2023 NFL Discussion

rico

16 minutes ago, btownqb said:

It's frustrating because there's zero chance DA saw that dude. 

His helmet is on, so that right there hinders your vision big time, and his visor is DARK.  Idk if you saw the angle or not of the video directly behind DA... I thought it was pretty clear DA didn't see that guy until the very last second. 

Do DA's actions violate the NFL's "Thug" policy?  lol

50 minutes ago, btownqb said:

His helmet is on, so that right there hinders your vision big time, and his visor is DARK.  Idk if you saw the angle or not of the video directly behind DA... I thought it was pretty clear DA didn't see that guy until the very last second. 

I agree 100%. He didn’t see the dude and got walked into in the same spot that things had just been out of hand at halftime. It’s completely normal for his reaction to be to push someone off of him that shouldn’t have been in his space.

If it was a Chiefs player, no way the KC Police charge anything.

Isn’t there some expectation from a camera man that you can get knocked over if you’re in the way? 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I also agree about the Auburn job, would not want it right now. Historically when Auburn has success, someone around them is down so that Auburn can capitalize and right now that ain't the case. It's not just Bama, but UGA, UT, UF, Ole Miss, then you add in Clemson nearby and UT and OU joining the SEC.... Auburn is probably in for some very lean years. 

I actually think Auburn's best bet to have success would be to lure Kiffin away from Ole Miss. 

success when others are down or they cheat to get players like Cam. It’s a really good program but man I just think it’s like Purdue and IU basketball. They will always be little brother in that state next to Alabama. Not only that but their expectations are much much higher than Purdues. They think they should be in playoffs and championship games regularly. Let’s face it…the SEC runs in cycles…other than Alabama it’s too competitive to stay at the top long in the west because you can be really good and still be 500 in the West division. Nebraska I think has been humbled. Sure you can be a below 500 team and they want to win their division but I don’t think they expect to win national championships right away. They want to be relevant and then build on that. Resources are about equal…and no doubt in my mind playing in BIG West is a huge advantage over SEC West.

17 hours ago, btownqb said:

This is a big nothing burger for me. Small fine and let him deal with it in the legal arena (settlement). I’m not saying what he did was right but no reason a good guy that basically ran into a guy should be suspended. This doesn’t reflect poorly on the league so just let him work it out. Lots worse things happening the leagues PR needs to worry about other than this.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

This is a big nothing burger for me. Small fine and let him deal with it in the legal arena (settlement). I’m not saying what he did was right but no reason a good guy that basically ran into a guy should be suspended. This doesn’t reflect poorly on the league so just let him work it out. Lots worse things happening the leagues PR needs to worry about other than this.

Not to go legal on anything but his words in post game presser and taking to twitter will actually be used against him more than anything.

Why do fish get caught? They open their mouth. Memo to NFL players. If involved in anything on the field with a fan....don't say a frickin word. 

PS....I can't believe they are actually moving forward with this. 

• Like 2

I’ve been saying it since he was drafted. I just don’t see Fields being a good nfl qb. I mean he just missed a throw my daughter could make wide open to the TE in the end zone. He is just terrible and will need a lot of work if he is going to turn it around.  That was after throwing a terrible pick the possession before. He has athleticism but it takes a whole lot more than that to be a good qb.

Edited by dgambill

16 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Still nutty to me the NFL asks their players to play 2 games in the span of 4.5 days. Absolutely wild. 

Agree.  I said this earlier in the thread.  Two byes.  One goes before a Thursday night game. Make every team play one Thursday. The quality of those games will go up and the players will be safer.  Plus they would play one game in 20 days with two ten day rest periods.  All of that would be in addition to another bye.   

• Like 3

2 hours ago, rico said:

I am waiting with bated breath to hear what the local Bears fans have to say.  

9 days isn't long enough between our next game to get the bad taste of that game out of my mouth. 2x inside the 5 zero points. Missed easy lob throw to tight end. Open receivers. Missed. Velus Jones....I have no clue what you were doing fielding a punt inside your own 5...line still sucks, receivers suck and Fields is what he is. A QB still unfortunately learning.

Otherwise I'm in a great mood about my Bears! Haha.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Agree.  I said this earlier in the thread.  Two byes.  One goes before a Thursday night game. Make every team play one Thursday. The quality of those games will go up and the players will be safer.  Plus they would play one game in 20 days with two ten day rest periods.  All of that would be in addition to another bye.   

I'm with you. I think we need two byes, as well. 

• Like 1