Mgbako Arrested

ephul

3 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

True.  We don't know enough but I'll stand by with my 12 hour shift at taco bell sentencing.  Needs to learn what life could be like without unbelievable God given size and athleticism.   Use the brain he was given to learn from this.  Why not drive off and go to Dennys.  If they would have been like sure, we'll serve you after you just cussed us out, doesn't he realize he's about to eat some butthole pubes?  Still not using his brain.

I totally agree Mac handled the situation wrong.

My understanding is they refused to serve him because they said they were closed, but they shouldn't have been closed. That's not the first time that Taco Bell has had similar issues....

Add in some disrespectful words from the employees and I don't exactly feel like they're the victims.

By all means, if we want to take the line that service workers are always in the right let's start seeing some folks posting lots of 25%+ tips, regardless of how they were treated.... 

Just now, KoB2011 said:

I totally agree Mac handled the situation wrong.

My understanding is they refused to serve him because they said they were closed, but they shouldn't have been closed. That's not the first time that Taco Bell has had similar issues....

Add in some disrespectful words from the employees and I don't exactly feel like they're the victims.

By all means, if we want to take the line that service workers are always in the right let's start seeing some folks posting lots of 25%+ tips, regardless of how they were treated.... 

They likely didn't have the staffing and gave up.  Their mistake was even answering the drive thru mic.  Turn it off or tape a sign over the mic that says, sorry closed early due to lack of staffing.  They could have and should have ignored any morons in the drive thru line.  

I never tip fast food or pick up food staff.  I never tip less than 20% at a sit down wait staffed restaurant. I don't see the relevance to this conversation.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

They likely didn't have the staffing and gave up.  Their mistake was even answering the drive thru mic.  Turn it off or tape a sign over the mic that says, sorry closed early due to lack of staffing.  They could have and should have ignored any morons in the drive thru line.  

Agreed - the Taco Bell staff handled this poorly. They aren't victims here just because Mac was also wrong. 

11 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I never tip fast food or pick up food staff.  I never tip less than 20% at a sit down wait staffed restaurant. I don't see the relevance to this conversation.  

I am glad you tip well, I do too. I hope everyone who thinks the Taco Bell staff did nothing wrong has always tipped well regardless and never gotten upset with service workers. It kinda appears Mac just didn't respond well to awful service - doesn't make it right, but let's not make this something it isn't.

40 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

Trying to decide which is worse 

.272 Gillis

Driver X

Taco MM 

🍟 TW50 

MM was sober and acted like this?

gotta trust CMW to deal with this 

kid probably needs to talk to a professional or at least a mentor who can relate 

How about Kline being passed out in his car

• Like 1

Completely made up in my head, but maybe plausible story. 

He placed a mobile order and paid for his food on the app. He drives over and the probably mostly teenage staff had already shut down the place, even though they were supposed to be open and which is why the app was still working. 

Probably started a war of words where it got heated abd Mgbako refused to leave without his food. 

Staff calls the police and often in those situations the police just side with the staff and to de-escalate they tell Mgbako to just leave. 

But, he's still pissed that he paid for his food and didn't get it and he gets mad that the police just sided with the staff. 

Not excusing his defiance with the police, but this would in my opinion explain why a sober person might end up where this went. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Agreed - the Taco Bell staff handled this poorly. They aren't victims here just because Mac was also wrong. 

I am glad you tip well, I do too. I hope everyone who thinks the Taco Bell staff did nothing wrong has always tipped well regardless and never gotten upset with service workers. It kinda appears Mac just didn't respond well to awful service - doesn't make it right, but let's not make this something it isn't.

I’m most concerned about what happened after the exchange with the Taco Bell employees. I don’t see any type of excuse for that part. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Hoosier987 said:

As Ant Wright tweeted…Did the Taco Bell people think Mack was just some random 6’8” dude from Gary?

I don't like that attitude though.  I am sure MM got a really nice payday to come to IU.  Those Taco Bell employees are probably making about $13 an hour and are either other college students or someone who isn't nearly as privileged as he is.  If he was being an asshole to them then the Taco Bell employees shouldn't give a rat's behind how good he is at putting an orange ball through a red cylinder.

A sense of entitlement is what can lead some of these dudes to act out like that.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I’m most concerned about what happened after the exchange with the Taco Bell employees. I don’t see any type of excuse for that part. 

