2025 PF Trent Sisley

gnet550

3 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

One of them you know how they fit in your program the other you have no idea. One is a gamble while the other is more of a sure thing. Lance Jones didn’t ask for anything NIL-wise and just wanted the chance to show how capable he was on a bigger stage. 

You’re telling me Edey getting a big NIL payday to stay versus Ware getting one to come to IU are the same? 

Yes they are the same

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Maedhros said:

I don't have any insider information, but if he wants to stay local there's Hoosier Land Pizza & Wings right down the road from the high school, offering 8, 16, or 25 wings with a over 20 different sauces. That's where I'd go!

Plus you can blow bubbles with their mozzarella!!  🫧

5 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

He will go to Purdue because he is smart. Why play for a disaster of a program like ours. 

If he really wants IU and most of us think he does 

Wait until this time next year 

Writing will be on the wall 

Izzo might retire?

Woody?

Not many schools won’t save a scholarship  

1 hour ago, Purdue7 said:

Izzo might retire?

Woody?

It’s getting more common for programs to have 1 open for spring decommits. 

On 2/19/2024 at 1:10 PM, Purdue7 said:

Izzo might retire?

Woody?

That doesn’t leave any time to develop a relationship with a new staff if that happens…we have a one man class this offseason and if Woody was to be dismissed after 24…the 25 class will be a disaster as a new coach won’t have time to re-recruit all these guys. The future is rather dim if Woody doesn’t figure it out.

If I was being recruited by Indiana I wouldn't give them the time of day. Indiana is shithole program and bottom feeder with moronic coaches. It is so sad how far this program has fallen and the blame lies entirely with the university. Total incompetence from top to bottom. Indiana basketball sucks because of blooming fricking idiots. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, dgambill said:

That doesn’t leave any time to develop a relationship with a new staff if that happens…we have a one man class this offseason and if Woody was to be dismissed after 24…the 25 class will be a disaster as a new coach won’t have time to re-recruit all these guys. The future is rather dim if Woody doesn’t figure it out.

You can fall in love quickly ❤️

The question is can CMW do anything to convince him to commit?  Getting 4-5 portal guys and showing a diverse offense?

4 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

You can fall in love quickly ❤️

The question is can CMW do anything to convince him to commit?  Getting 4-5 portal guys and showing a diverse offense?

Supposedly what he likes about Purdue is the exact opposite of playing with a rotating cast of random portal guys. 

But he also supposedly preferred IU, all else being equal. 

so who knows…he’ll probably sign with the little scumbag up north…

7 hours ago, Boiler Sam said:

Supposedly what he likes about Purdue is the exact opposite of playing with a rotating cast of random portal guys. 

The family atmosphere at Purdue is real 

With one open scholarship it will be interesting to see what happens 

8 hours ago, Boiler Sam said:

All else isn’t equal…nothing about Purdue and Indiana is equal…I mean that both ways….campus, NIL, but also on the court we are as opposite as possible. Successful and stability vs dumpster fire.

Maybe we can sell him on returning us to former glory 😂 

Edited by dgambill

19 hours ago, Boiler Sam said:

Thats a lot of information from a kid that says nothing.

• Like 1

On 2/20/2024 at 7:56 PM, dgambill said:

I don't see switching coaches as being a major issue in today's NIL and portal environment.

Plus, if we get a coach that is already coaching in college elsewhere, then he would already be developing relationships with recruits.   And we would only have 1 recruit to convince to stay.

Anyone that thinks Woodson has a low ceiling (which is growing) will prefer just to cut our losses and try to find the right coach.

Purdue is clearly not this kid's "everything" ... if so, there is absolutely no reason this recruitment is still going on in the spring of his JR year. 

He could for sure end up there, heck they might even "lead" for Sisley... you'll never convince me if Indiana didn't have it's Ts crossed, he wouldn't already be committed to play in Bloomington. 

Purdue has been ranked #1 every year Trent has been in HS--- hasn't moved the needle. 

8 hours ago, iuswingman said:

I don't see switching coaches as being a major issue in today's NIL and portal environment.

Plus, if we get a coach that is already coaching in college elsewhere, then he would already be developing relationships with recruits.   And we would only have 1 recruit to convince to stay.

Anyone that thinks Woodson has a low ceiling (which is growing) will prefer just to cut our losses and try to find the right coach.

If you fire Woody, there’s probably only one coach you could hire that could get him to IU…

image.jpeg.4cfba802f3a7cfa31a66b17562c5ccc7.jpeg

24 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

If you fire Woody, there’s probably only one coach you could hire that could get him to IU…

image.jpeg.4cfba802f3a7cfa31a66b17562c5ccc7.jpeg

You seriously think that? Kid comes from an Indiana family. I guarantee others could be appealing as well. If it was all about Shrewsberry he would have committed to Notre Dame by now.

1 hour ago, kyhoosier29 said:

You seriously think that? Kid comes from an Indiana family. I guarantee others could be appealing as well. If it was all about Shrewsberry he would have committed to Notre Dame by now.

He’s built relationships with Shrews, Woody, Paint, and Izzo. IU gets rid of Woody and his staff and bring in a guy that he doesn’t know, he’s not going to IU, especially if he’s committing this summer. Not enough time between April and July to catch up with the relationships the other 3 staffs have.