2025 PF Trent Sisley

gnet550

15 hours ago, Boiler Sam said:

If we keep losing southern and central Indiana kids to Purdue I’m not sure I’ll be able to handle watching us lose to them anymore. I know these things go in cycles sometimes but Purdue seems to have a coach and system that works well for local kids…depressing.

• Sad 1

52 minutes ago, dgambill said:

If we keep losing southern and central Indiana kids to Purdue I’m not sure I’ll be able to handle watching us lose to them anymore. I know these things go in cycles sometimes but Purdue seems to have a coach and system that works well for local kids…depressing.

System with movement, constant top 10 rankings, constant top of the Big 10 and development programs?  Who would not want that?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 94hoosier said:

Anyone who wanting to play at the next level

Who would want to play at a program with 40+ years of coaching consistency.

Playing & graduating with your 4-5 year teammates 

Knowing when you go back with your kids you are part of that family with the next couch PJ?  Grady?  Sasha? 

Maybe Sisley is waiting to feel that love & family atmosphere from CMW ?

I still think he is IU’s to lose….but it’s starting to feel like TKR 2.0

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

Knowing when you go back with your kids you are part of that family with the next couch PJ?  Grady?  Sasha? 

This has always been my issue with Woody. He jumps in late but to me he should be co-lead on every recruit PERIOD. Look at Marcus Freeman from Notre Dame. He is the Co-lead on every single player.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

F--- Purdue.

• Like 7

He and McNeely play the same position, correct? We offered him 2 years before McNeely committed. Is McNeely a sure fire 1 and done?

Who knows all that is going on here on either side but sure, let's find any excuse to throw $#@& on Woodson based on tea leave interpretation of an interview.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, HoosierDPU95 said:

He and McNeely play the same position, correct? We offered him 2 years before McNeely committed. Is McNeely a sure fire 1 and done?

Who knows all that is going on here on either side but sure, let's find any excuse to throw $#@& on Woodson based on tea leave interpretation of an interview.

I think McNeeley wants to be a 1 and done. Also, assuming nothing drastic is happening with the lineup, Woodson needs McNeeley to be a 1 and done assuming the correlation between McNeeleys success and IU's

Regardless, I think they can play on the court at the same time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ledies22 said:

I think McNeeley wants to be a 1 and done. Also, assuming nothing drastic is happening with the lineup, Woodson needs McNeeley to be a 1 and done assuming the correlation between McNeeleys success and IU's

Exactly, McNeely very openly has said he wants to be a one and done.  So, according to script, the plan is he wouldn’t even be on the roster with Sisley.   McNeely also plays a lot of 2 guard in high school.   They roll out Queen, Flagg, Newell and McNeely together.  All four over 6’8.  A bit positionless but McNeely looked like the shooting guard.  

2 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Exactly, McNeely very openly has said he wants to be a one and done.  So, according to script, the plan is he wouldn’t even be on the roster with Sisley.   McNeely also plays a lot of 2 guard in high school.   They roll out Queen, Flagg, Newell and McNeely together.  All four over 6’8.  A bit positionless but McNeely looked like the shooting guard.  

Mcneely at the 2 on defense makes me nervous in college. Good guards and coaches would get the switch and put us in a bad spot. If he’s forced to play at the 2 I think it means Woodson didn’t do well recruiting guards again and McNeely wasn’t a one year player. Would not be good. Imho

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Apparently Sisley believes he is a guard 

I don’t think that’s accurate. He does want to expand his game to have some ability to play as a 3 in AAU this summer but he’s a P5 4 and I’m pretty sure everyone knows that. 

• Like 3

On 1/26/2024 at 8:18 AM, ledies22 said:

McNeeley might want to be a 1 and done but it’s not very likely. He also is a P5 3. He doesn’t have the quickness to guard the 2 consistently at the P5 level. 

Edited by DC2345
  • Like 2

On 1/27/2024 at 8:59 AM, DC2345 said:

I don’t think that’s accurate. He does want to expand his game to have some ability to play as a 3 in AAU this summer but he’s a P5 4 and I’m pretty sure everyone knows that. 

Is there a difference between 2-4 these days?   Who you can defend then sure, but offensively there's little difference. 

I don't think there's a difference between a 2-3. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JJack said:

Is there a difference between 2-4 these days?   Who you can defend then sure, but offensively there's little difference. 

This notion really needs to stop.  Yes there is a large difference.   Currently our 3 guys, Mbako, Gunn, and Banks all can't dribble the ball.  Our 4s Reneau and Walker, well we certainly don't want them trying to bring the ball up the court either.  And only 2 of the 5 can shoot.

So in summary, only 2 teams in the last decade have actually successfully deployed this mythological offense called positionless.  Golden st with 3 of the greatest shooters in history Curry, Durant, and Thompson and one of the Villinova teams that had shooters literally everywhere.  

6 hours ago, JJack said:

Depends. You have to defend those spots too not just “play” them. This is the reasons teams try to get you to switch. Take advantage of a slow 3 against a fast 2. So yes I don’t want a 2 guarding a 4 if I can help it. Liam has size but isn’t overly quick. He can probably switch on some 2-4. Mbako isn’t slower than Liam by much but struggles guarding 2 guards. He’s a natural 4 etc…

3 minutes ago, Victobmyboy said:

Depends. You have to defend those spots too not just “play” them. This is the reasons teams try to get you to switch. Take advantage of a slow 3 against a fast 2. So yes I don’t want a 2 guarding a 4 if I can help it. Liam has size but isn’t overly quick. He can probably switch on some 2-4. Mbako isn’t slower than Liam by much but struggles guarding 2 guards. He’s a natural 4 etc…

Yep.  I didn't even mention defense.  But you nailed it.  

On 1/26/2024 at 5:36 PM, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Apparently Sisley believes he is a guard 

Does he have exceptional ball handling skills?  Not asking can he dribble…but can he do those crazy “I got the ball on a string” kind of things with great control?  If he can, then he can be a guard, I guess.

31 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

I don’t know them personally, but I’m pretty sure he grew up as an IU fan. Which I think has been mentioned before

His family is full of IU fans. That said they want to find the best fit for him as a player. 

• Like 3