The 2019-20 College Basketball Season (non-IU)

5fouls

It’s nothing at all against Rob either. I think carton is more athletic and explosive. Watched a lot of suckeye games this year and he does some things that make me say wow. I think rob is a great point guard and he has hit some big shots and we are much better with him. But I think carton has a higher ceiling and can take a game over. Not like a “omg” difference but in the long haul I think carton will be better. Love me some rob tho. 

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Artesian_86 said:

Thanks for pointing that out...my mistake. I'm actually on antibiotics right now....bad head and chest cold...I guess I was thinking after we lost out on Darius Garland, Rob was the second option....

No biggy! Rob was 2nd option to garland. And considering that I’m glad we have Rob for sure lol. He’s exactly what we need for our program.  

4 minutes ago, MPM said:

For those that thought Nebraska was a decent team, they just lost at home to North Dakota. 

Fantastic. We beat Nebraska...but I would spread that message to the PU boards - will make their day even better.

fyi - Carton is a stud...wish we had him. Also, saw Keion on the bench...he looks like he’s having tons of fun!!!

19 minutes ago, GrangerHoosier said:

Brooks with 0 pts on 3 shots in very limited minutes tonight. Man he'd be getting 25+ mpg here. Hope he's happy.

I was wondering when Cal would, as he generally does, tighten the bench.
Watched the last 7 minutes and Brooks did not see the floor. Doubt this is what he (ie. his dad) had in mind when he committed to UK. 

PS...And next year UK has 5 guys coming that are between 6’6”-6’9”. Three of them are 5 stars and two are 4 star players. Playing time won’t be any easier next year.

2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Strength of schedules are a little different lol. And Haarms not playing hurt as well. 

Well how about common opponents we beat FSU and you lost to them.  We have beaten FSU, UCONN, ND and La Tech who is a good mid major team.  How many good teams have you guys beaten so far besides UVA who is totally over ranked.

31 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Kentucky can have him.  I've seen nothing in his play that makes me sorry about his college choice.

You are right.....he is UK's now....something tells me, had he signed with IU, we would be hearing complaints from is father for not utilizing his son better.....Similar to Justin Smith's dad last year....Most likely a blessing in disguise.....

3 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

You are right.....he is UK's now....something tells me, had he signed with IU, we would be hearing complaints from is father for not utilizing his son better.....Similar to Justin Smith's dad last year....Most likely a blessing in disguise.....

The few times I saw Brooks while in HS I was not that impressed

1 hour ago, Artesian_86 said:

I really dont think he would be getting that many minutes at IU.....not the way he looks now.

You can blame a lot of that on Calipari's lack of development skills. Sure, the kid deserves some of the blame as well but he's a poor fit for Cal's sink or swim model.

Nice call there, dad...

Archived