Offseason 2022

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Embarrassingly bad on the Big 10's part but oh well. The single play games Illinois (and Michigan) get is why the conference title has become so watered down. Confirming that is when we see teams like Illinois get outplayed/outcoached by Loyola and Houston the past 2 seasons in tourney.

The Big 10 did give us tons of big home games so I won't rip them much but the glaring imbalance of teams supposed to be good is pretty wide....unless of course the Big10 thinks the Illini won't be worth crap like the last 2 tourneys and they gave them a cupcake to help get another team in?

IF we win the Big 10...this year unlike recent years....will be earned. 

So here's where I'm at on Illinois...

They lost 3 All Big 10 players, and the only returning player who started any significant number of games, Coleman Hawkins, averaged 6 ppg. They pick up 2 experienced transfers (one with a reportedly balky back, and the other whose priorities have been questioned by the school he left). Good pieces on an experienced team maybe. But their point guard is a freshman coming off of knee surgery who ducked out of his UK commitment because the competition was too heavy. All of their depth is young and/or inexperienced.

They finished second in the Big 10 (to IU) in defensive efficiency, and I don't think they'll come close to that.

We beat the Illini last year in the BTT losing only one player (Parker Stewart who scored 2 points in that game) while gaining 2 5 star freshmen.

I understand optimism probably as well as anyone, but if I were an Illinois fan, I'd be thanking my lucky stars over that draw... 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

They lost 3 All Big 10 players, and the only returning player who started any significant number of games, Coleman Hawkins, averaged 6 ppg. They pick up 2 experienced transfers (one with a reportedly balky back, and the other whose priorities have been questioned by the school he left). Good pieces on an experienced team maybe. But their point guard is a freshman coming off of knee surgery who ducked out of his UK commitment because the competition was too heavy. All of their depth is young and/or inexperienced.

They finished second in the Big 10 (to IU) in defensive efficiency, and I don't think they'll come close to that.

We beat the Illini last year in the BTT losing only one player (Parker Stewart who scored 2 points in that game) while gaining 2 5 star freshmen.

I understand optimism probably as well as anyone, but if I were an Illinois fan, I'd be thanking my lucky stars over that draw... 

All day long. My buddies who are diehard Illini fans from back home are all saying the same thing. We got outcoached and outplayed by Loyola and Houston....with Kofi...Kofi/Ayo,etc....how are we supposed to be excited with essentially a new roster? One buddy even reached for this comment. He said Underwood has so much experience with roster turnover from his Juco days that he'll thrive in this new world. Crickets. I said sure works for Cal right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

All day long. My buddies who are diehard Illini fans from back home are all saying the same thing. We got outcoached and outplayed by Loyola and Houston....with Kofi...Kofi/Ayo,etc....how are we supposed to be excited with essentially a new roster? One buddy even reached for this comment. He said Underwood has so much experience with roster turnover from his Juco days that he'll thrive in this new world. Crickets. I said sure works for Cal right?

giphy.gif

• Like 1

15 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Your Illini forecasts have been great recently, like last season when you correctly noted there's "no way Illinois finishes 2nd".

🤣

We'll have fun finding out again.

Just now, BruceDouglas said:

Your Illini forecasts have been great recently, like last season when you correctly noted there's "no way Illinois finishes 2nd".

🤣

We'll have fun finding out again.

I'll be the first one to admit, I didn't see Underwood's brilliant strategy of dumping it down to Kofi, letting him elbow everyone out of the way while he spent 2 minutes in the lane, working long term.

But, I was dead on about Curbelo... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/16/2022 at 10:15 AM, IUFLA said:

I'll be the first one to admit, I didn't see Underwood's brilliant strategy of dumping it down to Kofi, letting him elbow everyone out of the way while he spent 2 minutes in the lane, working long term.

But, I was dead on about Curbelo... 

You predicted he'd have a concussion along with serious after affects, then covid? I don't recall that.

On 9/16/2022 at 3:05 PM, IUFLA said:

You IU fans are all alike. 🤣 And shame on you for giving CBK report the clicks they are baiting.

Edited by BruceDouglas

16 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

You predicted he'd have a concussion along with serious after affects, then covid? I don't recall that.

I said he was overrated, and I was right...

16 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

You IU fans are all alike.

Yup, winners who've been to the mountain top, as opposed to the wannabes... Like Whinin' Illini fans... 

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Beer sales approved for Assembly Hall this year. Hahahahahaha....man the pocket book is going to get hit this season. Wife goes well can we pick 4-5 of those Saturday games to attend. Yep!

The University had some bad timing on announcing that after the hit and run this weekend.  Drunk student killed another student on an electric scooter.

• Sad 1