Transfers with IU Interest

5 hours ago, ledies22 said:

Jordan Rayford freshman at Air Force was on campus yesterday. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Looks like he graduated from Georgetown Day in 2021, then did a year of prep school at Phillips Academy in Andover, MA. Offers were from AF and Maine. Sat out his freshman year at AF due to shoulder surgery. 
Wouldn’t hurt team GPA:

“considering data science major … hobbies are investing, reading, studying and FIFA … Why I came to the Academy: “school, basketball, and to become a leader” 

Wonder what went wrong at AF?

Edited by 13th&Jackson

2 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Looks like he graduated from Georgetown Day in 2021, then did a year of prep school at Phillips Academy in Andover, MA. Offers were from AF and Maine. Sat out his freshman year at AF due to shoulder surgery. 
Wouldn’t hurt team GPA:

“considering data science major … hobbies are investing, reading, studying and FIFA … Why I came to the Academy: “school, basketball, and to become a leader” 

Wonder what went wrong at AF?

I would like to see the answer to the question Why are you leaving the Academy. I'm guessing its #2 in his answer above. We know its not 1 and for sure not 3.

2 minutes ago, jay edwards brother said:

So what is the story on Jordan Rayford? Does anybody know? Any interest on our end?

he was on site earlier this week. My personal opinion is that would probably be the extent of it. I dont think anything will materialize. There's just too much that doesn't make sense on his part or IU's part to make it work.

I am not an insider or even remotely close. I am probably four degrees away from even being close to one. 

8 hours ago, Indykev said:

Sounds like Newton will miss the season. That puts us at 5 guards and 3 are leal, Cupps and gunn.. Thats not enough. All the swings and misses this summer on guard transfers is going to bite us in the ass.

When the HH guys had Jakai on last week, he said he'd had a minor setback...

Hope he can play this year... 

30 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Newton has videos on YouTube and it shows him working out with the strength coach. I thought it was recently and it looked liked he was able to workout just St fine.

He's said publicly that working out and rehabbing the knee is all he's been able to do. Not allowed to practice. He did say he's just started taking some jump shots with no knee pain. He had microfracture surgery. That's a long recovery.