Mgbako Arrested

ephul

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Not against the law...If it was, I'd probably have a rap sheet (never been arrested) :) 

Not true, as @mrflynn03 posted, they determined (between themselves) that he'd be arrested...they didn't inform him  of the fact until after he moved...

Irrespective, he was given a command to exit the vehicle as he was being placed under arrest. He refused. His window was subsequently broken after refusing. Again, not hard. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Respectfully, you aren't being realistic.  At all.

I'm not? How so?

It makes infinitely more sense to me to try, any way possible, to contact the homeowner before storming the house. That's not even a question in my mind...Hell, just sit there for a minute after you get there and see if shots are being fired or anything else for that matter...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Not against the law...If it was, I'd probably have a rap sheet (never been arrested) :) 

Not true, as @mrflynn03 posted, they determined (between themselves) that he'd be arrested...they didn't inform him  of the fact until after he moved...

He wasn't arrested for being a dick.  Him being a dick just gives some insight into his state of mind at the time.  He was arrested for trespassing.  Taco Bell has property rights.  If they tell him he has to go because he is arguing with their employees, he has to go.  They may have crappy service but it is their property and they can decide who they want to be there.  You punish them by not doing business with them anymore or by using your very large social media presence to dog them.  A Twitter post from MM would have been more damaging than anything he was doing.

On the rest, Occam's Razor.  The simplest explanation for him being followed and arrested is that he knew they were going to arrest him and so he took off.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

Anybody defending MM clearly has an agenda with law enforcement. I'm sure MM is a good kid at heart but this was a pure act of entitlement. What is it that kids say these days, "F*** around and Find Out"? That's exactly what happened here, hopefully he learns from it but there's no excuse for his behavior. Officers were well within their means to arrest him and gave him more than enough chances. Shocked it took 15 minutes disobeying lawful commands before finally being placed under arrest. 

I don't have an agenda against law enforcement.  I'm just not going to elevate them or put them on a pedestal. They're citizens too. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

image.png.2f72ae22963766c7272ebbd0c29dc2c8.png

with that amount of shitty reviews.. I'd say it's safe to say this one isn't well ran either. 

Maybe so, but I find it interesting that the IU fan base was so quick to assume it was the notorious Taco Bell on Walnut Street.  Seems like an attempt to deflect blame without even having the facts right.

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Maybe so, but I find it interesting that the IU fan base was so quick to assume it was the notorious Taco Bell on Walnut Street.  Seems like an attempt to deflect blame without even having the facts right.

It's more like anyone who's ever spent time in Bloomington, especially in an "after-midnight setting"... knows TB downtown is absolutely garbage, so we all just assumed it was that one.

Too bad MM is an out-of-towner.  

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

It's more like anyone who's ever spent time in Bloomington, especially in an "after-midnight setting"... knows TB downtown is absolutely garbage, so we all just assumed it was that one.

Too bad MM is an out-of-towner.  

I've been to Bloomington a lot. Only live 45 minutes away and have worked there. Even I know not to go to that Taco Bell.

But being in Bloomington why the hell would you go to taco bell anyway. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I, for one love Taco Bell, especially late. This could have all been avoided if he would have just gone to my #1 late, late night food venue! White Castle..... AHHHHHH, Yessss! 

Fast Food Day Harold And Kumar Go To White Castle GIF - Fast Food Day  Harold And Kumar Go To White Castle - Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 3

Just now, Artesian_86 said:

I, for one love Taco Bell, especially late. This could have all been avoided if he would have just gone to my #1 late, late night food venue! White Castle..... AHHHHHH, Yessss! 

Savages. 

Eat Pizza X/Hotbox late at night like the rest of civilized people. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I'm still convinced some of the opinions on here are based on part that, this is not only an IU basketball player, but a 5 star recruit that will be heavily relied upon.

If this was a non-athlete student, or even a walk-on basketball player,  the customer in this drama would universally be viewed as a giant ash-hole.

Some of the views here seem to justifying a sense of entitlement because MM is a star athlete.  And, from the information that has been provided, I interpret the concept of 'entitlement' by MM to be the root cause of the whole situation.

Just my opinion.

I can assure you, my default position would not be the workers at Taco Bell on Walnut and Bloomington PD used good judgement and discretion no matter who the student was.

I think most people “defending” MM agree he didn’t handle things well, the issue is nothing he did should result in getting a window busted and physically dragged out of a car. If the police can’t successfully deescalate without violence (and I’d even argue they did successfully deescalate, it just wasn’t good enough), then they should find a new line of work. 

• Like 4