Louisville Post Game Thread

KDB

2 hours ago, KDB said:

I agree, and I think it could make his shot start to come along quicker as well. I know some think otherwise and no doubt it’s been rough, but CJ is a good shooter, it’ll come. I really think if he puts it all together his ceiling is a high one.

Someone commented on Twitter I believe that he shoots differently pre game compared to in game. Just curious if anyone has seen this live and what they see as different in the two

1 hour ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I didn’t get to watch the end of the game. I recorded it but of course it ran long and I forgot to record the next show afterwards so my recording ended. What zone did they go to? Anyone think they’ll now consider going to this more often since they suck at the other defense? 

Somebody can correct me if I’m wrong. I was at my in-laws celebrating a birthday and was watching on my phone while other things were going on. But it looked like a normal 2-3 zone, but we extended it more-so than just sitting deep. Our guards really put pressure on the ball handlers up top. Louisville struggled to get the ball to the middle and shoot. We also rebounded well out of it. They just didn’t expect it, nor were they ready for it bc we hadn’t played it all year. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

Someone commented on Twitter I believe that he shoots differently pre game compared to in game. Just curious if anyone has seen this live and what they see as different in the two

Judging with my highly untrained eye, it looks like he is shooting on the way down from his jump. That, and the kid is SOOOOO wound up;  if he could bring the energy down to an 8.5 or so on his jump shots i think he'd be a lit better. The 3 he took after a whistle i the UConn game was smooth as hell and he even rolled his eyes when it went in. 

1 hour ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

Haven’t seen him shoot outside of games but I would not be surprised. Some people are amazing shooters given the time and space, but can’t seem to put it together at full speed in game. I’ve been thinking about this myself. It’s clear the staff has confidence in his shot and are actively encouraging him to shoot.

i'm just happy we won.  i think you have to remember that Louisville isn't good and that we were supposed to win that game though.  really not much from that game that gives me more confidence going forward.  starters didn't look good.  it is encouraging to get bench contributions, but we are going to play a lot of teams that are a lot better than Louisville.  i stay with what i have been saying - i like the talent on this team.  although i do think it is a poorly put together roster and question if Woodson is the guy - i hope we just keep getting better and better.  quickly!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I don't recall either one of those word being used by anybody, except maybe one of the trolls.  What I recall is people saying we were playing poorly, which, up until tonight, was absolutely true.  

If you want to go find where one of those two words were used, feel free to prove me wrong.

gotta admit Fouls - i have probably said one or both.  i don't think i'm a troll, but maybe i am?  i do kind of think that is my opinion if i say that though.  maybe not a popular one, but if i say we suck, isn't that just like my opinion?  i don't really think we suck though.  i think we're average.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SawatchHoosier said:

I for one appreciated having my negativity shoved up my rear end. I had lost hope when we were down 7. 

Additionally, @SawatchHoosier assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions made in the Indiana Vs Louisville Game Thread. The information contained in on that thread is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness. 

same.  that's the one nice thing about expecting the worst.  it's good when you are wrong!  that said, this win doesn't make me feel all that more optimistic.  hoping i will be wrong!

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

gotta admit Fouls - i have probably said one or both.  i don't think i'm a troll, but maybe i am?  i do kind of think that is my opinion if i say that though.  maybe not a popular one, but if i say we suck, isn't that just like my opinion?  i don't really think we suck though.  i think we're average.  

I had not seen you use those words when I created that post.  In no way do I consider you a troll.  You're a long-time regular contributor who is posting on here good or bad.  Frankly, in my opinion, you are allowed to use those words.  It is/was your opinion at the moment and time you posted it.  Nothing for you to apologize for.  My whole point is that true IU fans should not be belittled for having an opinion about the team, whether that opinion be good or bad.   

• Like 3

9 hours ago, 5fouls said:

The zone worked great against Louisville, a poorly coached team.  That said, I would like us to try it agains in the future since we have trouble on switches and the like.  As others have said, we have good length.  But, we can't expect it to work that well all the time.  

see this is what i was going to say.  i do give kudos to Woodson for listening to suggestions and making a change.  i don't mind seeing us play more zone, ut i sure hope we practice it a lot if we do.  we are long enough, but that was not a good team or a well coached team we just beat.  

• Like 1

I think we should go more zone moving forward…don’t need to play it all the time but right now we need to simplify. Glad the staff changed it up…it surely won us the game. 