Whole situation just really sucks. I mean I am admittedly old school about nearly everything. That said, I guarantee I did nearly all the bad things possible when at IU. Whatever went down here doesn't mean MM is a terrible kid or that we don't want him. However, it always amazes me how people come on here and tell everyone to not overreact and then start coming up with all of the possible scenarios that could make it not that bad. Okay, but it could also be that it really is that bad or worse than what we are thinking just as easily. Fair or not, no one cared what NCHoosier did in college, but athletes are in the limelight. You have to know that. It looks bad for our school/program when athletes are arrested. I don't really see how that could be an argument. My thought would be that most of the time these guys get out of the trouble due to special treatment, so it is entirely feasible that what he did left the police absolutely no choice when he could have just gone home. Why has he at TB at 3am? I know why I was there back then and it wasn't good. Why get to a point with an employee that the police are called? Most importantly, you get to a point where they break the window and have to physically interact? I'm honestly trying to decide if I'd feel better if alcohol was involved? I mean, I have been saying all along that if we are going to be relevant this season, he will be the key. If he isn't our leading scorer, I think we'll likely be average.  If he's what I hope, we could be good. I'm certainly not clamoring to give up on him or whatever, but I do see this is a major concern. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I don't like that attitude though.  I am sure MM got a really nice payday to come to IU.  Those Taco Bell employees are probably making about $13 an hour and are either other college students or someone who isn't nearly as privileged as he is.  If he was being an asshole to them then the Taco Bell employees shouldn't give a rat's behind how good he is at putting an orange ball through a red cylinder.

A sense of entitlement is what can lead some of these dudes to act out like that.

I agree, but there could very well me more to it. We need to keep in mind It’s the Taco Bell on Walnut. I went there when I was a student. If any poster is not familiar with the particular Taco Bell on Walnut, I would encourage you to read their reviews.  I would be really surprised if Mack just decided to be rude to these employees. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BGleas said:

Completely made up in my head, but maybe plausible story. 

He placed a mobile order and paid for his food on the app. He drives over and the probably mostly teenage staff had already shut down the place, even though they were supposed to be open and which is why the app was still working. 

Probably started a war of words where it got heated abd Mgbako refused to leave without his food. 

Staff calls the police and often in those situations the police just side with the staff and to de-escalate they tell Mgbako to just leave. 

But, he's still pissed that he paid for his food and didn't get it and he gets mad that the police just sided with the staff. 

Not excusing his defiance with the police, but this would in my opinion explain why a sober person might end up where this went. 

Here’s a review that’s eerily similar to what you describe from this T Bell.

B117C1CA-3AD8-4A59-BEE4-834FB9EE3CA9.jpeg

Edited by Hoosier987
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

I agree, but there could very well me more to it. We need to keep in mind It’s the Taco Bell on Walnut. I went there when I was a student. If any poster is not familiar with the particular Taco Bell on Walnut, I would encourage you to read their reviews.  I would be really surprised if Mack just decided to be rude to these employees. 

The Taco Bell piece of the story is an afterthought in my mind.  Refusing to obey the police on multiple occasions is much more concerning.  If you're going to say no to the police multiple times, do we really believe he'll listen to the IU coaches?  If someone is willing to accept how he reacted to the police, then they can't get mad if he totally ignores Coach Woodson during a practice or even a game.  

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

Here’s a review that’s eerily similar to what you describe. Granted it sounds like money wasn’t involved…nevertheless, you get the point 

84B5D27B-B9B6-448D-A72D-113B2A2F4821.jpeg

Yeah, by no means trying to obsolve Mgbako of his behavior. He absolutely has to be better and seemingly double/tripled down on his poor behavior when the police gave him several chances to get out of there. 

But with that said, just following along on X/Twitter, by all accounts this Taco Bell location is notorious for treating people terribly and having a horrible staff. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

The Taco Bell piece of the story is an afterthought in my mind.  Refusing to obey the police on multiple occasions is much more concerning.  If you're going to say no to the police multiple times, do we really believe he'll listen to the IU coaches?  If someone is willing to accept how he reacted to the police, then they can't get mad if he totally ignores Coach Woodson during a practice or even a game.  

Certainly understand…and agree about not listening to the police. Again, suspect CMW will use this as a teaching moment and Mack will learn and come out better for it. 

• Like 2