Mgbako Arrested

ephul

2 hours ago, ephul said:

Delete if needed due to being in another thread

Probably deserves its own thread.  Will be a lot of non-basketball conversation (suspension, legal process, etc.) that should not clutter up the other thread, which I view as being about the product on the court, not the one in the courts.    

• Like 1

I’ll wait and see on this but on the surface, at the very least, his judgement is very much called into question for choosing refusal of service at Taco Bell as an hill to die on. I mean Pizza X, maybe, but TB? But seriously, you’re a high profile athlete with the season about to begin, just listen to the officers and go home without your gordita crunch and live to fight another day. 

Edited by Zville Hoosier
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Hoosier82 said:

The thing that stands out to me is no public intoxication/underage drinking and even DIW charge. This was “sober  kid” behavior and if he wasn’t drinking, this appears problematic. 

From a punishment standpoint being sober is good.

Only knowing the side of the story we know, the fact that he was sober isn’t a good look for his demeanor.

There is another side to the story that we may never know, but it is unlikely Mac acted this way and everyone else was just calm, outstanding citizens in the exchange. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Maybe.

But it's more than a poor attitude towards cops. The cops were there because he eas berating and insulting employees at a taco bell.

Being rude to people, causing a scene, ignoring police.officers to the point they have to shatter your window and wrestle with you?

Sorry, this wreaks of anger management issues, problems with authority and/or spoiled athlete syndrome.

I hope it's a hard, one time lesson. Mac seems like a very smart kid and had a bright future. 

From reading the police side of the story....there are some significant red flags tho.

I don't disagree, but your point about the "police side" of the story is an important one. We have no idea what the Taco Bell employees did or what the police did.

Regardless of that, Mac shouldn't have done what he did. I just personally struggle to think he was so irrational angry and everyone else was calm and diffusing the situation. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Maybe.

But it's more than a poor attitude towards cops. The cops were there because he eas berating and insulting employees at a taco bell.

Being rude to people, causing a scene, ignoring police.officers to the point they have to shatter your window and wrestle with you?

Sorry, this wreaks of anger management issues, problems with authority and/or spoiled athlete syndrome.

I hope it's a hard, one time lesson. Mac seems like a very smart kid and had a bright future. 

From reading the police side of the story....there are some significant red flags tho.

I should add, go down and apologize to the taco bell employees.  Do community serve at taco bell, do a 12 hour shift with them and see how society treats them too.  

• Like 5

1 minute ago, NotIThatLives said:

I should add, go down and apologize to the taco bell employees.  Do community serve at taco bell, do a 12 hour shift with them and see how society treats them too.  

What if the Taco Bell employees are the reason this all started? Should they do something?

I just struggle to think Mac was acting the way he did and they just sat there quietly....

10 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Drive away and just stop being stupid.

The "he started it" argument is not worth presenting here. 

You don't get your window busted out by law enforcement because "Johnny at the drive through" started it. 

I don't disagree that he should have left before the police ever got involved.

But in terms of making him go apologize to the Taco Bell employees and acting like they're the victims.... I don't know enough to say that. You have absolutely no idea what they may have done in this situation. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

Trying to decide which is worse 

.272 Gillis

Driver X

Taco MM 

🍟 TW50 

MM was sober and acted like this?

gotta trust CMW to deal with this 

kid probably needs to talk to a professional or at least a mentor who can relate 

Shocked it took you this long to post! I still don't understand why you aren't banned. 

26 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

What if the Taco Bell employees are the reason this all started? Should they do something?

I just struggle to think Mac was acting the way he did and they just sat there quietly....

True.  We don't know enough but I'll stand by with my 12 hour shift at taco bell sentencing.  Needs to learn what life could be like without unbelievable God given size and athleticism.   Use the brain he was given to learn from this.  Why not drive off and go to Dennys.  If they would have been like sure, we'll serve you after you just cussed us out, doesn't he realize he's about to eat some butthole pubes?  Still not using his brain.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2