Transfer Portal 2023

Danomatic

1 minute ago, Hoosierdave said:

Went over there and that post did come from basically the Coach SS of that site, FWIW. 

I appreciate anyone that wanted to come and play for IU but I’m tired of talking about player potential and upside. Guys like Bates/Geronimo/Leal have been given more than enough time to prove to the staff their value and how they fit a specific need. 

Woodson was a short-term hire and brought on IMO to return Indiana to a nationally relevant brand. He’s done that by getting us to the tournament twice, having us ranked in the top 25 almost the whole year, having a B10 FOTY and potentially NPOY in TJD (and maybe 2 first-round NBA picks there too).

Now it’s about getting guys in the portal that have proven track records and will compete for that 7-8 man rotation. We have a lot of positive momentum and resources to be good, we should utilize it.

Bates could just be selling IU gear for NIL money. Can't believe everything you read either

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Bates could just be selling IU gear for NIL money. Can't believe everything you read either

For sure, I’m always skeptical of rumors too.
I interpreted it as Bates was selling IU gear that only players/staff receive from Adidas, thus suggesting he is moving on and wanted to make $ off exclusive pieces alumni would go crazy for. 

IMO would be weird to post something like that if he was just selling “scoop” t shirts like he does year round. 

7 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

That guy and @CoachSS are pretty far apart on the "insider" scale in my book...

Look at some of his posts after the Penn State regular season loss about Coach Woodson...

I’m not getting into a debate over who is the top “insider” or who should be deemed an “insider” at all lol. 

My post was to suggest that just like this site, there’s certain guys that when they post, you take it with added value. On that site, he’s definitely one of them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hoosierdave said:

I’m not getting into a debate over who is the top “insider” or who should be deemed an “insider” at all lol. 

My post was to suggest that just like this site, there’s certain guys that when they post, you take it with added value. On that site, he’s definitely one of them. 

Just an observation on my part...

During the coaching search, some of the stuff posted by "insiders" over there was actually comical...

At my age, I take everything with a grain of salt...High blood pressure or not :) 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 3

Interesting to see Luke Bumbalough leaving Ball St. Remember watching him in high school when Luke and Mason Gillis played my team. Learned that IU had a visit with him where Archie basically told him he was too short for high major ball. Funny thing is, Lukes dad hopped in and reminded Archie he's around 5'10 and played high level ball. Kids a heck of a shooter. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mkaser said:

Interesting to see Luke Bumbalough leaving Ball St. Remember watching him in high school when Luke and Mason Gillis played my team. Learned that IU had a visit with him where Archie basically told him he was too short for high major ball. Funny thing is, Lukes dad hopped in and reminded Archie he's around 5'10 and played high level ball. Kids a heck of a shooter. 

Archie telling any kid they are too short…🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, mkaser said:

Signed with Niagara