2025 PF Trent Sisley

gnet550

• 3 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Here goes this tired old argument 🙄

I’m not upset about it…it was just a question to those more in the know about the local scene. I live in Florida and have no clue what people think about the state kids. Has the well of talent run dry and we just have no one worth recruiting or do people think we are going to regret backing off some of the local kids? Who do we think would be the guy that Woody would go after? Honest question?

1 hour ago, Victobmyboy said:

Might be because the last few classes haven’t been great. 24 and 25 have some good ones though. 

That is my question. So it’s more a talent issue in the state more so than we are just prioritizing outside recruits where our assistant coaches have ties.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

Flory Bidunga and Kanon Catchings were the only '24 recruits from Indiana ranked commensurate with the rest of our targets in the class. We had the former in for multiple visits, and if rumors were true came very close to flipping the latter.

In '25, we're all in on Jalen Haralson and seemingly in good shape with Trent Sisley. 

I don't think our lack of in state recruits is a Woodson problem. It's a problem with the quality of the classes. This staff is clearly aiming high, and when there's a target of that caliber, Woodson and staff have been on it.

Edited by Maedhros
  • Like 6

12 hours ago, dgambill said:

Since Gunn was an Archie recruit I’m wondering who will be the first Indiana kid Woody lands…they’ve definitely prioritized recruiting a more national footprint.

while it is nice to keep talent from your back yard, the national footprint offers more upside.  Yes I'd like to see a kid from Indiana on the team every year.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DC2345 said:

I don’t believe that’s the case. ND is a real threat though. 

I have a guy I know who has a lot of contacts at ND he thinks they are in good shape with Sisley and Haralson. Shrews is going to big a big big big thorn in our side. Only thing that could help going forward is if a kid can’t get into ND academically. With that being said if we get Liam and make him a one and done first round pick that pipeline for Montverde will be insanely fruitful. 

• Like 1

Not saying that ND and Shrew won’t be a player in this recruitment, but CMW showed how he trusted even a limited Race to have a wider opportunity to show his skills. I can’t help but think that Ware and MM will even further the possibilities of the position Trent would play in our offense. Two years of seeing that will have to have an impact. At least this far, Shrew’s teams have been guard centric. I don’t recall him having a big who would step out. They were more banger types.

CMW will be able to sell his ability to coach up bigs to a level that Shrew has yet to reach 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I have a guy I know who has a lot of contacts at ND he thinks they are in good shape with Sisley and Haralson. Shrews is going to big a big big big thorn in our side. Only thing that could help going forward is if a kid can’t get into ND academically. With that being said if we get Liam and make him a one and done first round pick that pipeline for Montverde will be insanely fruitful. 

Being a top 2 school is being in good shape. 

• Like 1

Meh.  I don't know why everyone thinks ND is all of a sudden such a killer program.  How many times have we seen a successful coach change programs and take a significant step backwards? {cough}{cough} Archie Miller {cough}

I think it's fair to see if Shrewsberry can duplicate his success at a new school before we concede all the top Indiana players to Notre Dame.

10 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Meh.  I don't know why everyone thinks ND is all of a sudden such a killer program.  How many times have we seen a successful coach change programs and take a significant step backwards? {cough}{cough} Archie Miller {cough}

I think it's fair to see if Shrewsberry can duplicate his success at a new school before we concede all the top Indiana players to Notre Dame.

And when it comes to his success, it was Penn State level success.  Not like his teams were setting the world on fire.  He did good....for Penn State.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

And when it comes to his success, it was Penn State level success.  Not like his teams were setting the world on fire.  He did good....for Penn State.

Shrewsbury will take over a blue blood within 5 years imo.  He can relate, recruit, and coach.  He's fairly charismatic for a Purdueish guy.  

If he keeps notre Dame in the top 25 and recruits the state well, I wouldn't be against him being a candidate when the man retires.  However, he has to do it with the big boys consistently.   Will notre Dame pony up in the NIL game for him to compete with top 50 talent?

10 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I think part of it has to do with his relationships he has built within the state of Indiana as an assistant within the state for so many years. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

Shrewsbury will take over a blue blood within 5 years imo.  He can relate, recruit, and coach.  He's fairly charismatic for a Purdueish guy.  

If he keeps notre Dame in the top 25 and recruits the state well, I wouldn't be against him being a candidate when the man retires.  However, he has to do it with the big boys consistently.   Will notre Dame pony up in the NIL game for him to compete with top 50 talent?

I'm pulling for Dusty May when Woodson retires.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dusty_May

• Like 1