Mgbako Arrested

ephul

3 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

….”Why can’t you have peanut butter in prison?” Lol😉🤣🤣

My favorite scene ever...

Back to Mackenzie... Somebody else said "no Taco Bell NIL deal" but it's a natural...

The Mgbako Taco!

Of course Woody would say, "what's that? A taco? He shouldn't be eating tacos... What is it, a veggie taco or something?" 😉

Woody strikes me as a Bell Beefer guy...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Back to Mackenzie... Somebody else said "no Taco Bell NIL deal" but it's a natural...

The Mgbako Taco!

Of course Woody would say, "what's that? A taco? He shouldn't be eating tacos... What is it, a veggie taco or something?" 😉

Fish tacos would be acceptable.

5 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

The Mgbako Taco!

I love it! Mgbako Taco!!! 

4 hours ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I’m most concerned about what happened after the exchange with the Taco Bell employees. I don’t see any type of excuse for that part. 

Tend to agree, that’s a lot more problematic than what led to the police being called.

My overall position based on what we know (and I’ve been unplugged for a bit on this, so if something new came out apologies) is that Mgbako should have left when he was asked, showed poor judgement, and also this is overall just not a big deal or a big indictment against an 18 year old.

Make him run til he pukes, I’d be fine with missing the first game, but then move on with it. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

The Taco Bell piece of the story is an afterthought in my mind.  Refusing to obey the police on multiple occasions is much more concerning.  If you're going to say no to the police multiple times, do we really believe he'll listen to the IU coaches?  If someone is willing to accept how he reacted to the police, then they can't get mad if he totally ignores Coach Woodson during a practice or even a game.  

That’s a bit of a leap, no?

You might have a different view of the police than Mgbako for a myriad of reasons. I’m certainly not trying to open that can of worms, but certainly we can all see that this has absolutely nothing to do with how coachable the kid is, right?

Edited by KoB2011
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

True.  We don't know enough but I'll stand by with my 12 hour shift at taco bell sentencing.  Needs to learn what life could be like without unbelievable God given size and athleticism.   Use the brain he was given to learn from this.  Why not drive off and go to Dennys.  If they would have been like sure, we'll serve you after you just cussed us out, doesn't he realize he's about to eat some butthole pubes?  Still not using his brain.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/c95da6b9-7735-4300-9ea3-ed6d1d735b0b

8 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Im guessing none of you have ever had a knife pulled on you or a gun in your face. Well I have. 

If I would have been in M. Mgbako's situation last night, I would have been really pissed when they refused to serve me, and may have even called the manager the next day.  I would NOT have escalated it to the point of the police getting called.  And, if the police aren't called, the whole question as to whether their actions were justified never enter the picture.  

There is a right way and a wrong way to handle a situation if you feel slighted.  Getting arrested for getting mad about not getting a taco is not the correct way to handle such a slight.  I can't even begin to fathom letting it get to that point. 

Let's just let Coach Woodson address it.  He has more facts than we do and will handle it appropriately.  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

If I would have been in M. Mgbako's situation last night, I would have been really pissed when they refused to serve me, and may have even called the manager the next day.  I would NOT have escalated it to the point of the police getting called.  And, if the police aren't called, the whole question as to whether their actions were justified never enter the picture.  

There is a right way and a wrong way to handle a situation if you feel slighted.  Getting arrested for getting mad about not getting a taco is not the correct way to handle such a slight.  I can't even begin to fathom letting it get to that point. 

Let's just let Coach Woodson address it.  He has more facts than we do and will handle it appropriately.  

I generally agree, but I do question what caused MM to turn around when he started to leave. Do we know anything about that?