Transfer Portal 2023

Danomatic

54 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Oskar Palmquist, the Big Swede that kept Rutgers in the game at SSAH in the portal...

Guy can shoot, but not much else

49 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

So, you give him no credit for speaking multiple languages?

46 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

No, because I'm not sure he can...

After his 3rd 3 I heard him say "i ditt rövhål i ansiktet!" 

image.gif.0e43caebad14677227d0d25f1b1d9f57.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

On 3/20/2023 at 12:34 PM, IUFLA said:

Important Dates:

Deadline to enter the Transfer Portal is 5/11/23. First time transfers who are academically eligible are immediately eligible. 2nd time transfers need a waiver. Grad Transfers can enter later than that and are exempt from the waiver rule so veterans can move at any time.

The NBA Draft Early Entry Entrant Withdrawal Deadline is 6/12/23 at 5PM EDT

So, if JHS does not hire an agent, we effectively have 1 less scholarship to play with until 6/12.  Correct?

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

So, if JHS does not hire an agent, we effectively have 1 less scholarship to play with until 6/12.  Correct?

I'd hope that he's let Woody know his intentions, or will as soon as he can...

I think Jalen loves Indiana and Coach Woodson... I can't imagine him doing anything to handicap Woody or the program... 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

I think Jalen loves Indiana and Coach Woodson... I can't imagine him doing anything to handicap Woody or the program... 

I agree. I got that feeling when he was literally whaling in TJD’s arms in the locker room after the Miami loss. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

The process allows him until the deadline to make a decision.  Regardless of what he feels about Coach Woodson or IU, this is a decision of a lifetime for him.  What if there are 2-3 teams that really like him, while all the others have different needs.  Does he take that chance?  There always seems to be at least one player who is sitting there at the draft wondering what the hell happened. 

We should allow JHS to take all the time he needs, even if it starts pushing the deadline.  

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The process allows him until the deadline to make a decision.  Regardless of what he feels about Coach Woodson or IU, this is a decision of a lifetime for him.  What if there are 2-3 teams that really like him, while all the others have different needs.  Does he take that chance?  There always seems to be at least one player who is sitting there at the draft wondering what the hell happened. 

We should allow JHS to take all the time he needs, even if it starts pushing the deadline.  

I think there are a couple of questions...

What position in the draft would he consider going vs returning to IU?

And who would he trust the most to help him make the decision?

I don't know the answer to the first one, but I think I know the answer to the 2nd...

Of course he can make his decision any time he wants... No one disputes that... 

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

100%. The only thing he should be focused on at all is what is best for him. 

• Like 3

Sitting at 960.  I was very surprised, however, when I checked last year and saw 1763.  1710 for 2021 as well.  If those numbers hold up, we're barely halfway there.  Or, were those numbers part of the Covid aftermath?  Also wondering if those aren't combining D1 & D2.  The divisions are separated for 2023.

11 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Rumor on btownbanners that Bates is selling IU gear.  

Went over there and that post did come from basically the Coach SS of that site, FWIW. 

I appreciate anyone that wanted to come and play for IU but I’m tired of talking about player potential and upside. Guys like Bates/Geronimo/Leal have been given more than enough time to prove to the staff their value and how they fit a specific need. 

Woodson was a short-term hire and brought on IMO to return Indiana to a nationally relevant brand. He’s done that by getting us to the tournament twice, having us ranked in the top 25 almost the whole year, having a B10 FOTY and potentially NPOY in TJD (and maybe 2 first-round NBA picks there too).

Now it’s about getting guys in the portal that have proven track records and will compete for that 7-8 man rotation. We have a lot of positive momentum and resources to be good, we should utilize it.

• Like 4