Stories That Make You Shake Your Head At The World

1 hour ago, Lostin76 said:

Horrible news. These families lives will never be the same. 

Quite honestly, the community will never be the same. This happened right by the minor league baseball park, a place that is supposed to  represent a safe haven for families.

On a personal level, my daughter who is in high school, has been texting me all day, asking me to come home early.

As it turned out, 20 minutes after they lifted the lockdown for the bank shooting, there was another shooting even closer to where I work that left one dead and another injured.  That shooter is still on the loose.  We went right back on lockdown.

6 dead, 9-10 injured on the day after Easter.  And, I still dont know if any former coworkers of mine are among the victims 

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Quite honestly, the community will never be the same. This happened right by the minor league baseball park, a place that is supposed to  represent a safe haven for families.

On a personal level, my daughter who is in high school, has been texting me all day, asking me to come home early.

As it turned out, 20 minutes after the lifted the lockdown for the bank shooting, there was another shooting even closer to where I work that left one dead and another injured.  That shooter is still on the loose.  We went right back on lockdown.

6 dead, 9-10 injured on the day after Easter.  And, I still dont know if any former coworkers of mine are among the victims 

Yeah it's real close to home.  My brother works at Humana along with a few friends and I'm sure you know people there too.  He said his team and a few others he has reached out to are safe but doesn't know yet if he will onow anyone personally or not.  Just sick.  Again, just kill yourself if you think things are that bad.  Stop with the killing everyone else crap.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

As it turned out, 20 minutes after they lifted the lockdown for the bank shooting, there was another shooting even closer to where I work that left one dead and another injured.  That shooter is still on the loose.  We went right back on lockdown.

Thinking of all of you guys and families down there today. Not much to say other than hopefully nobody you knew was directly impacted. I thought I heard disgruntled employee situation....is that right?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Gut wrenching for me to hear who the shooter was... Connor Sturgeon.

Whos dad, Todd, coached at U of I, Floyd Central, and is a Brownstown Central graduate. I'm sickened for Connor's parents, they are good people. 

Thanks for sharing. Just another horrible tragedy. Raised by good parents like you've said and they just snap??

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Prayers for your community and for your family. Go home and hug your daughter. Unfortunately, the Leave to Beaver childhood we grew up with will never be a reality for young people now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Jeez, glad you guys are okay and it’s very sad that your kids have to feel this so close to them. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just saw the names.  One of the people killed was a co-worker of mine many, many, years ago at the bank where I work.  Wasn't a friend of mine, or someone I had even seen in over 25 years, but finding out someone I knew had their life cut short in this manner hits  little to close to home.

• Like 1
  • Sad 7