Transfers with IU Interest

1 hour ago, WRSMick55 said:

Late portal addition Ithiel Horton offers intriguing skillset Indiana basketball needs

To no surprise NIL will be a factor, sources told HoosierIllustrated. But relationships also bring added context to a potential Horton – Indiana basketball match.

Ithiel Horton played at Pitt alongside Indiana point guard Xavier Johnson for two seasons. Horton also played at UCF this season with former Indiana big man Michael Durr.

2 of the Windy City 5... Hmmm 😉

5 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Are we ignoring that this guy punched a cop?  Hate to be the one to bring it up.  

Fyi... the assault charge was dropped.  He pled guilty to two counts of disorderly conduct and one count of public intoxication.  Got community service.   Just reading some old news clips... his car was being towed and apparently the police got involved and things escalated.   

I'd be okay taking him.

Go Hoosiers!!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Did I miss that we have reached out to this Horton kid, or is it just HSN speculation?  

I think it was just a news story listing schools that could use him.  No mention if we were interested.  The X and Mgbako connections make him a bit more intriguing though.

Go Hoosiers!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Indy1987 said:

I think it was just a news story listing schools that could use him.  No mention if we were interested.  The X and Mgbako connections make him a bit more intriguing though.

Go Hoosiers!!!

He's a 1000 point scorer that can bomb the 3 and get to the rim, that makes him intriguing to me.

• Like 6

Here's a good scouting video on him... On top shows various extended stats...

A couple of things... He has a really quick release, but his shot is kinda flat... Jerome Hunter flat...

Sub 40% in FGs overall for his career...38% career from 3... Stats indicate he's kinda streaky with his 3 point shot... Had a game vs South Florida where he went 7-14 from 3 (when's the last time we had a player take 14 3s?) but followed that up with an 0-5 vs Tulsa and an 0-6 vs Temple...80+% FT shooter

1-1 assist to TO ratio...Don't know about his D... 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

A couple of things... He has a really quick release, but his shot is kinda flat... Jerome Hunter flat...

Sub 40% in FGs overall for his career...38% career from 3... Stats indicate he's kinda streaky with his 3 point shot... Had a game vs South Florida where he went 7-14 from 3 (when's the last time we had a player take 14 3s?) but followed that up with an 0-5 vs Tulsa and an 0-6 vs Temple...80+% FT shooter

He does have 1.0 steals per game, which is pretty good. Only XJ and Race have been better than that in the last 2 years (1.1 and 1.2). He might not match that here with a lesser role, but that would be 2 big/strong on-ball defenders in the back court. 

I also like that he could potentially spread the floor if he’s a threat from 25 feet out, is a 6th year veteran (lol), and if he is streaky - hopefully we can mix and match him with out other streaky shooters and can get each of them on the floor at the right time. 

I guess we’ll find out shortly if the staff is interested and thinks he’ll be a good fit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

I didn't think his shot looked flat at all. And definitely not seeing a Jerome Hunter shot similarity.

I disagree with you. I award you zero points!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

If our staff decides to pursue I don't mind the continuity piece to this with X. I know it's been a bit since they've played together but headed into this year only TG and X have played meaningful minutes together. I guess you could count TG and MR as well but barely.

I know roster turnover, new players each year is where we'll be going this year and likely next so any piece that we can add that has a history together is fine with me. 

17 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

I didn't think his shot looked flat at all. And definitely not seeing a Jerome Hunter shot similarity.

I disagree with you. I award you zero points!

After analysis and calculations, his shot is on a 2 degree higher arc than Jerome's...

Factor in Jerome being 6'7 to 6'3 falls within the acceptable difference...

So there 😉

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

After analysis and calculations, his shot is on a 2 degree higher arc than Jerome's...

Factor in Jerome being 6'7 to 6'3 falls within the acceptable difference...

So there 😉

1 hour ago, bluegrassIU said:

After analysis and calculations, I still award you zero points.   😎

image.png.bf254259976488a4df9390e8e1fda570.png

• Haha 3

On 6/27/2023 at 4:38 PM, Indy1987 said:

Fyi... the assault charge was dropped.  He pled guilty to two counts of disorderly conduct and one count of public intoxication.  Got community service.   Just reading some old news clips... his car was being towed and apparently the police got involved and things escalated.   

I'd be okay taking him.

Go Hoosiers!!!

Rt... we've all been there... am I rt...

• 4 weeks later...