Mike Woodson to return as coach next season

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Would you rather he not come back and have Sparks play 30+ minutes?  

I want him to play the 5 if he is back. If he is playing the 4 and a transfer or Sparks at the 5, then yeah I'd rather he not come back. 

• Like 2

If this is actually true, and the team gets beaten badly by MSU at home, then whoever leaked this did absolutely no favors to the coaches or players.

LIke.... shit is going to be so incredibly ugly if we get beat by double digits and it's already confirmed he is back. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

Just the general ratios of transfers says you statement is false.  There will be transfers and ones that hurt.

Ok. We all know a few folks...and they have a certain credit rating. The people that thought Woodson was going anywhere this year....(and the weak minded folks can say it's QB) need to find new people to follow or rely on.

Woodson was going nowhere. We can all cite the disappointments, other coaches, programs,etc...that have stuck with their coaches and gotten the subsequent results but at the end of the day IU was never going to fire CMW after 3 when they gave Archie 4....and Crean, and etc...

In terms of transfer. I expect IU to be a top destination this offseason. If we hit this is a quick fix...and if that fix happens the 25 class is locked and loaded as of right now.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

If this is actually true, and the team gets beaten badly by MSU at home, then whoever leaked this did absolutely no favors to the coaches or players.

LIke.... shit is going to be so incredibly ugly if we get beat by double digits and it's already confirmed he is back. 

I agree, no reason to release this until at least the B10 tourney

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Ok. We all know a few folks...and they have a certain credit rating. The people that thought Woodson was going anywhere this year....(and the weak minded folks can say it's QB) need to find new people to follow or rely on.

Woodson was going nowhere. We can all cite the disappointments, other coaches, programs,etc...that have stuck with their coaches and gotten the subsequent results but at the end of the day IU was never going to fire CMW after 3 when they gave Archie 4....and Crean, and etc...

In terms of transfer. I expect IU to be a top destination this offseason. If we hit this is a quick fix...and if that fix happens the 25 class is locked and loaded as of right now.

Can you please stop insulting people? No one is weak minded. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Not against him as a person, and as one of the all time IU greats, I certainly want him to succeed. But I really don’t think we are trending in the right direction. This could mean that feelers were sent out to potential replacements and no one reciprocated? 

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Take 5 seconds online and the tribe is saying it's Quinn Buckner. Nothing could be further from the truth. Sorry I insulted you. 

I don't care what anyone online is saying, you constantly insult people. Stop it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Whether or not CMW believed/s his status was ever in jeopardy, the simple release of this report should be a warning shot that he takes very seriously. And make no mistake, his work is cut out for him.

He simply can't have double-digit losses.

Has to contend for a Big Ten title.

Has to make the second weekend in March Madness.

Anything less and he's gone.

This ain't no retirement gig... it's time for him to work his ass off like never before.

• Like 5

Just announced on BTN, that Woodson will be back. Have maintained all along that there was zero chance that Woodson would be fired this year. IU put themselves in an impossible position when he was hired. 

He’ll be on every Hot Seat list before next year

Edited by 13th&Jackson
  • Like 2

I'm sure there will be some sacrificial lambs brought to slaughter to appease the fanbase and try to convince us things will be different & better next season. So, who will be on the block? Who should be?

I'm assuming the majority of fans probably want Ya, Hunter and Armond Hill gone. Does Cheaney stay? Have Walsh, Hulls and Surface done enough to warrant retention?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

I'm sure there will be some sacrificial lambs brought to slaughter to appease the fanbase and try to convince us things will be different & better next season. So, who will be on the block? Who should be?

I'm assuming the majority of fans probably want Ya, Hunter and Armond Hill gone. Does Cheaney stay? Have Walsh, Hulls and Surface done enough to warrant retention?

Imagine we get rid of Walsh and Woody brings in his buddy Kenny Payne. Nothing would surprise me at this point

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

Fife won’t be retained 

• Haha 6

5 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

Cliff will be the one marched to the gallows at the Sample Gates. (Walk-up music by STYX)