Kansas Post Game

Inequality

On 12/17/2022 at 6:42 PM, Seeking6 said:

The calendar said it was December of 2001. Fresh off losses to Marquette, Southern Illinois, Miami, Kentucky, and  Butler everyone on Peegs said cancel the season. Total loss. Sure glad the boards don't dictate a season. 

If these things were happening in early March gang I get it but let's some development go on. Kind of like last year. Nobody was playing better in our conference at BTT. Just let it ride itself out. Not saying some along the way micro discussion isn't warranted but big picture....3 months of hoops/development is a long time.

Big difference IMO because we have seen this movie for the past several years. I am just pulling for a different ending

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, slojoe said:

The data is slim, but this team did improve during the year last season and was playing at its peak at the end of the year.

I agree but are we good enough to be a top 5 seed or playing in Dayton again? The road will not be easy and I am not convinced we win every home game. When do we start winning the games that we are not supposed to. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I agree but are we good enough to be a top 5 seed or playing in Dayton again? The road will not be easy and I am not convinced we win every home game. When do we start winning the games that we are not supposed to. 

When our overall talent improves and we continue to develop our system, along with our roster make up.  

1.25 years into CMW. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

We heard that for 4 years with CAM. I just do not see the same issues with some other programs that have plagued us for the majority of the last 20 years.

Other programs haven't had the pleasure of Brand, Herbert, McRobbie, Greenspan and others to deal with either...

We have a President now that loves and understands sports and what it means to the institution...We have an AD that understands the basketball tradition, and is hopefully going to take measures to build a tradition for football...We have a basketball coach who's lived what IU basketball is supposed to be about, and he's trying to recreate that culture...

Brother, we've had the deck stacked against us for 20 years...It's gonna take a bit more than 1+ years to get things in our favor...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 9

14 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

We heard that for 4 years with CAM. I just do not see the same issues with some other programs that have plagued us for the majority of the last 20 years.

You could be right.  We'll have to see.  But I see in CMW a mature guy who can develop his talent, handle the x's and o's, and relate to his players.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Well.. do you think CAM is equivalent to CMW? 

Of course not but neither one of them are on the court. I just see some of those same things that plagued the program under CAM

I am most disappointed in the defense against good teams. I do believe this team can turn it around but I was fully bought in this team was FF caliber I am wavering on that at this time

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Of course not but neither one of them are on the court. I just see some of those same things that plagued the program under CAM

I am most disappointed in the defense against good teams. I do believe this team can turn it around but I was fully bought in this team was FF caliber I am wavering on that at this time

I think they were FF caliber IF certain things happened.  To this point, I don't think they have.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

To be fair, a lot of the rotation was recruited by CAM still. That takes time to undo.

Should Woodson have turned over more guys faster? I think that’s a tricky topic. 

Without stating how I really feel about the Kansas game, I will try to find a positive.  

Tamar Bates didn’t exactly play well, but he’s playing much more confidently and assertively.  That may bode well as he starts putting the mental with the physical.  Look at the film and cut down on the mistakes, but I like how he’s cutting it loose athletically out there.  

• Like 5

On 12/20/2022 at 7:59 PM, Bustinchops said:

It won't ever be official but if he were to come back it looks like late February-March would be the earliest. Everybody heals differently though so here's to hoping he's back this season.  

Some thinlk X holds us back! ! This years team is all about X and Trayce!! Next year is all about Woody's  Teams!!! Going to be up and down BUT Coach WOODSON!!! KNOWS!! Play Kansas on their floor then COME TO OUR FLOOR!  Drunking Old Fool!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

• Like 1