Transfer Portal 2023

Danomatic

I see Malik as having huge potential. I can appreciate the value of practicing against and learning from Trace this past season. I also wonder how much his game would be evolved in comparison if he hadn’t been the number 3 big on the team and instead had longer stretches of meaningful minutes to get into the flow of the game.

I have nothing for the Kaufman-Renn comparison as I only seen Purdue play two full games this season and that was vs IU. Otherwise it was bits and pieces and only Edey stood out as their best big.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ButlerHoosier said:

Are there any rumors of any of our guys going into the portal?

Rumors on Bates, Geronimo and Duncomb all hitting the portal.  Nothing official by any means but definitely rumors.  Don't know how solid any of the rumors are but I'd put good money on a bet that they don't all three stay...just the nature of today's portal.  Apparently the coaching staff already knows at least some of the departures beyond TJD and the kids out of eligibility.

Edited by FKIM01
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Euroclydon said:

No surprise. Thought he could help but was rarely available. His mom should be happy now. 

I thought he's be a nice piece of the puzzle as well as an upper classman but it became apparent that his family wasn't happy where he was in the rotation and weren't willing to be patient. Not really surprised and don't think it's the last scholarship player to hit the portal.  Just the nature of today's college game.  Don't like it but it's reality so you adjust or suffer the consequences.

• Like 1

I always thought Duncomb had more to offer than he ultimately gave IU.  Not sure if that was work ethic or he never could take the minutes from those in front of him.  If he earns playing time, would not be surprised to see him be productive wherever he ends up.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Galloway, Leal, Gunn, and Banks are the 4 I would bet are coming back and feel comfortable.  Reneau worries me a little because I think JHS is likely to go pro and homesickness could come into play without his buddy here.  The rest I think greater than 50% chance they move on.

Miami would make me nervous with Malik. Hope he stays 

4 hours ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Galloway, Leal, Gunn, and Banks are the 4 I would bet are coming back and feel comfortable.  Reneau worries me a little because I think JHS is likely to go pro and homesickness could come into play without his buddy here.  The rest I think greater than 50% chance they move on.

The times I've seen MR he was never with JHS but other teammates.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I always thought Duncomb had more to offer than he ultimately gave IU.  Not sure if that was work ethic or he never could take the minutes from those in front of him.  If he earns playing time, would not be surprised to see him be productive wherever he ends up.  

Poor kid couldn’t stay healthy. I think that was a big part of why it didn’t work out for him here. I hope for his sake he gets all his respiratory and sinus issues taken care of. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Poor kid couldn’t stay healthy. I think that was a big part of why it didn’t work out for him here. I hope for his sake he gets all his respiratory and sinus issues taken care of. 

He was playing some up to the suspension. After that nothing. Woody never let him out of the doghouse it seemed.