Purdue Pre-Game Thread

IUFLA

2 hours ago, Reacher said:

Wennington could shoot from 15 feet

You beat me to it. I remember watching Wennington go against Patrick Ewing, Ronny Seikaly, and Ed Pickney in the Big East. He was VERY skilled and crafty. The 80s lumberjack look may have lead some to think he was less athletic and skilled than he really was at the time. Nice NBA career as a role player as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ledies22 said:

oh god, could you imagine this board. Edey and Malik clogging up the middle, not shooting threes. I think this is even your biggest gripe. It would be worse next year.

We would also be a Top 10 team with Edey.

10 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

We would also be a Top 10 team with Edey.

probably... Maybe not. We would definitely need 3-4 more perimeter players to help. And big man centered teams are not usually successful tournament time. We would jut get up for the let down.

I fail to see how much different next year with Edey we would be than this year. We would be better, but how much?

Edited by ledies22

2 hours ago, Hoosierinbham said:

You beat me to it. I remember watching Wennington go against Patrick Ewing, Ronny Seikaly, and Ed Pickney in the Big East. He was VERY skilled and crafty. The 80s lumberjack look may have lead some to think he was less athletic and skilled than he really was at the time. Nice NBA career as a role player as well.

Those bigs actually had post moves besides dribbling your guy all way down to the basket 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I think cups would do fine defensively, but losing any scoring by him starting would be a big hit.  We need to score tonight from multiple levels and people

all around, not disparaging Cupps by any means, but XJ can hound the ball more, and provides more of a scoring threat. We are going to have to win the battles 1-4 + bench to win this game. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Predictions - does XJ start tonight?

i bet he does.  yeah, i have to say again, we probably need him playing and playing well to win.  at the same time, he could be our downfall.  i'm really fine either way personally.  i'm tired of his act and would applaud Woodson not starting him.  at the same time, i don't think that will happen and will be thrilled if he plays well!  if he's playing like crap, i hope he'll take one for the team and hit Edey in the nuts.  

• Haha 3

let's make a push to get this pre game thread up!  can people please start posting pics slamming the SMELLERMAKERS?  you know like the ones about their cheerleaders being cows, boiler down, etc.?  i gotta go walk the dog then i'll get my game face on with some bourbon and be ready to go!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

all around, not disparaging Cupps by any means, but XJ can hound the ball more, and provides more of a scoring threat. We are going to have to win the battles 1-4 + bench to win this game. 

Agreed good XJ is the better option.  But bad XJ isn't any better imo

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

let's make a push to get this pre game thread up!  can people please start posting pics slamming the SMELLERMAKERS?  you know like the ones about their cheerleaders being cows, boiler down, etc.?  i gotta go walk the dog then i'll get my game face on with some bourbon and be ready to go!

image.png.6c37c722f460c7198158710c7fbe594e.png

• Like 1