Transfer Portal 2023

Danomatic

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

guy has a .676 W/L record at Purdue…of course his tournament record isn’t much better than .500  but most schools without a NC would kill for that. I’m not sure how many weeks at #1 he has had Purdue but definitely positioned them a perineal top 20 team. Not sure who would turn down that type of coach.

He's been up and down over the course of his career. I personally don't think he would have survived at IU after going a combined 31-35 in 2012-13 and 2013-14.

But, he's an alum, former player, and the expectations at Purdue aren't quite as high as they are at IU.

A lot of teams certainly would take a Painter-like coach, but places where the expectations are Final 4s and championship runs wouldn't. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I'm not sure they'd put up with a Painter type... As deluded as Purdue fans are about the status of their program in the college basketball world, Illinois fans are twice as bad... I've lived in that state twice over the years, and have heard some really kooky stuff come from them... 

deluded?

Like thinking you’re better than other people because of the college you….

played for 👎

coached 👎

attended 🤔…maybe 

4 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

deluded?

Like thinking you’re better than other people because of the college you….

played for 👎

coached 👎

attended 🤔…maybe 

Won National Championships👍

Have national relevance 👍

Have a beautiful campus 👍

Have coeds worth noticing 👍

I could go on but my thumb is getting tired 

• Haha 6

52 minutes ago, dgambill said:

guy has a .676 W/L record at Purdue…of course his tournament record isn’t much better than .500  but most schools without a NC would kill for that. I’m not sure how many weeks at #1 he has had Purdue but definitely positioned them a perineal top 20 team. Not sure who would turn down that type of coach.

Perineal is the perfect descriptor for West Lafayette, somewhere between a sack and a butthole.

• Haha 8

2 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Hunter doesn't strike me as the guy to get a team over the top.  He is a good player but having seen him the past few years, I wouldn't have much interest.

Hunter might look completely different playing for somebody other than Howard.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Hunter doesn't strike me as the guy to get a team over the top.  He is a good player but having seen him the past few years, I wouldn't have much interest.

The news report of him not wanting to go to KY if Oscar is there smacks of "Me, me, me, me, me".

Pass.....

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DWB said:

The news report of him not wanting to go to KY if Oscar is there smacks of "Me, me, me, me, me".

Pass.....

I sort of reminds me of how some NBA players shop themselves around and try to get others to join them to build a  "so called" super team. We can all see that those haven't really worked out too well because there are always too many "chiefs" on one team. JMO....

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DWB said:

Pass.....

Wait, he's selfish because he doesn't want to go to a team that already has an All-American at his position? Why would he do that when there are 50 other options. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

I thought Dickinson was going to Georgetown?

Some insiders heard Georgetown, some heard KY, he's actually going to Georgetown, KY. 

Georgetown Tigers
Logo
University Georgetown College
Association NAIA
Conference MSC
Athletic director Brian Evans
Location Georgetown, Kentucky
Varsity teams 22
Football stadium Toyota Stadium
Nickname Tigers
Colors Black and orange[1]

Website georgetowncollegeathletics.com
  • Haha 4

On 4/17/2023 at 9:51 PM, IUFLA said:

He's been up and down over the course of his career. I personally don't think he would have survived at IU after going a combined 31-35 in 2012-13 and 2013-14.

But, he's an alum, former player, and the expectations at Purdue aren't quite as high as they are at IU.

A lot of teams certainly would take a Painter-like coach, but places where the expectations are Final 4s and championship runs wouldn't. 

I wonder if that says more about how wise Purdue’s administration is to see past a rough patch and see what he was building or how bad IU has been in hiring and decision making. We can all say what we want but he is a good coach. Not perfect but a dang good one. With a recruiting platform like IU or another top school no doubt I think he would be making Final Fours…he just has less to work with at Purdue but I think he gets the most out of that program. Who knows…Edey comes back next year maybe they pull at Virginia and replicate what they did after losing to a 16.

1 minute ago, jay edwards brother said:

OK, social media intelligentsia why is Adam Howard following Devo Davis from Arkansas? He has declared for the draft and maintained his eligibility but not entered the portal.

Some think Ark has filled Davis's spot. So... since he isn't getting drafted, he won't have a home to come back to. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I wonder if that says more about how wise Purdue’s administration is to see past a rough patch and see what he was building or how bad IU has been in hiring and decision making. We can all say what we want but he is a good coach. Not perfect but a dang good one. With a recruiting platform like IU or another top school no doubt I think he would be making Final Fours…he just has less to work with at Purdue but I think he gets the most out of that program. Who knows…Edey comes back next year maybe they pull at Virginia and replicate what they did after losing to a 16.

They did the same thing with Gene Keady... He wasn't burning it up in his last 7 years, but they stuck with him...

And I do think Painter's a good coach, but even Purdue people say he's stubborn and unwilling to change 

• Like 1

I guess when talking about coaches like Painter who has trouble I'm the tournament but does well in the regular season.  Do you want to be happy for 4 months and have a record like 26-5 but have one horrible day in the tournament. On the other hand would you rather have an up and down season and go 20-11 but make a deep run ever few years.  Let's say either way you don't win a championship so which scenario would you rather have