2025 PF Trent Sisley

gnet550

17 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

MM was theoretically a five star recruit.  I think we can all agree that’s an over ranking.  We can debate whether he’s a high 3 star or a low 4 star.  He is also not exactly a poster child for high school coaching in NJ.   He has not been exposed to the quality of coaching he’d get throughout Indiana.  Big difference. 

Why do I bring that up here?  Because Sisley is the guy we’d need, not MM.  If he goes to Purdue and we are stuck with MM, nothing highlights more how much we have lost our way.  

MM is not a winning player (at least now).  He’s the type of guy who would be at Michigan or someplace like that and we would kick his ass with the Sisley type of guys who know how to make winning plays.  Now it’s upside down.  Hopefully MM gets better but let’s be honest with ourselves.  

MM would probably fit better as a 4 but since we want to play Ware and Reneau, we are playing him out of position.

34 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I'll be embarrassed as f*** if we lose TKR/Sisley to Purdue. MSU, Duke, UNC, KU takes a recruit from us... ok. Should never lose a recruit to Purdue, especially not Southern Indiana kids. 

If I'm Sisley though, Painter is playing me at the 3, zero chance I'd want to play the 4 at Purdue and be their centers little b**** like TKR, Gillis, and Furst is for them now. 

When MP has Vince or Robbie the 4 is featured….which means they shoot more 

Eifert, TKR, Furst or Mason fit in and star in their role 

Please keep me updated on who is a little “B” at Purdue & IU 

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

This is my thought as well. How does Sisley look at Purdue's current system, albeit a successful one, and see how his skills will be utilized to their fullest? IU is a mess, but even playing MM's role, he can thrive as long as he can hit shots. Furst and TKR should be cautionary tales, not selling points. The Robbie Hummel role of 15 years ago no longer exists in Purdue's offense. 

Because Painter can give examples of how he’s utilized successful players like him? Furst and TKR just happened to coincide with one of the best big men to ever play the game (and one that was ranked in the 400’s so no one could’ve predicted how good he’d be). They’ll both have a much bigger role next year. 

Edited by Stlboiler23
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

When MP has Vince or Robbie the 4 is featured….which means they shoot more 

Eifert, TKR, Furst or Mason fit in and star in their role 

Please keep me updated on who is a little “B” at Purdue & IU 

I named them. 

47 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I'll be embarrassed as f*** if we lose TKR/Sisley to Purdue. MSU, Duke, UNC, KU takes a recruit from us... ok. Should never lose a recruit to Purdue, especially not Southern Indiana kids. 

If I'm Sisley though, Painter is playing me at the 3, zero chance I'd want to play the 4 at Purdue and be their centers little b**** like TKR, Gillis, and Furst is for them now. 

Quotes like these always make me laugh. Why should you “never lose a recruit to Purdue?” We’ve been the better program for a good period of time and I think most unbiased fans would agree. TKR, Gillis, and Furst don’t seem to mind playing with Edey. Why such sour grapes?

13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

What position does Catchings play or is he considered a one and done player

He’s so skinny but offensively skilled 

MP keeps talking about his SG skills 😳

If he beats out Colvin & Heide I’ll be shocked & happy 

If he’s another Ivey I’d rather he skip Purdue and go elsewhere 

38 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

but even then, he is sitting behind Loyer, Colvin and Heide in the 2-3 for how long, not including Harris coming in next year.

It's up to him if he wants to eek out minutes for a very good regular season team, or play.

But this is 2 years away. a lot can happen. Hell, we dont even know who our coach is going to be then.

If I am a HS recruit, I am waiting until the last signing period to commit. 

I’m guessing he’s more of a 3/4 and would be behind guys like Heide and Catchings (though Catchings will likely leave early for the league). But he likely wouldn’t get a ton of PT his freshman year. 

32 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

MM was theoretically a five star recruit.  I think we can all agree that’s an over ranking.  We can debate whether he’s a high 3 star or a low 4 star.  He is also not exactly a poster child for high school coaching in NJ.   He has not been exposed to the quality of coaching he’d get throughout Indiana.  Big difference. 

