Offseason 2022

1 hour ago, DWB said:

I noticed that too. Bad knees? Bad hips? Can't be just old age. I'm a helluva lot older than him and move better than that.

Hope it's nothing serious.

Yeah, I thought that too until I saw video of me walking... Starting to get "the shuffle."

Sneakers with Velcro are right around the corner for me... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Yeah, I thought that too until I saw video of me walking... Starting to get "the shuffle."

Sneakers with Velcro are right around the corner for me... 

Didn't he have a back surgery in college on his lower spine?  My back issues will affect the way I can move from day to day. And I still have a couple decades to go.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Didn't he have a back surgery in college on his lower spine?  My back issues will affect the way I can move from day to day. And I still have a couple decades to go.  

Great point. I had forgotten about that. (old age sucks man...) Even though he "recovered" those things catch up with you in your later years. Wife is already feeling the effects of back surgery from 4-5 years ago, that give her fits once in a while. I'm sure it'll only get worse.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DWB said:

Sketchers just came out with some slip ons that look real nice...lol

I got a pair last year - love 'em.  Very lightweight & comfy.

I've had back (and hip and shoulder) issues for some time and I walk that way for several seconds when I get out of a chair.  Even worse when climbing off the lawnmower.

10 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Good article on Inside the Hall on how scheduling could impact the Big 10 race...

confsos.jpg.bd9378b68e3bfda9e1afe0063922be62.jpg

Illinois gets a big break, but I think they're going to need it... 

It's about freakin' time! Tired of seeing Wisconsin get that easy path every season.

Of course we don't know who's really good yet so will be interesting to see how it plays out as far as SOS.

And the author could use some lessons in common sense, noting how tough NW and MN schedules are. Well...yeah. They don't get to play games against the worst teams - themselves! 

Edited by BruceDouglas
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Good article on Inside the Hall on how scheduling could impact the Big 10 race...

confsos.jpg.bd9378b68e3bfda9e1afe0063922be62.jpg

Illinois gets a big break, but I think they're going to need it... 

Embarrassingly bad on the Big 10's part but oh well. The single play games Illinois (and Michigan) get is why the conference title has become so watered down. Confirming that is when we see teams like Illinois get outplayed/outcoached by Loyola and Houston the past 2 seasons in tourney.

The Big 10 did give us tons of big home games so I won't rip them much but the glaring imbalance of teams supposed to be good is pretty wide....unless of course the Big10 thinks the Illini won't be worth crap like the last 2 tourneys and they gave them a cupcake to help get another team in?

IF we win the Big 10...this year unlike recent years....will be earned.