2025 PF Trent Sisley

gnet550

2 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Shrewsbury will take over a blue blood within 5 years imo.  He can relate, recruit, and coach.  He's fairly charismatic for a Purdueish guy.  

If he keeps notre Dame in the top 25 and recruits the state well, I wouldn't be against him being a candidate when the man retires.  However, he has to do it with the big boys consistently.   Will notre Dame pony up in the NIL game for him to compete with top 50 talent?

He was an IU fan and idolized Bob Knight when he was growing up :) 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BADGERVOL said:

Maybe the single most overrated FB team in America OR a basketball blue blood on the return to glory.

there…fixed it 💪🏻😎

Now the ACC isn't a great football conference, but that most overrated team in America has won 28 in a row vs. ACC teams during the regular season. 

44 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

They are independent in football aren’t they? They don’t play a ton of ACC teams right? 

I don't know.  Don't really pay attention, but I'm guessing 5 a year.  None the less  they've beaten 28 power 5 teams in the ACC in a row.  Just saying that's strong evidence against them being the most overrated team in America. 

21 minutes ago, JJack said:

I don't know.  Don't really pay attention, but I'm guessing 5 a year.  None the less  they've beaten 28 power 5 teams in the ACC in a row.  Just saying that's strong evidence against them being the most overrated team in America. 

The ACC is a JV conference though, and during that span they've only played Clemson once.... and once Clemson got full strength that season, ND didnt even belong on the field with them in the conference championship. 

15 minutes ago, btownqb said:

The ACC is a JV conference though, and during that span they've only played Clemson once.... and once Clemson got full strength that season, ND didnt even belong on the field with them in the conference championship. 

Okay... you win.  They're the most overrated team in America.  What was I thinking. 

15 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Didn’t ND beat Clemson in a rematch in 2022

Just now, JJack said:

Yes.  They beat them twice in the recent span of 28 wins, but let's not let facts get in the way. Opinions are a much better way to argue. 

https://www.si.com/college/notredame/football/notre-dame-football-shaky-playoff-resume-brian-kelly-big-game-problem

🤣

Yep. "Opinions" are why ND is overrated. 

They're 2-22 against Top 5 teams since 1999 and most of those games have been trashings. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

https://www.si.com/college/notredame/football/notre-dame-football-shaky-playoff-resume-brian-kelly-big-game-problem

🤣

Yep. "Opinions" are why ND is overrated. 

They're 2-22 against Top 5 teams since 1999 and most of those games have been trashings. 

So we're going to take this back 24 years to find data that supports your opinion.  Well if we go back 3 years they are 3-5 vs. top 25.  If we go back 35 years they are....   We go back 45 years they are ....   If we go back 100 years they are.... 

I bet if we look at Michigan's, Miami's, FSU we could play this game too.   You don't like ND I get it.  They are a love them or hate them kind of program.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, JJack said:

So we're going to take this back 24 years to find data that supports your opinion.  Well if we go back 3 years they are 3-5 vs. top 25.  If we go back 35 years they are....   We go back 45 years they are ....   If we go back 100 years they are.... 

I bet if we look at Michigan's, Miami's, FSU we could play this game too.   You don't like ND I get it.  They are a love them or hate them kind of program.  

All those teams you named, sans Michigan are overrated to, though. Terrible examples. 

3-5 vs T25 over 3 years is awful, tbh. Both in the # of games played and their record. 

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

All those teams you named, sans Michigan are overrated to, though. Terrible examples. 

3-5 vs T25 over 3 years is awful, tbh. Both in the # of games played and their record. 

I'm 74 years old.  In my lifespan's sample of watching college football and based on the record books of college football Notre Dame is one of the top college football programs of all time.   I personally like IU football, but I don't think ND is  the most overrated program ever.  That's all my original point was. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, JJack said:

Yes.  They beat them twice in the recent span of 28 wins, but let's not let facts get in the way. Opinions are a much better way to argue. 

We get it. You love ND football. While we're throwing out facts, you know the one year Clemson was good that ND beat them Clemson was without their starting QB. Another fact us that Clemson hasn't been the same the last couple of years. Another fact is that Clemson isn't the measure of how good a team is. Another fact is that ND has the nation's longest bowl losing streak. Another fact is that despite getting placed in the CFB playoff repeatedly they never won a game. Since you love facts, take a look at ND's record in BCS games. 

Whew . . . Sorry. That was too much. I just really can't stand ND . . . especially on an IU basketball forum. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The wife just showed me pics on social media, where Tom Izzo was in to see Trent and family recently. I don't have inside info, but I do have a nephew who has coached both cross-country and track at Heritage Hills for many years. They now say they aren't too sure about IU being one of the top schools. Have things cooled with the coaching staff??