Why do I bring that up here?  Because Sisley is the guy we’d need, not MM.  If he goes to Purdue and we are stuck with MM, nothing highlights more how much we have lost our way.  

MM is not a winning player (at least now).  He’s the type of guy who would be at Michigan or someplace like that and we would kick his ass with the Sisley type of guys who know how to make winning plays.  Now it’s upside down.  Hopefully MM gets better but let’s be honest with ourselves.  

Khristian Lander 2.0??

8 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Quotes like these always make me laugh. Why should you “never lose a recruit to Purdue?” We’ve been the better program for a good period of time and I think most unbiased fans would agree. TKR, Gillis, and Furst don’t seem to mind playing with Edey. Why such sour grapes?

If Indiana hired a coach even close to Painters level, they'll clean up with in-state recruiting. Purdue has benefited from Indiana being down. It's not a coincidence. Painter would really struggle if he stopped landing these Indiana kids.

Edited by Fkfootball
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Khristian Lander 2.0??

MM is lost on defense 

It seems obvious that he was promised playing time at the 3 no matter what 

He skipped Duke when Filipkowski came back

PS once again CMW has him guard Morton closely while Smith does layup drills 

KL = Ronnie Johnson? ? ?

Run like a deer 

Shoot like a deer 

Just now, BobSaccamanno said:

I think he just means being over ranked. 

I get it. the over ranked part, but the failure part is not a comparison. KL couldn't even get on the court on a bad team. I was thinking maybe Romeo Langford ish. But Romeo had the ball in his hands more thus better stats. 

I mean MM is still producing. KL never did.

• Like 2

Just now, ledies22 said:

I get it. the over ranked part, but the failure part is not a comparison. KL couldn't even get on the court on a bad team. I was thinking maybe Romeo Langford ish. But Romeo had the ball in his hands more thus better stats. 

I mean MM is still producing. KL never did.

💯. Can’t disagree there.  And MM has ability and can get better.  He just needs to do things differently IMO.  Maybe he will.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Why? Because it's Purdue and I can't imagine how bad it is what we're selling if it doesn't trump what Purdue is selling, thus being embarressing.  

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

MM is lost on defense 

It seems obvious that he was promised playing time at the 3 no matter what 

He skipped Duke when Filipkowski came back

PS once again CMW has him guard Morton closely while Smith does layup drills 

KL = Ronnie Johnson? ? ?

Run like a deer 

Shoot like a deer 

Promised? He’s literally the only 3 we have. He’s really not a natural wing. He’s more of a 4 and he’s still being considered as B1G freshman of the year playing out of position. He literally had zero competition for his spot. 

1 hour ago, Fkfootball said:

If Indiana hired a coach even close to Painters level, they'll clean up with in-state recruiting. Purdue has benefited from Indiana being down. It's not a coincidence. Painter would really struggle if he stopped landing these Indiana kids.

I think that’s just wishful thinking on your point and not based in reality. Would it hurt some? I’m sure it would but Painter has developed great relationships across the state which wouldn’t change even if you brought in a good coach. There are only so many scholarships to go around and the state typically produces a number of P5 players. Look at how many good players he’s landed from outside the state. His recruiting footprint goes well beyond Indiana. His 6-man 2024 class only has 2 guys from the state. 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Why? Because it's Purdue and I can't imagine how bad it is that we're selling if it doesn't trump what Purdue is selling, thus is being embarressing.  

Purdue has a ton to sell right now and has for years. Solid program, solid coach, solid NIL, solid resources, etc… Not sure how that’s hard to admit. 

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Purdue has a ton to sell right now and has for years. Solid program, solid coach, solid NIL, solid resources, etc… Not sure how that’s hard to admit. 

Yeah. Solid, I agree. Other than living in WL for college, yeah it's solid, I agree. 

The fact what we are selling isn't better than solid/Purdue... is embarrassing. 

• Like 1