Purdue Postgame Thread

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, rico said:

Me thinks Green is gone.

Green played a lot @ Illinois. Archie has shown this year that he plays the hot hand. Take Green's 4 minutes out and we had a rotation of 7 guys. His demeanor on the bench today was much better than I've seen of him and others earlier this season.

Also, not sure how he doesn't fit the system. He's just a sophomore...he's shown flashes of really good and flashes of really bad. 

I think he will be back...both guards slots are open and he will be competing against freshmen and Al Durham. I also get the sense, and hope, that Archie isn't a "high program turnover" kind of coach. 

I don't understand anyone's desire to have Green transfer. Program turnover=bad, unless the kid is someone like Gelon who never should have been there to begin with.

Devonte can be a really special player, if he can get his game under control. It's silly to write him off. This is his second system in two years. Give it time.

1 hour ago, Who-Dey Hoosier said:

I'll be honest, I'll take Archie over porkchop any day

So would any knowledgeable and honest Purdue fan.  The idea that you could take the #3 team in the country to visit a .500 team in transition under a new coach, and eke out a win late, and call it "out coaching" is preposterous.  A better coach doesn't go down 10 out of the gate.

1 minute ago, Muddy River said:

So would any knowledgeable and honest Purdue fan.  The idea that you could take the #3 team in the country to visit a .500 team in transition under a new coach, and eke out a win late, and call it "out coaching" is preposterous.  A better coach doesn't go down 10 out of the gate.

Yeah because situations like that never happen. It’s a rivalry game and Purdue shot like crap. It happens. 

3 minutes ago, madmax said:

I don't understand anyone's desire to have Green transfer. Program turnover=bad, unless the kid is someone like Gelon who never should have been there to begin with.

Devonte can be a really special player, if he can get his game under control. It's silly to write him off. This is his second system in two years. Give it time.

I completely agree.  He is suffering a sophomore slump like so many players before him. Perhaps he can make a Morganesque jump as he goes into his Junior year.

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Yeah because situations like that never happen. It’s a rivalry game and Purdue shot like crap. It happens. 

Your guys didn't do what Indiana State and and IPFW did in Assembly Hall, so are those coaches that much better than Painter?  I promise you, when Archie brings his top 5 ranked Hoosiers into Macky Arena, and beats a middling Boilermaker team by single digits, I will not be on your board crowing about what a better coach he is.  By the way, what was Painter's career record against Mike Davis?

19 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Haven’t watched the game yet but I’m not surprised that the score was close. I’ll gladly take a 7 point win in Bloomington any day of the week. 

You'll enjoy seeing that Archie was the better coach, McSwain is stronger than Haas and Purdue is the better team. Good win for Purdue. 

16 minutes ago, madmax said:

And third system in three years. 

14 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

IU had the better gameplan. Purdue shot like crap because IU played good defense on the perimeter. 

Purdue just had more talent and depth. 

6 minutes ago, Muddy River said:

Your guys didn't do what Indiana State and and IPFW did in Assembly Hall, so are those coaches that much better than Painter?  I promise you, when Archie brings his top 5 ranked Hoosiers into Macky Arena, and beats a middling Boilermaker team by single digits, I will not be on your board crowing about what a better coach he is.  By the way, what was Painter's career record against Mike Davis?

Painter was 0-2 against Davis. It was Painter’s first year at Purdue and the last year of Davis at IU. 

8 minutes ago, Muddy River said:

I mentioned it before the game, but Crean kept it close against Painter under similar circumstances. When the script was flipped, however, we obliterated Purdue. 

3 hours ago, Riverrat said:

I'm just pointing out how many people spin things to fit what ever agenda they have on here. We hang with duke and we are great, we hang with Purdue and they are overrated. 

People on here constantly bash pork chop and he has earned it but don't deny that he made adjustments that helped win the game for them. Maybe when Archie has his players it will be different but as a roster iu has higher rated talent out of high school than this Purdue team does. Pretty sure htd had a huge post about it earlier this year.

I don't think Purdue will make a run in the tourney but to say Purdue is overrated right now is crazy. They have lost 2 games, shoot the three really well and have one big man that is a force.

Hopefully brighter days are ahead for iu but pork chop Jas won like 6 of the last 8 against us or something crazy like that.

I hope Archie works out but there are a ton of red flags in my head to go with a few bright spots.

You are out of your freaking mind.

3 hours ago, Riverrat said:

I'm just pointing out how many people spin things to fit what ever agenda they have on here. We hang with duke and we are great, we hang with Purdue and they are overrated. 

People on here constantly bash pork chop and he has earned it but don't deny that he made adjustments that helped win the game for them. Maybe when Archie has his players it will be different but as a roster iu has higher rated talent out of high school than this Purdue team does. Pretty sure htd had a huge post about it earlier this year.

I don't think Purdue will make a run in the tourney but to say Purdue is overrated right now is crazy. They have lost 2 games, shoot the three really well and have one big man that is a force.

Hopefully brighter days are ahead for iu but pork chop Jas won like 6 of the last 8 against us or something crazy like that.

I hope Archie works out but there are a ton of red flags in my head to go with a few bright spots.

Haha this guy literally made me laugh. 

Archie takes a severely undersized and "underrated players" compared to what the other Ohio state, Syracuse, and standford had that year and beat them all on his way to the elite 8. And then went to the sweet sixteen another year.

meanwhile painter has went to two sweet sixteens in 10 years...

I'm seeing red flags alright and they are the banners Archie is gonna hang next to the other 5... get out here with that nonsense!!

52 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

^^ Yes, I don't get the desire to bash him, he clearly had a strong game, 8-16 for 21 points, 6 boards, 3 assists, 2 fouls . He had 3 TO's and was 3-6 from the line. Perfect? No. Good game. Clearly.

I thought both offensive fouls were bad calls, but especially the push off. The last turnover was as much about Newkirk throwing the pass with Thompson right there to steal it as it was about Rob doing something wrong. 

34 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I understand now why you blame CAM in every loss.

You got that from a comment about Morgan not hitting more outside shots against Haas? Outside of the Illinois loss, I’ve never blamed Archie for a single loss. Care to share why you would make such an accusation?

37 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I thought both offensive fouls were bad calls, but especially the push off. The last turnover was as much about Newkirk throwing the pass with Thompson right there to steal it as it was about Rob doing something wrong. 

The foul right in front of our bench was awful. Thompson wasn't set, nor squared up to Johnson. Rob didn't extend or lower shoulder. 

Archived