NCAAF/National Scene

rico

8 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I didn't watch either. I agree about the bowl. I think he can be very good but the leash could be very short

A 7-5 season might be tolerated.  But this thing has the makings of an abysmal season.  Or at least that is how I perceive it at this point in time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rico said:

A 7-5 season might be tolerated.  But this thing has the makings of an abysmal season.  Or at least that is how I perceive it at this point in time.

I will say.... I hope once we get the 12 team playoff here we can do away with the knee jerk reactions, because one loss isn't so detrimental. Not that your comments are knee jerk, just stating in general. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I will say.... I hope once we get the 12 team playoff here we can do away with the knee jerk reactions, because one loss isn't so detrimental. Not that your comments are knee jerk, just stating in general. 

Major college football can be very fickle.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Freeman will get this yeah but will probably be on the hot seat afterwards.  Next season will be make or break for him. 

Bob Davie lasted what, 5 seasons, Willingham 3.  They won't waste too much time. 

Then they hired whistle pig Weis. 

I hope Freeman can succeed.  Right now, I would say the Irish need a QB.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

7pts from a blocked punt 16 yard scoring drive 

4 points from 2 different safeties 

3 points from a 5 yard drive that started on SDSTs 37 yard line 

You cannot make up a scenario where an offense has been this bad through two games. 

316 total yards in 2 games. 1.9 yards per carry. 😳

• Like 1

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

Saban has made a career out of getting to the title game with 1 loss. Would love for others to get the same. Not like my Canes though back in the day. 1 loss was banishment....at least 3-4 more titles escaped Miami because of 1 loss during regular season. ND, FSU, Washington games....couple others. 

7 hours ago, btownqb said:

I hope it leads to more tests out of conference during the regular season. A lot of teams trying to protect their records afraid to go out and play other big time programs.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, btownqb said:

7pts from a blocked punt 16 yard scoring drive 

4 points from 2 different safeties 

3 points from a 5 yard drive that started on SDSTs 37 yard line 

You cannot make up a scenario where an offense has been this bad through two games. 

It started about the last 4 games of last season…just kept going down hill. If it wasn’t for their defense forcing turnovers and setting up short fields for them (or actually scoring) last year and this it would be even more noticeable.

24 minutes ago, rico said:

Good read. All of the examples they used for quick turnarounds (UCF, Bama, USC, and Michigan) have fertile recruiting areas. Nebraska does not.  Patterson was an interesting name. He built TCU into a major winner, and would have Texas recruiting ties. 

• Like 1