Purdue Post Game Thread

KDB

2 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i think there is something said for a team to have an identity.  i think you look at Purdue, Wisconsin, maybe even Michigan St. and you know their identity every year.  tough team.  hard nosed.  solid team D.  unselfish, smart ball.  not sexy or fun to watch, but identity.  syracuse was always their 2-3.  some teams play fast.  some teams dominate the boards on both ends.  etc, etc.  what is our identity?  

Could be: soft and inconsistent.   

7 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

And if that isn’t enough to bust your ass and send somebody through a wall in cow country, I don’t know what is. But I’m sure they don’t care.

I guess he feels real good to be 1-2 against IU teams that aren’t very good while being ranked top 10

1 hour ago, IUCrazy2 said:

See this is what I am talking about.  If I am an Indiana player that little fhit saying stuff like that would piss me off.  Them yapping at our fans would piss me off.  We just have guys with no fight.

We get punked every year by Rutgers players with no response

• Like 8

9 hours ago, IndyResident16 said:

Archie checked nearly all of the boxes for a young coach, except for one: winning at a big time program. He failed miserably at that. Every elite coach at one point was an up and comer, I get that. But for every elite basketball coach who wins at the highest level, there's a hundred failed up and comers who never make it at the top level. It's a risk every single time you go this hiring route. 

If you had to bet on someone succeeding at IU in the next 5 years who would you put your money on (or in the AD;'s case your job): Dusty May or somebody like Bruce Pearl/Chris Beard? That needs to be the only approach going forward. 

Totally agree. If we hire a proven coach and he fails then we’re just cursed and should leave the Big Ten lol. Archie and Woody were high risk/high reward scenarios. Give me low risk/high reward. I think we can hire a proven coach because the SEC and Big Ten are deep moving forward and with the transfer portal and our NIL $, a good coach can come in and turn it around quickly. 

I made a list of coaches I thought IU could go after post Kansas game because I’m a masochist lol. I’ve said before I don’t think you can get rid of Woody this year because he did some impressive things last year and I don’t think letting him go after 3 years will help land who we would want with that short of a leash. But if I were Dolson, I’m making a list, getting a feeler out there with alums about how they feel about Woody currently and trying to gain a sense of who people would be into as a replacement so when the time comes, everyone is on the same page. 

58 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Totally agree. If we hire a proven coach and he fails then we’re just cursed and should leave the Big Ten lol. Archie and Woody were high risk/high reward scenarios. Give me low risk/high reward. I think we can hire a proven coach because the SEC and Big Ten are deep moving forward and with the transfer portal and our NIL $, a good coach can come in and turn it around quickly. 

I made a list of coaches I thought IU could go after post Kansas game because I’m a masochist lol. I’ve said before I don’t think you can get rid of Woody this year because he did some impressive things last year and I don’t think letting him go after 3 years will help land who we would want with that short of a leash. But if I were Dolson, I’m making a list, getting a feeler out there with alums about how they feel about Woody currently and trying to gain a sense of who people would be into as a replacement so when the time comes, everyone is on the same page. 

i don't think there's any way Woodson is fired after this season, but would still be interested to see your list!

24 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i don't think there's any way Woodson is fired after this season, but would still be interested to see your list!

He definitely gets one more year, and probably a couple more, if we somehow make the tournament this year.

Edited by Hoosier4Life53
  • Haha 2

The question remains does X recover from the nutter or not?

So for the answer is no.

He gives no reason to consider him a starter with his performance as of yet.

May he get over the hump and be productive again.

He needs a breakout game to dismiss any doubt.

The F1 that was called on him was BS!

Edited by ForHumanity

2 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

He should leave out of respect, he is not the answer.  This is IU in the NIL world. IU should expect / demand more.  
I am a Kansas guy, look at what our little bro Kstate did last year and is decent this year - new coach, portal and made EE and will make noise in the big 12 , the best basketball conference. 
 No excuses, Woody needs to go.

• Like 2

I've admitted to myself that we are not a god team this year and won't be no matter the coaching. That has helped to simply watch my team, enjoy those kids college experience on live cam and move on. watch every game.

There is a culture now (Last 40 yrs) that it's ok to just KINDA give effort. IT's ok to bang quiff and then just kind of perform on the ball form, as long as you can be a spot light for the ladies. Well rose Hulman Swimmers can do that.

Duke lost a legend, where are they ?

North Carolina lost a winning idiot, where are they?

They are reloaded and back at the top, while we aint sniffed the long johns of the ugliest girl who mixes the feed for the cows who had an incontinence problem in 40 yrs. You can say that the college/admin isn't a problem due to their left leaning nature, but it would be hard to prove.

40 yrs, We are no better than detroit manufacturing jobs. WHO the hell has this program handcuffed?  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

I've admitted to myself that we are not a god team this year and won't be no matter the coaching. That has helped to simply watch my team, enjoy those kids college experience on live cam and move on. watch every game.

There is a culture now (Last 40 yrs) that it's ok to just KINDA give effort. IT's ok to bang quiff and then just kind of perform on the ball form, as long as you can be a spot light for the ladies. Well rose Hulman Swimmers can do that.

Duke lost a legend, where are they ?

North Carolina lost a winning idiot, where are they?

They are reloaded and back at the top, while we aint sniffed the long johns of the ugliest girl who mixes the feed for the cows who had an incontinence problem in 40 yrs. You can say that the college/admin isn't a problem due to their left leaning nature, but it would be hard to prove.

40 yrs, We are no better than detroit manufacturing jobs. WHO the hell has this program handcuffed?  

Cal did get his 400th win, big news down here in southern Indiana....  😒