Purdue Post Game Thread

KDB

13 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I am embarrassed to say that I am an IU basketball fan.

first time in over 50 years.

Done caring.

Sorry man. I know we have butted heads at times on how this season is going, but it sucks to see you at this point. Apathy sucks. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Muddy River said:

If Edey wore an IU jersey he’d have two fouls at the tip, and as long as Woody didn’t sit him, he’d foul out before the under 12 minute time out.

I won’t put this on Woodson, but if he were in an IU jersey, he’d shoot 37% from the FT line. 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, KDB said:

“If Indiana calls he’s going” - Trilly Donovan on Dusty May.. FYI

I’m sure he would but as much as I like Dusty May, im sure plenty of us wouldn’t be excited if he didn’t have that connection to IU and Knight. 

IMO, we need a proven P5 coach and not another experiment/risk (ex-Archie, Woody). I think IU could land one, but Dolson being our AD gives me little to no hope he’s capable of accomplishing that. 

IU basketball feels on life support tbh. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

I’m sure he would but as much as I like Dusty May, im sure plenty of us wouldn’t be excited if he didn’t have that connection to IU and Knight. 

IMO, we need a proven P5 coach and not another experiment/risk (ex-Archie, Woody). I think IU could land one, but Dolson being our AD gives me little to no hope he’s capable of accomplishing that. 

IU basketball feels on life support tbh. 

He nailed the football hire it looks like. I'd like to see him make a basketball hire without the BoT intervening and Whitten as  President instead of McRobbie. 

• Like 2

Just now, KoB2011 said:

He nailed the football hire it looks like. I'd like to see him make a basketball hire without the BoT intervening and Whitten as  President instead of McRobbie. 

Maybe, Coach Cig hasn’t coached a single game yet haha. Didn’t some people think Archie Miller was a “home run” too? Also, not sure if it was him or Glass but they went full moron and gave Tom Allen a big raise or extension after the Covid year. I know Dolson went full moron recently by giving Woody an extra million each year.

Going to continue to be the laughing stock of the (expanding) Big Ten with reckless decision making like that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SawatchHoosier said:

I love how this fan base can look back on the 80s but it easily forgets something less than a decade ago.

To be fair, you guys are misreading the original tweet if you think that applies.

He said "game of this magnitude", and I'm not sure we've been down 20+ at the half at home in a game of that magnitude (critical game for the season, against our biggest rival who happens to be ranked #2). 

4 minutes ago, Muddy River said:

Ummm.  Archie lost to Purdue badly at Assembly Hall on the night Coach Knight returned to the hall…so there is that….

That game did suck, but we lost by 12 and it was a 3 point game with ~11 minutes to go. 

• Like 1

Why not put this on Woodson. If this was Archie Millers team the pitch forks would be out. He’s the artist behind the painting.

I’m so tired of the coaching carousel but I don’t see how anyone can say we’ve done well firing the last two coaches to end up with this. It only cost millions.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Inequality said:

Why not put this on Woodson. If this was Archie Millers team the pitch forks would be out. He’s the artist behind the painting.

I’m so tired of the coaching carousel but I don’t see how anyone can say we’ve done well firing the last two coaches to end up with this. It only cost millions.

Woody needs to go quietly after the season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Inequality said:

Groundhog Day.

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

This mess is 100% Mike Woodson's mess.

This is year 3 - this is his team and his guys. We are trending towards being the worst team, sans Crean's first three years, since before Bobby Knight was coach. That is unfathomable.

He blamed Edey going off on not having TJD and Race.... two guys he didn't recruit.

The refs sucked, but he chose to sit our only good chance at winning the entire first half. That's on him and no one else.

We have more 15+ point losses in 2.5 years of Mike Woodson that we did in 4 years of Archie, or in the last 7 years of Tom Crean. 

We run a bad offensive scheme and a bad defensive scheme. We've been a bad rebounding team the entire time he's been here. He's stubborn and when he gets questioned he is frequently combative.

He's got two months to show why he shouldn't have an incredibly hot seat. 

Couldn’t agree more 

• Like 4