2025 PF Trent Sisley

gnet550

55 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

Rick Ray went to Clemson because Purdue was too cheap 

MP played chicken and won 

Exactly. When you lose an assistant to a clearly inferior program because our AD won’t pay a competitive rate, you do what you have to do. 

7 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Staying so long? He was a true senior this year and didn’t redshirt or use the COVID year.  I think it’s clear that Painter will adapt to the type of roster he has. The team that almost made the F4 in 2019 was drastically different than the one this year. He recruits talented players and figures out the rest later. 

How many nat. player of year play all 4 years?  How many come back for Sr. year after winning it as a Jr.?  I'd call that hitting jackpot if I was a fan of that team.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Since we're on the topic of Old Country Buffet. Here's a video of what Zach Edey would watch if he was under 7 feet tall. 

I find it hard to believe I haven't seen that carving kid in any blockbuster movies 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, JJack said:

How many nat. player of year play all 4 years?  How many come back for Sr. year after winning it as a Jr.?  I'd call that hitting jackpot if I was a fan of that team.

Tshiebwe did it just a few years ago.  NIL has certainly changed things where players that would’ve easily left to either play in the league or overseas now are coming back because they’ll be paid more.  Pre-NIL, I doubt TJD would’ve stayed for his senior year tbh.  Just the reality of this new world we live in with NIL. 

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Tshiebwe did it just a few years ago.  NIL has certainly changed things where players that would’ve easily left to either play in the league or overseas now are coming back because they’ll be paid more.  Pre-NIL, I doubt TJD would’ve stayed for his senior year tbh.  Just the reality of this new world we live in with NIL. 

Edey vs. Tshiebwe isn't a very good comparison IMO.   Edey falls into the once in lifetime type of players. His production and dominance of the paint area is something that hasn't been seen in sometime. His numbers speak for itself.    I agree every time any program gets a tweener (NBA vs. college) talent like TJD that stays longer than most it's a real boost.   Edey to me was an exception.   I wonder if he hit the NIL free market what he would had been offered for his covid year? 

20 minutes ago, JJack said:

Edey vs. Tshiebwe isn't a very good comparison IMO.   Edey falls into the once in lifetime type of players. His production and dominance of the paint area is something that hasn't been seen in sometime. His numbers speak for itself.    I agree every time any program gets a tweener (NBA vs. college) talent like TJD that stays longer than most it's a real boost.   Edey to me was an exception.   I wonder if he hit the NIL free market what he would had been offered for his covid year? 

$2 million?

58 minutes ago, JJack said:

I think it came down to comfort & happiness….Zach knew he enjoyed college and was improving every day 

Riding a bus  around the G league compared to Big Ten basketball….

Hard to imagine regretting your senior year….I'm sure TJD doesn’t either 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JJack said:

I was just referring to someone who won the award and came back because they weren’t going to be a first round pick. I agree they’re very different players. 30 years ago Edey would’ve been the number 1 overall pick no questions asked. Hard to say but I think he could’ve easily cleared $2 million and maybe upwards of $3 mil.