Iowa Post Game Thread

KDB

1 minute ago, Sea Turtle said:

Frans son said that Indiana had no idea how to attack a zone. 

Some things never change. Good job Indiana!

Given that your name is Sea Turdle, it's no wonder you are slow to this conversation that has already been debunked since IU scored 61 points in 30 minutes against that tough defense.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

Frans son said that Indiana had no idea how to attack a zone. 

Some things never change. Good job Indiana!

To be completely fair, Fran's dad has no idea how to behave like an adult and neither does Fran's son. 

Between the Bohannon bar fight against kids 5 years younger than him and the McCaffrey's, is it fair to say Iowa is a thug program? We'd probably say it if their jersey's said Memphis on the front instead of Iowa. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

With 7 minutes to go in the 2nd half I had to stop my rewatch.  Anyone else want to give a breakdown of the fouls given and if warranted?  After rewatching the first 33 minutes I am leaning more that the refs played a major role in this game once you add it all up.  

100% agree.

In my mind there are three major factors in Iowa winning, and all it took was one of them being different.

- Our play leading to the collapse

- Race injury

- Refs being atrocious

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

This...

PXL_20230106_215008980_MP.thumb.jpg.cc839172c08172e44e9ea1ecae54fe57.jpg

Is a basketball play!

Who knew? 🙄

wow.  In full game speed it looked like JHS made contact first but he clearly did not.  

I'd like to see a statement from the B1G on this.  How do they ignore Woodson going off in the presser as well?  He may get reprimanded somehow.  How does that work?  

• Like 1

I noticed somethin and i am not why we did this. I believe we were shooting a free throw and both TJD and whomever had their back to me at the time didn't even try and block out for a rebound on the missed shot.  They just started jogging back to their end of the floor.  I was a little confused on why we were not battling for a missing front end 1and1.

I don't have the video to show of it but i was 15 rows back and had a pretty good view of the court last night. 

4 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I noticed somethin and i am not why we did this. I believe we were shooting a free throw and both TJD and whomever had their back to me at the time didn't even try and block out for a rebound on the missed shot.  They just started jogging back to their end of the floor.  I was a little confused on why we were not battling for a missing front end 1and1.

I don't have the video to show of it but i was 15 rows back and had a pretty good view of the court last night. 

We had some mental lapses that's for sure.  

28 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

wow.  In full game speed it looked like JHS made contact first but he clearly did not.  

I'd like to see a statement from the B1G on this.  How do they ignore Woodson going off in the presser as well?  He may get reprimanded somehow.  How does that work?  

Perkins elbow is above his head. I’m not sure he shouldn’t get a one game suspension. That’s an incredibly unnatural movement. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

With 7 minutes to go in the 2nd half I had to stop my rewatch.  Anyone else want to give a breakdown of the fouls given and if warranted?  After rewatching the first 33 minutes I am leaning more that the refs played a major role in this game once you add it all up.  

One foul was 80 feet from Iowa basket off a rebound that was questionable. Most of the other were ticky tac fouls out on the perimeter. Then the last couple was going.on purpose 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sea Turtle said:

Scoring 89 points, the offense wasn't the problem and McCafferty is a$$$$$$$$$

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I grabbed it off my TV... Don't have Kevin Warren's email addy...

@IU Scott? 😁

I tried to find the head of officials last year but couldn't find it. I found one email address and left a complaint but no response. At least someone from Dolson's office responds

I have been trying to find Jim Irsay's email but can't find it to tell him he better not bring back Saturday 

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I am sure we crossed paths at some point. 

I graduated in 96, Telecom.+Film Studies. Lived in Wright Quad, then SAE, then on the corner of Lincoln and 11th, then on the corner of Lincoln and 7th. Very good times. I try to get back a couple of times a year, for a FB and BB game. 

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

This...

PXL_20230106_215008980_MP.thumb.jpg.cc839172c08172e44e9ea1ecae54fe57.jpg

Is a basketball play!

Who knew? 🙄

When I saw this watching the game, though I didn't see the elbow until the replay.  It looks like the ref is standing right there in position, but you can't tell if he was watching on ball.  If he was, he couldn't miss this.  I thought there was no call.  I had no sound.  They reviewed the play but nothing happened.

30 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I tried to find the head of officials last year but couldn't find it. I found one email address and left a complaint but no response. At least someone from Dolson's office responds

I have been trying to find Jim Irsay's email but can't find it to tell him he better not bring back Saturday 

First Initial; Last Name; bigten.org

Example: sclaus@npole.org

You might find that they work.  A little bird told me they did. 

My understanding is the first 2 listed report to the 3rd one. 

https://bigten.org/staff.aspx

image.png.dcef9e6778813a87fe3d336a89fc2854.png

image.png.8d164361f2736f5c7487442723c4d59e.png

image.png.43304075c9ed12bfb2af4fbc4d684ddc.png

4 minutes ago, slojoe said:

When I saw this watching the game, though I didn't see the elbow until the replay.  It looks like the ref is standing right there in position, but you can't tell if he was watching on ball.  If he was, he couldn't miss this.  I thought there was no call.  I had no sound.  They reviewed the play but nothing happened.

They actually called a foul on Hood-Schifino.  

• Like 1

I have played basketball, coached basketball, refereed basketball, watched basketball and i have never seen such a lack of focus as JG displayed in this game, he not only couldn't guard Murray, HE DIDN'T EVEN LOOK FOR HIM!!!!! At one point JG  was standing in the middle of the paint leaving Murray all by himself for a WIDE OPEN three!  I wouldn't play him if he was the last man on the bench after everyone else fouled out, rather play with four!  Defense is about FOCUS, determination, and effort. He has none of the aforementioned!

Edited by Let