2025 PF Trent Sisley

gnet550

27 minutes ago, Victobmyboy said:

Maybe but let’s be honest…Catchings is a legacy and wasn’t going anywhere else. Like I said you recruit who you might get and pu may win one eventually. I’m just saying he isn’t going to get 1-2 5*. 

Catchings isn’t a legacy maybe you’re thinking of Harris? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

They will land a lot less if Indiana ever gets serious about fielding a strong program again.

The days of 1 program, any program, “locking down the state” are gone forever, IMO. 

Most kids these days don’t grow up Purdue or IU fans unless they have parents who went to one of the schools. 

Hence kids going to MSU, Duke, UNC, Ohio State, Kentucky, etc etc. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Boiler Sam said:

The days of 1 program, any program, “locking down the state” are gone forever, IMO. 

Most kids these days don’t grow up Purdue or IU fans unless they have parents who went to one of the schools. 

Hence kids going to MSU, Duke, UNC, Ohio State, Kentucky, etc etc. 

That's with Indiana being crap. Let's see them become a strong program again and then see what happens.

4 hours ago, ledies22 said:

@kyhoosier29 In what way am I wrong? If a new coach comes in next year. We wouldn't run him out of town by year 6 if he didn't make it past the Sweet 16 in his first 5 years?

It’s more about being confused by people that just want to accept mediocrity. I’ve already said Woody deserves one more year, but I can also turnaround and ask myself why though? Every important metric involved in basketball has declined with us over the last three years, so why SHOULD we expect different next year? A zebra’s stripes do not change. I hope like hell if he’s here next year that he does. I’m not rooting for him to fail, just don’t think he’s willing to change. I’m at a loss for words if people think his system is just going to work all of a sudden. And his postgame press conferences! Good lord, why does he sound so clueless to the problems? I’m just concerned we’ll be throwing away another year next year. We have one commitment and are looking at losing 5+ kids minimal. Where are replacements coming from? I’m just frustrated and don’t blame anybody for being upset with this year, or for not believing in Woodson. God bless the optimists and the loyalists. I really hope they are right. *I didn’t realize what thread I was in, so I won’t respond anymore about this in this one.* 

Edited by kyhoosier29
  • Like 5

21 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

It’s more about being confused by people that just want to accept mediocrity. I’ve already said Woody deserves one more year, but I can also turnaround and ask myself why though? Every important metric involved in basketball has declined with us over the last three years, so why SHOULD we expect different next year? A zebra’s stripes do not change. I hope like hell if he’s here next year that he does. I’m not rooting for him to fail, just don’t think he’s willing to change. I’m at a loss for words if people think his system is just going to work all of a sudden. And his postgame press conferences! Good lord, why does he sound so clueless to the problems? I’m just concerned we’ll be throwing away another year next year. We have one commitment and are looking at losing 5+ kids minimal. Where are replacements coming from? I’m just frustrated and don’t blame anybody for being upset with this year, or for not believing in Woodson. God bless the optimists and the loyalists. I really hope they are right. *I didn’t realize what thread I was in, so I won’t respond anymore about this in this one.* 

honestly, right now I’d take that in a heartbeat, but that first taste of blood, I’d imagine I’d be in that boat.  

14 hours ago, Victobmyboy said:

You say lean that way? I’d say it’s been more forced that way. You think MM, Langford, Ware, MR…etc would ever end up at PU? 

I would hope not.

MM & Ware were straight transactions 

MR was 🐊 until coach left and JHS talked him into IU 

Basically the coaches check 5 star list and top 20 portal players…and take trips to Florida.  Do they ever just scout players or teams ?  

the more I think about it MM & MR weren’t recruited by coaches 

6 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

I would hope not.

MM & Ware were straight transactions 

MR was 🐊 until coach left and JHS talked him into IU 

Basically the coaches check 5 star list and top 20 portal players…and take trips to Florida.  Do they ever just scout players or teams ?  

the more I think about it MM & MR weren’t recruited by coaches 

Ok..Cody, yogi? Should I name more? 

12 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I'm kidding lol 

I was going to chime in that I've watched him 3 times this year.  High School ball is tough to judge a kid. When I saw him, I kind of felt sorry for him. It's not basketball from a lot of these teams he faces. Some can be flat out dirty and rough. Barnyard ball. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, JW75 said:

I was going to chime in that I've watched him 3 times this year.  High School ball is tough to judge a kid. When I saw him, I kind of felt sorry for him. It's not basketball from a lot of these teams he faces. Some can be flat out dirty and rough. Barnyard ball. 

Zeller endured a lot of that, as well. Jack Benter the same. 

Edited by btownqb

7 minutes ago, Victobmyboy said:

I’m saying you couldn’t get guys like that. 

Probably right 

He can now but chooses to do his own scouting which includes making sure they fit the culture 

MP got tired of finishing 2nd in recruiting 

Also got tired of the bag man and the last second reversal 

5 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

Probably right 

He can now but chooses to do his own scouting which includes making sure they fit the culture 

MP got tired of finishing 2nd in recruiting 

Also got tired of the bag man and the last second reversal 

This is where we disagree. Bagmen are legal. 

35 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Zeller endured a lot of that, as well. Jack Benter the same. 

Agree on Zeller and I’m sure same with Benter. It always cracks me up after walking out after a game you hear people talking about how overrated such and such is and wasn’t very good after they literally just took a beating from 3 guys all night long that have zero basketball skills. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Purdue7 said:

They are now 

I guess you have to judge for yourself 

Paying players to visit or sign seems like a bad precedent 

Painter isn’t going to recruit those guys because in general if you first question and focus is on how much money they can earn then they aren’t his type of player and won’t fit the team first culture. He wants die hard ballers…guys that want to win above all else.  If that means he isn’t landing 5* kids so be it…I’m sure there are some out there that would be open to Purdue.  He has a great system in place and a great culture…no reason to change that for one guy (see some of the issues with Ivey…who I think the team got better without him even though he was a star).

Painter will take the talented 3 & 4 stars and go beat everyone else. Easier to develop and coach kids without egos and focus on getting everyone committed to rowing in the same direction. No doubt IU has its share of such kids…but also quite a few that are there for more selfish reasons…and it’s about them and not the team. Maybe Purdue won’t win a championship…but they are going to continue to win more games than IU and have more tounament success going forward if we don’t change things. 

Nobody cares about championship banners from almost 40 years ago. They are irrelevant…for us to tout them like it makes us better than another school is just stupid in my eyes. Are we winning anything right now?? Nope. These recruits haven’t even seen IU in a final four…so to them Purdue is probably seen as the more successful program. A championship banner that’s older than some of their parents doesn’t mean much.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

Nobody cares about championship banners from almost 40 years ago. They are irrelevant…for us to tout them like it makes us better than another school is just stupid in my eyes. Are we winning anything right now?? Nope. These recruits haven’t even seen IU in a final four…so to them Purdue is probably seen as the more successful program. A championship banner that’s older than some of their parents doesn’t mean much.

Did you copy and paste that from Hammer and Rails? 😁

Yes, our history still matters...

• Like 4
  • Haha 1