Offseason 2022

58 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I'm ready for the season to start...

My wife was looking at the calendar, and says, "hmmm, October 7th is on a Friday. You know what that is, right?" (It's our anniversary).

"Yeah... Exactly one month before Indiana's first basketball game."

😁

Also the date of HH and my colonoscopy 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, BruceDouglas said:

His stats from 2020-21 when he was B1G 6th man of the year and on the all freshman team? Because those are the pre-concussion stats.

Maybe I put too much emphasis on shooting, but he was horrid both years from distance.  A little turnover prone for his minutes as well.  I didn't look at his competition his freshman year, but if he was the best 6th man in the conference, it was a pretty subpar year for depth.

26 minutes ago, rico said:

Will Holtmann survive the season to coach this class if they finish 9th or worse? 

Or maybe this class buys him an extra year. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Will Holtmann survive the season to coach this class if they finish 9th or worse? 

Or maybe this class buys him an extra year. 

I think Ohio State will be pretty good this year. Great incoming freshman class coupled with a nice portal haul. Some good talent coming back in Zed Key, Seth Townes, Eugene Brown, and Justice Sueing...

I think the Sensabaugh kid will surprise a lot of people... 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I think Ohio State will be pretty good this year. Great incoming freshman class coupled with a nice portal haul. Some good talent coming back in Zed Key, Seth Townes, Eugene Brown, and Justice Sueing...

Seth Towns won't be playing this year. He gave up on basketball. 

But I agree, I think they'll be decent at worst and probably be pretty good, especially towards the end of the year after the freshmen have had time to adjust.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, go_iu_bb said:

Seth Towns won't be playing this year. He gave up on basketball. 

But I agree, I think they'll be decent at worst and probably be pretty good, especially towards the end of the year after the freshmen have had time to adjust.

I hadn't seen that, thanks... Smart kid who will do well in whatever he decides to do... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

20 breakout players for 2022-2023 

"Tamar Bates, Indiana: A natural scorer, Bates showed flashes of his ability to put the ball in the basket last season, but never was able to be consistent. With Indiana in position to be the best team in the Big Ten in 2022-23, this 6-5 lefty could have a major role in Bloomington." 

God, I hope he does.  I've been hard on Tamar for making some questionable decisions last year that may have messed with his focus, but I would be really happy to see him take off this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Seth Towns retired from basketball

• Like 1