IU unveils its alternative jersey

47 minutes ago, Victobmyboy said:

I like them. The shoes look great but that’s because I’m not 65 and still wear Levi 505’s and NB boomer shoes. The recruits and former players love them. JHS was sporting them yesterday. 

I resemble that old remark. I feel old sometimes but not even made it to your 49 yet so there…

image.gif.85d1737be531b154a152aa80570fd1de.gif

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Victobmyboy said:

My daughter says “it eats”. I’m 49 but love IU doing these things. Adidas is just trying to stay relevant. It’s working. Liam and others tweeted these. JHS is porting fear of god stuff too. 

So my Grandson who just made the middle school team as a 6th grader says he doesn’t really like them?! 🤷‍♂️😂  

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I like these! I'm just glad Indiana is doing something, anything that's fun and modern. 

I agree about fun and modern. I usually love black uniforms as well. These just seem kind of plain? Oh well maybe they’ll look better on the screen and I’ll be like never mind those look awesome. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, IUskim said:

I usually love black uniforms, but these are just kind of boring

There’s an IU fan on Twitter that makes mock uniforms. 

I agree I’m a big fan of alternate unis but would have liked to have seen something a little more elaborate like the ones he made. 

Regardless, guys like Liam are hyped over the jerseys and that’s all that matters at the end of the day. 

4FEEE1EF-11FF-49D4-B891-7CB63B4E69B9.png

9458BACA-4D29-4977-B903-58FCB905A794.png

• Like 1

On 2/16/2024 at 8:48 PM, Seeking6 said:

Love them. Fire them up the rest of the year!

I'll stand by my original assessment from Friday night. Really like them. Of course how we play is what's important but if the kids/recruits/players like them that's all that matters to me. Didn't know we had so many fashion design professionals on here in addition to assistant coaches.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

There’s an IU fan on Twitter that makes mock uniforms. 

I agree I’m a big fan of alternate unis but would have liked to have seen something a little more elaborate like the ones he made. 

Regardless, guys like Liam are hyped over the jerseys and that’s all that matters at the end of the day. 

4FEEE1EF-11FF-49D4-B891-7CB63B4E69B9.png

9458BACA-4D29-4977-B903-58FCB905A794.png

I love both of those. Let’s do those next year. Also I know they are fan made but still. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

admittedly i am not the Dr of style and i am an angry old man, but now that i've looked at them more, they look like practice jerseys to me.  

They looks like AAU jersey's that were made down the street by the local guy who has a tshirt machine in his garage and did them for $27 and a package of ball park franks. They plump when you cook them you know

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kodos said:

I honestly had trouble adjusting watching the game. I kept finding myself rooting for the white uniforms and then quickly correcting myself. Too bad, too, because the white uniforms were usually doing better.

I mentioned the same thing in the game thread.  I caught myself a couple of times cheering when NW made a good plays because I am so used to seeing us in white on that court.  It took me all of the first half to adjust and I don't think I ever really did.  

• Like 1

On 2/18/2024 at 11:15 AM, SawatchHoosier said:

The dark/grey color of the uniform represents the feeling every Purdue undergrad has when they realize this is the dating pool in West Lafayette. 

7a45e415483a5bd1d7c60c1bb7c6fba6.jpg

I'm back for 10 minutes and already run into one of these. 🤣

No comment for now....

• Haha 1