Transfer Portal

DC2345

Our recruiting class is going to end up being ranked pretty good. Top 40 at least I think.

If we got Nolan, appears he can run. 1069 rushing yards and 6 tds in his one JUCO year.

No reason we can't go bowling next year. Great job by CTA and staff to bring in this much talent after the last 2 seasons we've had.

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Sounds like the coaching staff is earning their paychecks! Keep ‘em coming! 

They’ve done well in the portal but they’ve also done that the last couple years. They’ve got to find success on the OL and at the QB position. 

• Like 2

On 1/6/2023 at 2:05 PM, btownqb said:

Never been a doubt in my mind. Dude has the toughest job in D1 football. 

I will say this, from what I have been told and what was alluded to earlier Bell is the problem more than CTA.  But the overall feeling is there is blame on Allen for letting Bell do what he did with CB and keeping Bell around after the season.  A lot of players do not like him.  Walk on players on offense don’t transfer unless they really are motivated to get away from a bad situation.

I said before to me honestly this mass change in roster is likely the best thing for the program to have a chance over the next few years, but next year in particular.  I hope Bell can do better but I think he will be what could sink CTA in the end.

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Ummm....getting Chance Nolan would satisfy all my offseason requirements and now it's on the staff. Nolan looks pretty darn good in my limited time in watching him. 

I think coming to the BIG from the PAC-12 is a definite conference upgrade for him as well.  If he comes could be exactly what the team needs.  Wonder how his skills would fit in Bells style of offense?

• Like 1

I think we do have to give credit to the staff for all these pickups.  In particular these are the guys that were likely truly undecided and they have sold them on coming to IU.  It’s not like these guys that have declared and then by the next day already committed.  They all knew where they were going.  Going out and getting these players to commit is a good sign.  I was worried IUs name would be lethal to transfers in the players circles but that does not seem to be the case.  Still need that QB though, as others have stated.

• Like 2