2025 PF Trent Sisley

gnet550

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Who knows? I’m getting similar vibes to the TKR recruitment here. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if he picks Purdue. 

As of right now I think Sisley goes to Purdue while Mullens and Moreno go to IU. That said there's still time for things to play out. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

As of right now I think Sisley goes to Purdue while Mullens and Moreno go to IU. That said there's still time for things to play out. 

I could see that. Painter isn’t one to pressure a guy to commit but with only one scholarship for ‘25, Sisley may feel like he doesn’t want to miss his chance to commit. Will be interesting to see. 

19 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I could see that. Painter isn’t one to pressure a guy to commit but with only one scholarship for ‘25, Sisley may feel like he doesn’t want to miss his chance to commit. Will be interesting to see. 

Sisely to Purdue would be the likely destination after team we have put on the floor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'll be embarrassed as f*** if we lose TKR/Sisley to Purdue. MSU, Duke, UNC, KU takes a recruit from us... ok. Should never lose a recruit to Purdue, especially not Southern Indiana kids. 

If I'm Sisley though, Painter is playing me at the 3, zero chance I'd want to play the 4 at Purdue and be their centers little b**** like TKR, Gillis, and Furst is for them now. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

I'll be embarrassed as f*** if we lose TKR/Sisley to Purdue. MSU, Duke, UNC, KU takes a recruit from us... ok. Should never lose a recruit to Purdue, especially not Southern Indiana kids. 

If I'm Sisley though, Painter is playing me at the 3, zero chance I'd want to play the 4 at Purdue and be their centers little b**** like TKR, Gillis, and Furst is for them now. 

This is my thought as well. How does Sisley look at Purdue's current system, albeit a successful one, and see how his skills will be utilized to their fullest? IU is a mess, but even playing MM's role, he can thrive as long as he can hit shots. Furst and TKR should be cautionary tales, not selling points. The Robbie Hummel role of 15 years ago no longer exists in Purdue's offense. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

but even then, he is sitting behind Loyer, Colvin and Heide in the 2-3 for how long, not including Harris coming in next year.

It's up to him if he wants to eek out minutes for a very good regular season team, or play.

But this is 2 years away. a lot can happen. Hell, we dont even know who our coach is going to be then.

If I am a HS recruit, I am waiting until the last signing period to commit. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

but even then, he is sitting behind Loyer, Colvin and Heide in the 2-3 for how long, not including Harris coming in next year.

It's up to him if he wants to eek out minutes for a very good regular season team, or play.

But this is 2 years away. a lot can happen. Hell, we dont even know who our coach is going to be then.

Exactly.  No top recruit is gonna panic over Purdue's scholarship situation. 

MM was theoretically a five star recruit.  I think we can all agree that’s an over ranking.  We can debate whether he’s a high 3 star or a low 4 star.  He is also not exactly a poster child for high school coaching in NJ.   He has not been exposed to the quality of coaching he’d get throughout Indiana.  Big difference. 

Why do I bring that up here?  Because Sisley is the guy we’d need, not MM.  If he goes to Purdue and we are stuck with MM, nothing highlights more how much we have lost our way.  

MM is not a winning player (at least now).  He’s the type of guy who would be at Michigan or someplace like that and we would kick his ass with the Sisley type of guys who know how to make winning plays.  Now it’s upside down.  Hopefully MM gets better but let’s be honest with ourselves.  

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

Loyer and he will just coexist for one year. Jack Benter is the one that would take mins from Sisley, imo. But yes, you've made a good point. 

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Loyer and he will just coexist for one year. Jack Benter is the one that would take mins from Sisley, imo. But yes, you've made a good point. 

lol the answer is one year and two years. I had the info in my post, but didnt do the math myself. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

No one knows. advantage current guys.. they have two years in a program that is very systemized. 

Well, there has to be a visible path for him to get on the court. I don't think he is going there out of blind faith. 

Of course.. it certainly seems like blind faith is what TKR chose to do.