Regarding Mgbako, I thought he was more aggressive in his minutes (though he had an ugly spell during Louisville’s run)…with that said, it seemed like he was looking for his shot more. Yes, he missed them but I’m glad he took more shots. I think eventually he starts knocking those in. His confidence is shaken…a few good plays from him and it may just start to click. 

Edited by Hoosier987

26 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I had not seen you use those words when I created that post.  In no way do I consider you a troll.  You're a long-time regular contributor who is posting on here good or bad.  Frankly, in my opinion, you are allowed to use those words.  It is/was your opinion at the moment and time you posted it.  Nothing for you to apologize for.  My whole point is that true IU fans should not be belittled for having an opinion about the team, whether that opinion be good or bad.   

Who "belittled" him?

I asked if "we suck" or "we stink" is an opinion... It's not... It's a slur...

If I said " @5fouls, you suck" how would you take it? Just simply my opinion?

You asked for proof, like I was making it up... Which I provided, and you initially ignored, then today validated. 

I get tired of a certain sect of posters who really have nothing good to say about this team or Mike Woodson. Does he have the right to say it? Sure... But when I clap back, don't act surprised... You can be "pissed" all you want...

I have nothing against valid criticism or healthy debate... But I have yet to see the time when "we suck" was conducive to either of those

• Like 2

Who cares if someone says “we suck”….goodness. We don’t need people policing other people’s words…it shouldn’t work that ways…it’s tiresome… He has the right to say it…it’s his opinion…this is a message board! We have sucked for a large portion of the 5 games. People get juiced up for games, and frankly watching IU play these first 5 games has been frustrating. They have a lot of work to do. They need to gel. Hopefully Woodson can get them playing as a cohesive unit .

Edited by Hoosier987
  • Like 5

12 hours ago, ForHumanity said:

Again, you have missed the point completely. Take a breath and breath. Where does the last word fit into this conversation?

The zone doesn't happen if someone didn't bring it up. Kuddos to that person and Kuddos for Woody to agree!

Answer this: Does Woody go zone if that person kept his mouth shut?

I'm just not sure why that's relevant at all.  

12 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Who "belittled" him?

You asked for proof, like I was making it up... Which I provided, and you initially ignored, then today validated. 

I get tired of a certain sect of posters who really have nothing good to say about this team or Mike Woodson. Does he have the right to say it? Sure... But when I clap back, don't act surprised... You can be "pissed" all you want...

I have nothing against valid criticism or healthy debate... But I have yet to see the time when "we suck" was conducive to either of those

Actually, 'You Suck' and 'You Stink' are opinions, no different than 'You're Great' and 'You Smell Nice', just on opposite side of the spectrum.  Admittedly, all of those phrases, by themselves, are short on supporting evidence, but they are opinions.  

And, for the record, I don't mind one iota if someone says I suck.  I couldn't care less, so feel free to say it at your leisure.  I understand perfectly that others see the world differently than I do.  Doesn't make me right and them wrong.  It means we have different opinions on things. The whole point is, by definition, an opinion has no right or wrong.  they belong to the individual person. 

Disagree with an opinion.  Share contradictory evidence.  I'm fine with that.  I just think it's wrong to call someone out for having a differing one.  A lot of issues in the world outside of sports are caused by that very thing.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Who "belittled" him?

^^This!^^

.....and those same posters are like a fly that you can't seem to get rid of. They're the ones who most likely agree with what DD pukes out! 

These negative posters just aren't considering just how young and new this team is. I mean, the addition of Banks and Gunn into the rotation is a welcomed addition and they're still learning. They rarely saw the floor  last year which makes it seem like they are new players all over again. JMO 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Actually, 'You Suck' and 'You Stink' are opinions, no different than 'You're Great' and 'You Smell Nice', just on opposite side of the spectrum.  Admittedly, all of those phrases, by themselves, are short on supporting evidence, but they are opinions.  

And, for the record, I don't mind one iota if someone says I suck.  I couldn't care less, so feel free to say it at your leisure.  I understand perfectly that others see the world differently than I do.  Doesn't make me right and them wrong.  It means we have different opinions on things. The whole point is, by definition, an opinion has no right or wrong.  they belong to the individual person. 

Disagree with an opinion.  Share contradictory evidence.  I'm fine with that.  I just think it's wrong to call someone out for having a differing one.  A lot of issues in the world outside of sports are caused by that very thing.

If someone walked up to your child, in your presence, after a sporting event they'd participated in and said, "you suck" I'm sure you'd take it as a valid "opinion." 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1