NCAAF/National Scene

rico

2 hours ago, rico said:

Love the idea. We'll need to revamp our line to be more attractive to that level of transfer talent. Said in the article his performance decreased when he averaged getting sacked twice per game. If I'm Bachmeier, I give a strong look at Washington. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Love the idea. We'll need to revamp our line to be more attractive to that level of transfer talent. Said in the article his performance decreased when he averaged getting sacked twice per game. If I'm Bachmeier, I give a strong look at Washington. 

Good call on Washington.

8 minutes ago, rico said:

If recent history around these parts has shown us anything (Allen 2 years ago, Mel Tucker at MSU last year), Kansas will probably give him their life savings accounts and then next year they'll suck again. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

To me if they didn't stop the clock after first downs and cut down the amount of timeouts and the length of the the timeouts are the problem. I think the amount of reviews  need to be limited on the college game.

Edited by IU Scott

50 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

To me if they didn't stop the clock after first downs and cut down the amount of timeouts and the length of the the timeouts are the problem. I think the punt of reviews  need to be limited on the college game.

What's wrong with stooping clock after 1st downs?  Running the clock after first down would take time away from the team on offense.  

10 minutes ago, rico said:

Right on.  I would imagine that the CFP brain trust is smart enough to realize this?  

It's not like people are hard at work or whatever on Friday anyway...especially as holidays approach. Not sure how many games they are talking about here but you could own the tv world from roughly 3 to 11pm. Enough time for 2 games,etc....or you could even do 3 with the 2 primetime games overlapping a bit. Or maybe they could ask the NFL nicely and have them push back their Saturday start times a little bit?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

It's not like people are hard at work or whatever on Friday anyway...especially as holidays approach. Not sure how many games they are talking about here but you could own the tv world from roughly 3 to 11pm. Enough time for 2 games,etc....or you could even do 3 with the 2 primetime games overlapping a bit. Or maybe they could ask the NFL nicely and have them push back their Saturday start times a little bit?

Heck, the NFL might do away with their Saturday games?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Hey, I resemble that remark! 😆

Especially later in the season with high school games over Friday would be a great option. Not much else going on. 

• Like 1

Anyone here think Air Force is the biggest cheat in college football?  Anyone?  I think I see a hand.  Yes, of course.  The representative from the NCAA has the floor.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/34690748/air-force-football-placed-two-years-probation-recruiting-violations-covid-19-dead-periods

SMH at the NCAA (an operational branch of the Southeastern Conference).  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Anyone here think Air Force is the biggest cheat in college football?  Anyone?  I think I see a hand.  Yes, of course.  The representative from the NCAA has the floor.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/34690748/air-force-football-placed-two-years-probation-recruiting-violations-covid-19-dead-periods

SMH at the NCAA (an operational branch of the Southeastern Conference).  

Geez. It's not like they have to worry about AF making the CFP.

• Like 1