Transfer Portal 2023

Danomatic

1 hour ago, Drroogh said:

I think this just totally rejects the idea that CMW can redirect and reeducate a high end talent! The more all of you experts reject him the more I hope the stars align and CMW proves you wrong!

He maybe could but I think that kid already helped sink one team's year, I am not interested in playing Russian Roulette with him on our team next year.

Pass.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

As far as the portal is concerned, I hope our staff is going after production, especially the one year guys. It looks as if we’re in on a lot of players, but I think that there are still some big fish who haven’t entered the portal yet. Just hope we don’t decide on portal guys too quickly.

I doubt that many impact players are entering the portal at this point without kicking the tires on potential landing spots ahead of time. So the staff probably has a pretty good idea who is likely to be available, what the interest level in IU would be, etc. Now sure, there will probably be some surprises. But it's also a game of musical chairs, so there is a real risk for a program in waiting too long to sign guys who are ready to commit.

Edited by IUProfessor
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, IUProfessor said:

I doubt that many impact players are entering the portal at this point without kicking the tires on potential landing spots ahead of time. So the staff probably has a pretty good idea who is likely to be available, what the interest level in IU would be, etc. Now sure, there will probably be some surprises. But it's also a game of musical chairs, so there is a real risk for a program in waiting too long to sign guys who are ready to commit.

A lot of tough conversations are being had right now with some guys who have been productive, but haven’t put their names in the portal yet. While I agree that you can’t wait to fill your roster, I think it’s important that we leave a spot or two open, knowing that we’re good with what we have. I’m not one to bring up Knight often, because I know that those days are long gone. That being said, I really loved the fact that he would often leave a scholarship or two available to reward walk-on guys paying their way, or late additions. He didn’t always do that, but he I remember several instances that he did. I have full faith in the staff doing what’s best, but it’s fun to speculate.

16 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Didn't he cancel on us though last minute? I'm not saying we shouldn't look into him (different staff,etc...) but IU can't be involved with every portal kid. 

I’m from the St. Louis area as most of you most likely know and I’ve seen Caleb Love play in multiple occasions and we want to stay as far away from him as possible. I’m my personal opinion he is not someone you want in that locker room if you want chemistry. He is a me first player and really kind of reminds me of how Ja Morant is now not the old Ja Morant. That’s the best way I can describe him.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Led Zepplin, Van Halen, The Cars, Steely Dan, Whitesnake, Depeche Mode, Coldplay, Def Leppard, Tears For Fears, Psychedelic Furs, John Mayer, ELO, James Taylor...Just to name a few, lol. I would put a few more of those in my ALL TIME FAV's! LOL

Not to be picky, but John Mayer and James Taylor are not 'bands'.

I'm always here to help.

Just now, rico said:

Not the last one either. I alluded about 40 pages ago but Epps hasn't been happy all year. Underwood is going to have to do some soul searching this offseason. It's one of two things and both are on him. Either he's not evaluating the kids they recruit enough or secondly he's recruiting the wrong type of kids for his way of doing things. Both point to him.

Midseason transfer, routine end of season transfers. No problem with being a very demanding coach but you better recruit kids who can handle that approach. Very few can anymore.

• Like 2