'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

The state of D1 basketball in Indiana

Will finish with losing records

• IUPUI
  • Evansville
  • Indiana State
  • Valpo
  • Butler
  • Ball State

IU - Disappointing season

PU - Did not meet lofty preseason expectations

Fort Wayne - Good year but must win conference tournament to go dancing

Notre Dame - Solid year but benefitted from weak ACC

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Just saw an article that is questioning Chris Holtman's job security.  That is just nuts but that is what college sports had come to.

Not saying it's right at all but after 5 years on the gig, CH has no Sweet 16's, no Big 10 titles,etc....someone is definitely going to ask the question.

Shoot 5 years after starting the biggest rebuild in college basketball history Crean gave us a Big 10 title, 2 Sweet 16's....and our fans wanted him gone. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Just saw an article that is questioning Chris Holtman's job security.  That is just nuts but that is what college sports had come to.

I surmise it is just a case of the natives getting restless.  And they ought to be.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, IU Scott said:

They seem to run out of gas, haven't finished seasons very well under him. Plus their football expectations leak over to the hoops program.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IU Scott said:

In all fairness, they lost a starter after two games, in Sueing. They also played down the stretch without their glue guy in Young. 

I don't care for Holtman either, but think this is a little premature. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, BruceDouglas said:

They seem to run out of gas, haven't finished seasons very well under him. Plus their football expectations leak over to the hoops program.

You say run out of gas, I say they got exposed.  Neither really matters as they better get it figured out or they will get bounced early.  That being said they are a dangerous team if they get back to clicking.

3 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

In all fairness, they lost a starter after two games, in Sueing. They also played down the stretch without their glue guy in Young. 

I don't care for Holtman either, but think this is a little premature. 

Sueing would have gave them a little more cohesion.  And honestly I think Liddel shouldn't be their go to guy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rico said:

Sueing would have gave them a little more cohesion.  And honestly I think Liddel shouldn't be their go to guy.

Key has been injured the last few games as well. They also had another player out for the year but can't remember his name. He came last year as a transfer from Harvard.

13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Key has been injured the last few games as well. They also had another player out for the year but can't remember his name. He came last year as a transfer from Harvard.

Key is a "me first" player.  A black hole.  The ball goes in, it doesn't come out.

12 hours ago, BGleas said:

Chattanooga wins it on a 30ft 3pt shot at the buzzer with two guys draped on the shooter! 

Would have been a really tough loss for either team. Chat was regular season champs, but would have been relegated to NIT. Furman hasn't been to NCAAT since 1980. 

Teams kept trading huge shots down the stretch. 

4 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

And Jean-Baptiste, who hit the winning shot, started the game 0-8. Finished 5-17

I did not see any of the game. Been remodeling the laundry room every night after work. Just read it online this morning. Shooters got to keep shooting. THank GOD we play Michigan at 1130 while i'm "working"