Transfers with IU Interest

44 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

So if Reeves announces he's back to the bluegrass today as they expect, can we expect a Joey Hart announcement for IU soon?

No, what we can expect is… Woody banking that scholarship and using it on one of the top 24 kids that we want to come to Bloomington. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

No, what we can expect is… Woody banking that scholarship and using it on one of the top 24 kids that we want to come to Bloomington. 

Getting a graduate transfer would accomplish the same thing.   In today's world, finding someone with only 1 year left isn't that hard.  

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

Getting a graduate transfer would accomplish the same thing.   In today's world, finding someone with only 1 year left isn't that hard.  

My comment was directed towards someone expecting Hart to commit. I think we would’ve already offered if that were the case.

19 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

My comment was directed towards someone expecting Hart to commit. I think we would’ve already offered if that were the case.

Yea, I was just thinking getting a 1 yr rental from the portal might be as likely an expectation as banking it...even if just for the extra body in practice.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

I wasn't really expecting it, but it seemed to me the people who think every scholarship needs to be filled thought it was either Reeves, and if we couldn't get him, Hart...

My own opinion is it'll be fine to pocket the scholly for next season if we can't find the right fit

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I wasn't really expecting it, but it seemed to me the people who think every scholarship needs to be filled thought it was either Reeves, and if we couldn't get him, Hart...

My own opinion is it'll be fine to pocket the scholly for next season if we can't find the right fit

Definitely about finding the right fit, and if you do fill it, grad transfer for sure. Hart may end up being a nice 4 yr player, but he’d just replace Leal at the bottom of the bench and doesn’t seem likely that he’d be much of an impact until his junior season. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Danomatic said:

Definitely about finding the right fit, and if you do fill it, grad transfer for sure. Hart may end up being a nice 4 yr player, but he’d just replace Leal at the bottom of the bench and doesn’t seem likely that he’d be much of an impact until his junior season. 

Well if we were filling the roster in 24 and 25 with one and done talent it would be nice to have those 4 year upperclassman to lean on when they leave. There will be plenty of scholarships in 24 and 25…we don’t need to save any.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Well if we were filling the roster in 24 and 25 with one and done talent it would be nice to have those 4 year upperclassman to lean on when they leave. There will be plenty of scholarships in 24 and 25…we don’t need to save any.

New landscape in college basketball. Yes, I think upperclassmen are important, but from what I’ve heard, we’ll be replacing 6-8 every year via transfers and recruits. I would like 4-5 developed kids from our own program though. Just not sure kids are willing to wait for their opportunity anymore.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Danomatic said:

New landscape in college basketball. Yes, I think upperclassmen are important, but from what I’ve heard, we’ll be replacing 6-8 every year via transfers and recruits. I would like 4-5 developed kids from our own program though. Just not sure kids are willing to wait for their opportunity anymore.

When you start recruiting only top 30 kids, they expect to be one and done. Or 2 and done. You aren't developing kids in that range for 3 and 4 year runs. If they are here that long, the staff failed them or the staff missed by bringing them here to start with. ( see the kid from Eville and T.Bates) If you are feeding every recruit they are the next JHS, you better have them ready in 2 years.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Indykev said:

When you start recruiting only top 30 kids, they expect to be one and done. Or 2 and done. You aren't developing kids in that range for 3 and 4 year runs. If they are here that long, the staff failed them or the staff missed by bringing them here to start with. ( see the kid from Eville and T.Bates) If you are feeding every recruit they are the next JHS, you better have them ready in 2 years.

Remember Coach don’t BS

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Anyone know of a visit today? I saw coach ya on the golf cart with a family. No young one but dad was a Big man. 

Interesting. There was the Charlie Hughes Indiana Boys HS Shootout this past weekend. So I wouldn't be surprised if someone came down for the day to check stuff out. 

• Like 1

Late portal addition Ithiel Horton offers intriguing skillset Indiana basketball needs

To no surprise NIL will be a factor, sources told HoosierIllustrated. But relationships also bring added context to a potential Horton – Indiana basketball match.

Ithiel Horton played at Pitt alongside Indiana point guard Xavier Johnson for two seasons. Horton also played at UCF this season with former Indiana big man Michael Durr.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, WRSMick55 said:

Late portal addition Ithiel Horton offers intriguing skillset Indiana basketball needs

To no surprise NIL will be a factor, sources told HoosierIllustrated. But relationships also bring added context to a potential Horton – Indiana basketball match.

Ithiel Horton played at Pitt alongside Indiana point guard Xavier Johnson for two seasons. Horton also played at UCF this season with former Indiana big man Michael Durr.

Is this guy older than Grandpa X????

• Haha 1