Purdue Post Game Thread

KDB

5 minutes ago, IU247 said:

The thing is. This officiating shitshow has been a big ol issue for years.  But the suits in big ten HQ continue to stick their head in their hiney and pretend like the officials are not the problem.  
Then when March madness comes around they wonder why the big 10 continues to suck  in the tournament  despite the issue being apparent to my blind neighbor  

then

It isn’t accidental.  There are narratives being pushed.  We don’t have any pull and the conference is ok keeping us down.  We will all still watch IU even while being screwed.  Our fan base and ratings are taken advantage of for the good of every other team in the conference

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hoopsta007 said:

It isn’t accidental.  There are narratives being pushed.  We don’t have any pull and the conference is ok keeping us down.  We will all still watch IU even while being screwed.  Our fan base and ratings are taken advantage of for the good of every other team in the conference

Eh, I don’t think the officiating is targeting IU in particular. I just think they’re incompetent.

• Like 8

the officiating killed the game flow and took IU out of the game and played into the hands of Purdue. Purdue was allowed to grab, push and not play vertical on every interior shot or layup. 

We still probably loose but it could have allowed a little game pressure 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, ForHumanity said:

And yet....no T's by coach.

He continues to be steamed rolled by the refs without a care in the world.

It’s plausible that part of the conspiracy is against CMW, since he was a Knight player. This is a deliberate effort against us and it must be stopped. Scott will hear from me this evening.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Lizard said:

We are not a good team.  No advanced metrics required.  Will we become a good team?  Hmmmm

Doubtful. Our perimeter play would have to magically flip a switch. Not gonna happen. 

Simply put, we suck. We get embarrassed against high quality teams. Expect us to be 4-5 in conference before too long 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, hoopsta007 said:

This is likely an aspect of truth here, as we are the dominant ratings leader within the conference and would be whether we win or not. Pushing other less deserving teams up won’t change any of that. My email to Scott will be detailed. 

The Quad 1 margin of loss stat and the biggest home loss to Purdue in 90 years are really bad stats. The coaches, the team, the AD… all need to look in the mirror and figure this out.

If this season goes completely south and you have stats like those hanging out there it should cost people jobs.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 94hoosier said:

the officiating killed the game flow and took IU out of the game and played into the hands of Purdue. Purdue was allowed to grab, push and not play vertical on every interior shot or layup. 

We still probably loose but it could have allowed a little game pressure 

Sure would have been nice to find out for sure. 5 minutes in the game changed. Of course depending on what side of the world people or IU fans sit on....they skew their points in that favor. All I know is the game changed early. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Kdug said:

Eh, I don’t think the officiating is targeting IU in particular. I just think they’re incompetent.

I’d tend to believe that if it weren’t a recurring theme.  It seems to benefit the same teams over and over.  Has Edey fouled out of more than a handful of games (or even been in foul trouble)?

Just now, hoopsta007 said:

I’d tend to believe that if it weren’t a recurring theme.  It seems to benefit the same teams over and over.  Has Edey fouled out of more than a handful of games (or even been in foul trouble)?

I think it’s possible that some conference schools are part of the officiating conspiracy. We dominated all of them for years and there has been no shortage of jealousy. What we are seeing now is the result of that jealousy.

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Sure would have been nice to find out for sure. 5 minutes in the game changed. Of course depending on what side of the world people or IU fans sit on....they skew their points in that favor. All I know is the game changed early. 

Yeah, calls were awful but the two guys we sat finished with 5 fouls total. That’s a bad coaching decision.

We are averaging losing by 18 to Quad 1 opponents. We just had our worst home loss to Purdue in 90 years. Don’t come in here and try to act like people aren’t justified in being upset with the state of things.

This board has been very civil sans comments like this from you and a few others stirring crap up. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, MSHoosier said:

Of course X had a terrible game, but I want to talk about Reneau. Go back and count how many times his man grabbed an offensive rebound. I know he is probably our best offensive option, but I would prefer someone play who actually cares a little about defense

There’s a nba mock draft that describes MR as a “tenacious rebounder” and all I could do was laugh. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Yeah, calls were awful but the two guys we sat finished with 5 fouls total. That’s a bad coaching decision.

We are averaging losing by 18 to Quad 1 opponents. We just had our worst home loss to Purdue in 90 years. Don’t come in here and try to act like people aren’t justified in being upset with the state of things.

This board has been very civil sans comments like this from you and a few others stirring crap up. 

Coach Woodson is the right guy for the job, and we’ll be a tournament team in March. The Negative Nancy Whine and Cheese Club crowd will see soon enough and when the officiating conspiracy is exposed, we’ll be on top where we should be.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Stats. Those two

FG Purdue 29/62 IU 27-65

3FG Purdue 7/19 IU 8/24

FT 22/27 IU 4/9

So we can see the difference in the game. Purdue actually only had 1 more offensive rebound and we only had 10 turnovers. Those two categories was the ones I were most concerned with and we held our own.

• Like 1