2025 PF Trent Sisley

gnet550

4 hours ago, ledies22 said:

I agree with this to an extent, but I dont want to rebuild a roster of 6 guys from the portal every year. In state kids especially with the level of talent that Sisley has, are the type to build around and less likely to transfer generally speaking. In state/home connection, with PT, with $$$. No reason to go somewhere else. 

This year we have 3-4 starters from the portal. I think we hit homeruns, but I cant see that happening every year. Sisley and Sisley type players would bring a bit more stability. 

Yes you could say... what about CJ Gunn. And I would say... well Gallo came back to possibly come off the bench, and Leal came back for 5 minutes a game.

That why I think it’s important to land Goode over Anderson, because he’s an in-state guy. If we have a successful season next year as most expect, he can be a big help recruiting other in-state guys like Sisley. 

Just now, Hoosier4Life53 said:

That why I think it’s important to land Goode over Anderson, because he’s an in-state guy. If we have a successful season next year as most expect, he can be a big help recruiting other in-state guys like Sisley. 

I think the sisley train would have already left the station one way or another by then.

21 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

You make a good point and it is interesting to see the difference in philosophy of our programs going forward.  I personally love how CMP is still building it through the HS ranks and supplementing through the portal with a Lance Jones for example.  I think a guy like Kanon Catchings would’ve been more heavily pursued an Illinois/IU pre-portal days for example. I do wonder how much different the portal will look after the COVID year goes away. 

Purdue had an unique situation with Edey staying so long and being so dominant.  I think we'll know more about how Purdue decides to build their program in the next two off seasons.  Any philosophy works when you have a 25 pt and 12 rebs a game guy controlling the paint.   

Obviously there will be a drop off this year at Purdue.   How much and how that effects their approach is to be seen. 

16 minutes ago, JJack said:

Purdue had an unique situation with Edey staying so long and being so dominant.  I think we'll know more about how Purdue decides to build their program in the next two off seasons.  Any philosophy works when you have a 25 pt and 12 rebs a game guy controlling the paint.   

Obviously there will be a drop off this year at Purdue.   How much and how that effects their approach is to be seen. 

You saw the answer….

Worst loss in NCAA history and MP took the blame and went back to work with his guys.  
DGL decomitted so MP got the 300th best portal player to add PG depth 

MP won’t sell his soul…..

The way the Purdue guys come on here and suck the toes of MP while they prop him up on this untouchable pedestal, it has almost reached the limits of Chuck Norris-isms

The onion cries when MP cuts them.

MP can parallel park a train.

MP tears cure cancer. Too bad MP never cries.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

9 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

The way the Purdue guys come on here and suck the toes of MP while they prop him up on this untouchable pedestal, it has almost reached the limits of Chuck Norris-isms

"MP would never try and pretend he's leaving for another job to try and get more money out of us" 😆

• Haha 8

12 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

Lol Try Not To Laugh GIF Lol Try Not To Laugh Bill Hader, 60% OFF

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

You saw the answer….

Worst loss in NCAA history and MP took the blame and went back to work with his guys.  
DGL decomitted so MP got the 300th best portal player to add PG depth 

MP won’t sell his soul…..

My point was Edey.     "Selling his Soul"...   I don't understand anything about that comment.

1 hour ago, JJack said:

Staying so long? He was a true senior this year and didn’t redshirt or use the COVID year.  I think it’s clear that Painter will adapt to the type of roster he has. The team that almost made the F4 in 2019 was drastically different than the one this year. He recruits talented players and figures out the rest later.