Big Ten Basketball 2023-2024

15 minutes ago, Cbp4IU said:

Welp Howard canned at Michigan 

I know he piggybacked off Coach B’s success but dude still won them a regular season conference title, S16, and E8 birth. If Woody did any of that he would be given a 10 year contract, not a pink slip. If not for admissions, Howard also would have TSJ and Caleb Love as his back court. 

Wild to me that successful football schools like Michigan and Ohio St have less patience for mediocrity/higher standards than us. 

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Because there’s no such thing as over the back lol. 

You’re not allowed to drape your arms over the shoulders, while making contact with the opponent infront of you.  It’s a foul 100% of the time on everyone else, even if it’s not technically referred to as “over the back” in the rule book. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

I know he piggybacked off Coach B’s success but dude still won them a regular season conference title, S16, and E8 birth. If Woody did any of that he would be given a 10 year contract, not a pink slip. If not for admissions, Howard also would have TSJ and Caleb Love as his back court. 

Wild to me that successful football schools like Michigan and Ohio St have less patience for mediocrity/higher standards than us. 

Yep...has more wins in tourney compared to a few other schools Coaches...and agree all day on TSJ. He was all Michigan. 

Sparty played it perfectly 

Play physical 

run through screens 

Jump into defenders 

Make it chippy 

When fouls get out of hand….like 8-2 scream & cry about refs and watch them “even” it out 

if MP played the bench the entire game tomorrow I’d be ok 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

Sparty played it perfectly 

Play physical 

run through screens 

Jump into defenders 

Make it chippy 

When fouls get out of hand….like 8-2 scream & cry about refs and watch them “even” it out 

if MP played the bench the entire game tomorrow I’d be ok 

Them mucking it up like that is the only way they can hang with us. Honestly it’s not a bad strategy. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Them mucking it up like that is the only way they can hang with us. Honestly it’s not a bad strategy. 

And I surmise Purdue will run into a team in the tournament that will copy MSU’s blueprint.

1 hour ago, Purdue7 said:

Technically Purdue & UVA are only teams who could do it a second time this year but it would take an act of God to get UVA a 1 seed 

The year after UVA lost to a 16 seed, they were a #1 again. They were behind at the half to a 16 seed