Mgbako Arrested

ephul

22 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

Yes, he's only 18. In a new city, living on his own for the first time, and getting the cops called on him over an argument in the drive thru. It doesn't take much empathy to understand why he might be scared and want the support of his father, and that's before touching on any matters of race. 

There's been anger expressed in this thread, and really I just can't get there. Feels like one of those situations where it's enough to say I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed.

Matters of race?? He acted like a jacka** in the drive thru line of a private establishment at 2am to the extent that the police were called. And then for 15 minutes the police demanded he leave and go home. How hard is that to understand if you're MM?

I can only imagine that phone call to my dad at 3am at the age of 18.

Me: "Hey dad I'm acting belligerent in the Taco Bell drive thru line because they won't serve me. They called the police and they're here telling me to leave the premises. What should I do?"

Dad: (phone clicks)

It didn't take me until the age of 18 to understand that when the police tell you to do something, you do it. Probably why I've never been arrested. 

I'm not "mad" at MM either, but trying to defend his actions is the reason why there's so much disconnect between police and the public nowadays. The police gave him every opportunity to walk away from a situation that he caused. He didn't do it. Learning experience for sure, should have never gotten to that point in the first place. 

• Like 8

Some quotes from Lebron James:

"When I lived in the projects, if we saw a cop, we hid behind the brick wall. When the lights went on, we ran, even if we didn’t do anything wrong.”

"For Black people right now, we think you’re hunting us.”

“I know people get tired of hearing me say it but we are scared as Black people in America,” James continued.

“Black men, Black women, Black kids, we are terrified. Because you don’t know, you have no idea. You have no idea how that cop that day left the house. You don’t know if he woke up on the good side of the bed, you don’t know if he woke up on the wrong side of the bed.”

If you're an 18 year old AA kid, in a strange town, and you believe this, you don't leave a busy, well-lighted area, with security cameras. You may be thinking, if I leave and start to drive home, these cops will pull me over later and beat the crap out of me. Not saying he should believe this, but it's also understandable. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Dang it. 

Should have known 15 pages someone had came up with that! 

pla·gia·rism

/ˈplājəˌriz(ə)m/

noun

the practice of taking someone else's work or ideas and passing them off as one's own.

"there were accusations of plagiarism

This is a formal warning. Quit stealing stuff!

• Haha 2

Just now, bluegrassIU said:

pla·gia·rism

/ˈplājəˌriz(ə)m/

noun

the practice of taking someone else's work or ideas and passing them off as one's own.

"there were accusations of plagiarism

This is a formal warning. Quit stealing stuff!

I was always told if you take something from one source, it's plagiarism, if you take if from two, it's research. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The fact some of you tell us, in these type of threads, that you have never been arrested/had run ins with cops couldn't be more irrelevant for whatever topic we are discussing at the time. 🤣

Page 15 still preaching away, saying the same s*** that was said on page one. WE GET IT. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, HoosierFaithful said:

This is just a polite request, not a directive: if you’ve been arguing the same point with the same people for 6 pages, perhaps consider that you don’t share the same viewpoint (which is fine and normal) and that more discussion won’t change that

If there were ever a time that we needed a good PUke STD story, NOW is the time.

Get to work lurch.  :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Barrel Rick said:

hey y’all,

Ricky checkin’ in..

i know you all have been waiting on me to break my silence on this situation, so i figured i’d take a few minutes to do so..

as some of you may know, i was in the car with Mackenzie that evening..

he asked me after practice if i was interested in a cheesy gordita crunch, and to no one’s surprise due to my 430 pound frame;

i was interested..

as you can probably tell from recent headlines, i did not receive said gordita..

i was taken into custody shortly after Mack for performing The Walls of Jericho on the responding officer, but i stood up for our 5 star, and this program..

i write to you all from the Monroe County Jail..

i was denied bond, but i stashed a Galaxy S10 in my @$$.

will keep everyone updated..

- Barrel Rick, 2023

sponsored by Hormel Chili & Christopher Gunn Jr.

#FreeRicky

Using the ol Prison Wallet

• Haha 3