Kansas Post Game

Inequality

14 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Here's my thing with a guy like Dakich. He privately begged Archie to get his kid a certain position at IU. Archie delivered and the next day he's ripping the guy.....I have no energy for non loyal folks. Especially the 24 hour version. I could go on and on about Dakich stories both within IU and here in Indy. He's a windbag and an embarrassment on all levels. 

How are people still taking him seriously? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

What was up with Reneau? I wasn't able to watch the game, but following a bit on my phone it seemed like he barely played until late. Didn't have any fouls. 

He played early too... He was just overmatched. Two possessions in a row he hedged out wayyyy too far and their bigs got a layup out of it.

He's going to be a really good player for us... But he's just not up to this quality of competition yet... 

• Like 3

No any one player is more "culpable" for the performance yesterday than the other. You alls blame game is crazy and it's not how winning organizations operate. 

Now.. we do lack leadership. That seems to be obvious.. and absurdly frustrating.

TJD is going to feel the ripple effects big time with no XJ, imo. If we don't have XJ for an extended amount of time... shew, thats worrisome. 

Our roster makeup needs to be altered some, and you can see why the staff was interested in a Dexter Dennis in the off season. 

• Like 6

Disappointed in the loss but disheartened and angry over the manner in which it occurred.  Another low energy performance on national TV.  

Simply unacceptable at any level of competition.  Team and Coaches both own the poor starts, below average shooting, and the TO's.  It's a long season.  A lot needs to be addressed from both.  They need to take the AZ, KU, and Rutgers games as a package and see that they have to address simply being out muscled, intimidated, and meek. TJD needs to step up and become the emotional, vocal, and physical leader of this team.  

Going forward I still don't understand why CMK doesn't bring TJD out from the basket at least to the top of the key and allow him to play facing the basket.  Use his quickness to negate the fact that he is simply undersized against the D1 5's he is facing.  I think we have to stop playing Race and TJD together in the post.  Add a guard or wing and play 4 out more PNR.  Still iffy on Race as a 3 pt shooter.

I still think this is the most talented team in many years.  We also have to remember the the talent upgrades are still FR no matter how much hype they had coming to IU.  They need to still get acclimated to this level of play day in and day out.  They just need more time and coaching.

CMK needs to address the slow starts.  That's on him.  A talk with TJD and have TJD call a players only meeting could be useful at this stage of the season.

I am ever optimistic and believe in this group of young men, CMK and the other coaches.  However, they are not beyond needing some self-assessment and  criticism when things aren't going well.  I don't think any of their problems are insoluble.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

No any one player is more "culpable" for the performance yesterday than the other. You alls blame game is crazy and it's not how winning organizations operate. 

Now.. we do lack leadership. That seems to be obvious.. and absurdly frustrating.

TJD is going to feel the ripple effects big time with no XJ, imo. If we don't have XJ for an extended amount of time... shew, thats worrisome. 

Our roster makeup needs to be altered some, and you can see why the staff was interested in a Dexter Dennis in the off season. 

It'll provide JHS the opportunity to step up and lead. I know freshmen usually have to wait their turn, but if XJ is our for a while, he'll have his shot.

Jalen does have a long way to go, especially against top flight teams. Rewatched the game this morning, and his decision making wasn't very good. Vitale kept harping on the fact that our guards weren't getting TJD the ball in a position to score. Say what you want about Vitale, but the guy coached at the highest levels and knows the game, over the top exuberance aside... I think this is what he's talking about...PXL_20221218_134929794.thumb.jpg.12b372140986ceeda7e727adea7ef4ca.jpg

Trayce had 1 guy (a guard) between him and the basket... But Jalen reset the offense instead.

You're right... Trying to pin this on one or two guys isn't right. It was a team effort 🙂 

But, we're not even a third of the way through the season, we got beat by 2 top 10 teams... Not time to make wholesale changes. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

It'll provide JHS the opportunity to step up and lead. I know freshmen usually have to wait their turn, but if XJ is our for a while, he'll have his shot.

Jalen does have a long way to go, especially against top flight teams. Rewatched the game this morning, and his decision making wasn't very good. Vitale kept harping on the fact that our guards weren't getting TJD the ball in a position to score. Say what you want about Vitale, but the guy coached at the highest levels and knows the game, over the top exuberance aside... I think this is what he's talking about...PXL_20221218_134929794.thumb.jpg.12b372140986ceeda7e727adea7ef4ca.jpg

Trayce had 1 guy (a guard) between him and the basket... But Jalen reset the offense instead.

You're right... Trying to pin this on one or two guys isn't right. It was a team effort 🙂 

But, we're not even a third of the way through the season, we got beat by 2 top 10 teams... Not time to make wholesale changes. 

Outside of Banks "coming on" and entering the rotation... 

I'm not sure what move there would be to even make, especially now with XJ out. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

You can make this some sort of apocalyptic issue if you want, I will not.

BS.  This "winning" organization has been listless for the better part of 20+ years.  This "apocalyptic" event is nothing new.

That being said, I still hope this turns out to be a highly successful season.  But don't torch me for having my doubts.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, rico said:

BS.  This "winning" organization has been listless for the better part of 20+ years.  This "apocalyptic" event is nothing new.

That being said, I still hope this turns out to be a highly successful season.  But don't torch me for having my doubts.

You quoted me. I didn't "torch" you, at all. 

You are hung up on the fact I said how winning organizations operate. Idk why. 

Edited by btownqb

16 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Outside of Banks "coming on" and entering the rotation... 

I'm not sure what move there would be to even make, especially now with XJ out. 

My own opinion is that Gunn will be in line for more meaningful minutes... He seems more confident out there, and in theory provides another shooter...

Geronimo had a steal late in the game, stopped at the arc and hesitated, and passed it to Gunn... CJ had zero reservations about putting it up... He missed, but I love his confidence... 

22 minutes ago, btownqb said:

You quoted me. I didn't "torch" you, at all. 

You are hung up on the fact I said how winning organizations operate. Idk why. 

I am not hung up on it.  We haven't been a winning organization for quite a while.  We have had some brief moments but not sustainable.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

My own opinion is that Gunn will be in line for more meaningful minutes... He seems more confident out there, and in theory provides another shooter...

That would be my opinion as well.  Hopefully he finds the bottom of the net early and often.

33 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Every analyst has said that TJD has to get a touch of the ball. 

• Like 1