th by Kenpom. The current team is ranked 98th. 

Edited by SawatchHoosier
  • Like 2
  • Sad 4

5 hours ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Can't speak to the NET rankings from 2017 and 2021 but It is interesting that Archie was fired with a team ranked 50th by KenPom and Crean was fired with a team ranked 44th. Additionally, Mike Davis resigned with an Indiana ranked 34th by Kenpom. The current team is ranked 98th. 

A TJD And  A JHS will hide a lot of issues. Just shows you how special TJD was here.

• Like 9

25 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

So do Edey and Smith, and so did Jabbar and Walton, and Worthy and Jordan, and Laettner and Hurley and Hill...

Yeah I never like the argument of “this really good player made the coach look good”. That’s true for every coach.

• Like 3