2025 PF Trent Sisley

gnet550

1 hour ago, kyhoosier29 said:

You seriously think that? Kid comes from an Indiana family. I guarantee others could be appealing as well. If it was all about Shrewsberry he would have committed to Notre Dame by now.

If he doesn’t choose ND and Shrews, they’ll be a close 2nd.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, btownqb said:

Purdue is clearly not this kid's "everything" ... if so, there is absolutely no reason this recruitment is still going on in the spring of his JR year. 

He could for sure end up there, heck they might even "lead" for Sisley... you'll never convince me if Indiana didn't have it's Ts crossed, he wouldn't already be committed to play in Bloomington. 

Purdue has been ranked #1 every year Trent has been in HS--- hasn't moved the needle. 

I agree that Purdue isn’t his “everything” but I don’t know if I’d agree about the not moving the needle component. Purdue is viewed much more favorably with him now than they were a year ago and I think plenty of factors weigh into that including our ranking, roster construction/building through HS not the portal, and relationships with the coaching staff. If you look at everything he’s said he wants in a program, Purdue fits it to a T. 

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I agree that Purdue isn’t his “everything” but I don’t know if I’d agree about the not moving the needle component. Purdue is viewed much more favorably with him now than they were a year ago and I think plenty of factors weigh into that including our ranking, roster construction/building through HS not the portal, and relationships with the coaching staff. If you look at everything he’s said he wants in a program, Purdue fits it to a T. 

He views Purdue more favorably because Indiana sucks.  

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

On 2/23/2024 at 10:27 AM, btownqb said:

He views Purdue more favorably because Indiana sucks.  

Does it matter….we are losing the state slowly but surely. Been happening for a long time. We may have all grown up Hoosier fans because of the Knight generation but this current generation is more and more being won over by the Boilermakers….and we can pretend that it would never happen but it is. People want to cheer for a winner…they want to see good basketball and be entertained…it would not be difficult to see households switching allegiances…especially ones that have no direct tie to Indiana University and were just fans because of the Knight era.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

Yeah my thoughts are it has to be 1 of 2 things. 1. They have already been told they are fired or 2. They have been told they don’t have a chance with either.

If it isn’t 1 then it should be…if they miss out on these guys because they couldn’t land them then they should be fired…if it isn’t either and they are resting on their laurels well then that too tells me they should be fired….i think no matter what…we know the answer.

16 minutes ago, dgambill said:

If it isn’t 1 then it should be…if they miss out on these guys because they couldn’t land them then they should be fired…if it isn’t either and they are resting on their laurels well then that too tells me they should be fired….i think no matter what…we know the answer.

1000% and they can’t even use the excuse they are preparing for Sunday because I know for a fact one assistant coach does the scout for the game so it leaves others to recruit and focus on other things then when done they present the scout to rest of coaches.

• Like 2

On 2/29/2024 at 7:55 AM, btownqb said:

Heritage Hills woof. Didn't think they were a contender the whole time. 157th ranked schedule. Didn't play a single team in the T25 and only played 1 4A team all year. 

Yes they're season is over as Heritage Hills was "upset" by the Princeton Tigers, 57-52.

Sisley still had a good game though.....

• Like 1