Offseason 2022

5 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I think Ohio State will be pretty good this year. Great incoming freshman class coupled with a nice portal haul. Some good talent coming back in Zed Key, Seth Townes, Eugene Brown, and Justice Sueing...

I think the Sensabaugh kid will surprise a lot of people... 

I thought I saw them projected 8th or 9th

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

I sure hope he's improved a lot. We won't need him this season really but next season he could start.

Coming out of HS he seemed like one of those guys that if we didn't land him he'd go to Iowa, UW, or PU and terrorize us for 4 years.

TRAYCE JACKSON-DAVIS: Yeah, so Logan is playing at a really high level right now. He’s rebounding the ball and he’s defending really well, especially just playing against me, and I’m just seeing it on the floor when I’m playing against him.

He’ll play a little bit of the 5. I think Malik will rotate at the 5 and 4, as well. But with our offense, everything is interchangeable.

I think it’s going to be good for us this year. We’re kind of spread out more and more people are going to do more things.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Race has said everyone has improved and that he is feeling really confident with his 3 pt shot. Trayce is saying  ^^^ Duncomb is playing at a high level. Xavier seems to be dialed in. Bates poised for a breakout? Kopp settled in? Freshman all seem promising. So far, I'm hearing the right things with everything pointing to realistic possibility of a top 10 team.  Big men seem to be the strength of the conference this year and I don't see anyone matching the quality and quantity we have up front. Now we just need to see some results on the court and those opportunities will come soon enough. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Reacher said:

One takeaway for me was his last response regarding Kopp. Called him a phenomenal defender and their best perimeter defender. Otherwise, many of the questions didn't illicit a whole lot of new info.

I know it's the lazy man's way of doing it, but here are the two statements Coach Woodson said that I loved... 

Screenshot_20220923-093511.thumb.png.3c1ba6b870e5c4baef4719cc003ff6c0.png

Screenshot_20220923-093804.thumb.png.c1e94d25e16ce146f4b0a11081d43a96.png

• Like 4

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

I know it's the lazy man's way of doing it, but here are the two statements Coach Woodson said that I loved... 

Screenshot_20220923-093511.thumb.png.3c1ba6b870e5c4baef4719cc003ff6c0.png

Screenshot_20220923-093804.thumb.png.c1e94d25e16ce146f4b0a11081d43a96.png

This team looks to have legitimate depth. I know that gets said every year. Really looking forward to seeing how the roles and playing time shake out. 

I see X, Tamar, Kopp, Race and TJD starting. That is big time experience. I really think we will see more of last seasons platoons. Wish someone would have asked Woodson if he plans on using the platoons or rotating guys in individually. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Reacher said:

This team looks to have legitimate depth. I know that gets said every year. Really looking forward to seeing how the roles and playing time shake out. 

I see X, Tamar, Kopp, Race and TJD starting. That is big time experience. I really think we will see more of last seasons platoons. Wish someone would have asked Woodson if he plans on using the platoons or rotating guys in individually. 

JHS will start.  I think TJD, Race, X, and JHS should get 30 minutes a game.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Reacher said:

JHS will start.  Trayce was saying that he could see him being one and done based on what he is seeing right now.  If that is anywhere close to accurate, he'll be on the floor.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I could see that but I will be thoroughly shocked if JHS is not starting. Kid has it all from day 1. Not sure if he will be here 1 or 4 years but we better enjoy him as s Hoosier while we have him. There is something in him that is just different in a very good way

Edited by Billingsley99
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

JHS will start.  Trayce was saying that he could see him being one and done based on what he is seeing right now.  If that is anywhere close to accurate, he'll be on the floor.

17 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

JHS will start.  I think TJD, Race, X, and JHS should get 30 minutes a game.

I'm sure JHS gets starter minutes. I can easily see him starting but it would not surprise me to see him come off the bench initially to relieve X, Bates and or Kopp. I see the more experienced guys starting the season. Woodson commented on the freshman and said something like they are still freshman and it is his job to move them along. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I'm sure JHS gets starter minutes. I can easily see him starting but it would not surprise me to see him come off the bench initially to relieve X, Bates and or Kopp. I see the more experienced guys starting the season. Woodson commented on the freshman and said something like they are still freshman and it is his job to move them along. 

I hope Woody doesn't become known as a coach that refuses to start freshmen.

• Like 2

It will be interesting, I can't imagine JHS not starting. He seems like a day 1 starter talent. 

Then you're looking at Bates or Kopp at the other wing spot. We know Woodson really likes Kopp, but we also know the program would really benefit from Bates making a leap. 

I also would think if a guy like Bates isn't starting or at least playing starter minutes by his sophomore year, that he might look to move on. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, BGleas said:

It will be interesting, I can't imagine JHS not starting. He seems like a day 1 starter talent. 

Then you're looking at Bates or Kopp at the other wing spot. We know Woodson really likes Kopp, but we also know the program would really benefit from Bates making a leap. 

I also would think if a guy like Bates isn't starting or at least playing starter minutes by his sophomore year, that he might look to move on. 

I agree with that assessment.  The starter between Bates and Kopp I think will be the one that proves they are the biggest scoring threat. I can see times where even if everyone is healthy you could have several different starting line ups

• Like 1

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

I agree with that assessment.  The starter between Bates and Kopp I think will be the one that proves they are the biggest scoring threat. I can see times where even if everyone is healthy you could have several different starting line ups

I think it will be more based on defense than scoring. Which, at least based on what we saw last year, would give the nod to Kopp. 

Woodson also made specific comments yesterday about Kopp's defense. 

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

If only we still had Justin Smith to slide into the 3 spot 😏

• Haha 4