Purdue Post Game Thread

KDB

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

I do wonder what would have happened this offseason had he not returned. A 6th year senior obviously scared off any hope of a guard coming here wanting playing time that could help us right now. He has been absolutely terrible this year.

Him being an all big ten pg coming into this season was a joke.

Would this be a bad time to point out Knecht scored 39 tonight for the Vols?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Indykev said:

We can bitch all we want about the ref's, they were awful. But this team is worse.....the coach, team construction, QUIT, XJ sucks. NIT at best, if we make that.

The thing is. This officiating shitshow has been a big ol issue for years.  But the suits in big ten HQ continue to stick their head in their hiney and pretend like the officials are not the problem.  
Then when March madness comes around they wonder why the big 10 continues to suck  in the tournament  despite the issue being apparent to my blind neighbor  

then

• Like 7

1 minute ago, MSHoosier said:

Of course X had a terrible game, but I want to talk about Reneau. Go back and count how many times his man grabbed an offensive rebound. I know he is probably our best offensive option, but I would prefer someone play who actually cares a little about defense

He isn’t our best offensive option. Hes extremely reluctant to pass the ball.

We all love his interior passing but Purdue just showed every team how to handle that - don’t help off of Ware, double with a guard and watch Reneau play selfish, stupid basketball. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, southsidehoosier said:

Lurch waving to the crowd. What a tool 

This will come off as bitter, but it’s not entirely intended that way:

This is the peak of his basketball career (I mean this season as a whole). He’s either going to get embarrassed in the NBA or go overseas after this, so let him enjoy it. First win against IU in two years.

Just as long as someday he realizes how coddled he’s been by the refs in his college career.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

They would have fouled out if they played more in the first half. The officials didn’t want them in the game. Not paying the fouls called on them weren’t fouls. not called the same in the other end

Loyer flopped on MM first foul. Push johnson down and called a foul on johnson. 

Not sure how you call a F1 on johnson either. 

Johnson played like shit again. We can’t win any big games unless he plays better

• Like 2

I’ll be sending Scott a detailed email to request that he officially protest the officiating with the Big Ten commissioner. It is apparent that there is a deliberate effort in place to insure that we aren’t able to compete at the top of the conference or nationally. This is an obvious conspiracy that must be immediately investigated and when the facts bear it out, it must be referred to the proper legal authorities. To be treated so disrespectfully and intentionally is obscene and not proper.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, IU247 said:

The thing is. This officiating shitshow has been a big ol issue for years.  But the suits in big ten HQ continue to stick their head in their hiney and pretend like the officials are not the problem.  
Then when March madness comes around they wonder why the big 10 continues to suck  in the tournament  despite the issue being apparent to my blind neighbor  

then

That and the Big Ten style of play.

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Cupps was the only guy who finished with more than three fouls. We can blame the refs, they weren’t good, but we chose to sit guys and chose to have a blank stare as the refs made bad calls.

Refs aside, we lost by 21 at home. Unacceptable. This team is running out of time to start caring. 

Don't kid yourself.  Time is up.  We got 2 more thumping coming and then we see how much of a disaster we are in the middle of against Iowa.  There aren't enough games worth a darn left on the schedule that we are likely to win to matter.  So unless you are excited about playing another P5 loser team like us or some mid-major that had a good year but miffed their conference tournament in the NIT, there isn't a whole hell of alot to cheer for this year.  Just a turd circling the bowl.

• Like 2

Just now, Indykev said:

That and the Big Ten style of play.

I wonder if USC and UCLA will have enough pull next year. They will be in for a big ass wakeup when they see that officiating in the big 10 is as bad as what you find in a beer league game 

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

He isn’t our best offensive option. Hes extremely reluctant to pass the ball.

We all love his interior passing but Purdue just showed every team how to handle that - don’t help off of Ware, double with a guard and watch Reneau play selfish, stupid basketball. 

So many times, he went one on one from beyond the arc to try to get a two, when Mack was open ready for ball.  Complete lack of trust in teammates and that has ramifications over the course of season. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Courtsensetwo said:

I’ll be sending Scott a detailed email to request that he officially protest the officiating with the Big Ten commissioner. It is apparent that there is a deliberate effort in place to insure that we aren’t able to compete at the top of the conference or nationally. This is an obvious conspiracy that must be immediately investigated and when the facts bear it out, it must be referred to the proper legal authorities. To be treated so disrespectfully and intentionally is obscene and not proper.

And yet....no T's by coach.

He continues to be steamed rolled by the refs without a care in the world.

• Like 2